Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #31
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: has there ever been a great combination of amazing shooter and dunker than durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derivative
Jordan was the goat midrange shooter, maybe not 3 point shooter
Just maaaybe
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 AM   #32
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation
Default Re: has there ever been a greater combination of amazing shooter and dunker than durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
i don't think allen was as deadly a shooter back then
Still Deadly, but not as consistent nor as quick.
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 AM   #33
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default Re: has there ever been a greater combination of amazing shooter and dunker than durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
John Starks
JR Smith
Baron Davis

Fck no
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:30 AM   #34
sbw19
Decent college freshman

sbw19 has decent reputation

Largely forgotten but this guy deserves a mention as well. None in addition score as effortlessly though, KD is just bionic in that regard.
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:35 AM   #35
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbw19
Largely forgotten but this guy deserves a mention as well. None in addition score as effortlessly though, KD is just bionic in that regard.

i remember reading that he was thinking of making a comeback
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:51 AM   #36
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Jason Richardson deserves mention
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 AM   #37
talamo
I hit open 5-footers

talamo has not been impressing people
Default Re: has there ever been a great combination of amazing shooter and dunker than durant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
Kobe is not a great shooter and not a great dunker.
Not in his prime, not right now, not ever.

slam dunk champ is not a great dunker
talamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #38
sbw19
Decent college freshman

sbw19 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
i remember reading that he was thinking of making a comeback

He doesn't have much left, but he could mentor some of the younger teams, and maybe pursue a career in coaching a la Brian Shaw.
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:35 AM   #39
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation

Many players was just as good as durant in those two regards.However none did it better because none of the player were above 6'6 or have a larger wingspan than most centers.

You have to understand what makes durant so good is his size not just his skills.

I watch durant and everytime he wants to get a shot off its a clean look.Its amazing how high his release is.Thats why nobody in the league can slow him down.Only player who could stop him would be prime kevin garnett and try to pay attention when he dunks he barely jumps.
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #40
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat coolFKAri is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28renyoy
Jason Richardson deserves mention

Surprised no one mentioned this.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #41
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Does KG deserve mention???

He is one of the greatest big man shooters and in his athletic prime was good at throwing it down with authority.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #42
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

fans and coaches were mentioning Michael Jordan as one of the best shooters in the NBA after the 80s. no one ever has or will consider the Durant among the best dunkers in the world. Michael Jordan not being a great shooter is a modern assumption. he was not a great outside shooter. But people didn't start judging shooting just by threes till like 2000.

you could find articles with people flatout calling Michael Jordan the best shooter in the NBA.

That said Vince is the obvious answer. And Kobe too. Again....shooting its not just from distance. Kobe is one of the best tough shot makers in the history of the game. And he happens to have 30 foot range as well. bigger gap between prime Kobe or Vince Carter to him as dunkers than Durant to them as shooters.

on the vast majority of usable court space Kobe in his prime is about as likely to make a shot from wherever he happens to be as anyone in the history of basketball. Durant is clearly more likely as you get farther away from the basket.....but its not like shooting was invented with the the point line or that most shots have been taken from there so why is that the only or even main consideration?

I'd say Durant compares pretty well to Michael Finley. both spectacular with power dunks one handed in traffic but not a lot of variety. I'd say mike jumped higher and finished with more power more consistently. but Kevin is a level or 2 up as a shot creator and maker of difficult shots. especially contested long range shots at which he may have 3 or 4 peers in the history of the game none of them being Finley.

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 01-17-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 AM   #43
KeyNote
KR∆PES

KeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputation

my player on 2K13
KeyNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #44
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Durant's an amazing shooter but to call him an amazing dunker though?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #45
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd say he's capable of a bit more than he shows in the league. I've seen him do some nice things in the summer and in the little lock out games. No more them Tayshaun prince though. I've seen them both to do windmils and quick through the legs dunks.....and go get some poorly thrown lobs and dunk in traffic.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: