Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Anyone Else Sick of the dumb ESPN Stat /Random Ass Clubs

I think the 20k Points for lebron is a big achievement, but 20k pts and 5k assists together? Random stats.

Sh!t man, Even Antawn Jamison is his own "elite" club/company with Dirk.
19k Pts, 7k rebounds, and 1k 3-pointers.
I remember them mentioning it in a Lakers game this year.

b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
therammingman

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Anyone Else Sick of the dumb ESPN Stat /Random Ass Clubs

**** espn
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:42 AM   #3
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

20-5-5 isn't bad. I just hate when they say shit like "30 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists while shooting 60% on Christmas day!"
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #4
monkeypox

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

You kind of have to do that otherwise no one would ever get a record because of Wilt Chamberlain. Jordan, the consensus GOAT hardly has any records to his name that don't require some sort of convolution.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 AM   #5
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
20-5-5 isn't bad. I just hate when they say shit like "30 points, 7 rebounds, 10 assists while shooting 60% on Christmas day!"
This.

Definitely no issues with 20k points and 5k assists considering Lebron achieved both in the same game. But yes, ESPN is a complete joke and I've been tired of their filler bs for a long time. It continues to get worse and more annoying as well.

Watch, I bet they run with this stupid Teo fake girlfriend bs for the next week and a half.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
toneloc103
I hit open 5-footers

toneloc103 has an OK reputation so far

Yes these random stats make me
toneloc103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
You kind of have to do that otherwise no one would ever get a record because of Wilt Chamberlain. Jordan, the consensus GOAT hardly has any records to his name that don't require some sort of convolution.
Please clarify this.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
Please clarify this.

More importantly, please clarify this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
b0bab0i

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO

Exactly sh!t like this.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
I think the 20k Points for lebron is a big achievement, but 20k pts and 5k assists together? Random stats.

Sh!t man, Even Antawn Jamison is his own "elite" club/company with Dirk.
19k Pts, 7k rebounds, and 1k 3-pointers.
I remember them mentioning it in a Lakers game this year.

BSPN is garbage. Learn that you will begin to understand sports in a much less retarded light.

Quote:
Jordan, the consensus GOAT hardly has any records to his name that don't require some sort of convolution.

Translation: poster started basketball after or during the first 00s three-peat Lakers. Most playoff points isn't a legit record huh? Gotcha
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #11
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Another one I hate is the "most points + assists since 2008" record
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #12
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate the stats hounds...but come on. They need to FIND things to talk about it. They know LeBron gets ratings...so they find ways to hype him up.
They even wrote a whole article about LeBron riding his bike.

HIS F*CKING BIKE!

And I will not start talking about Tebow.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #13
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i don't mind round numbers like 20-5-5

i do mind 17-7-3
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

some of the stats they put up are just lol worthy
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #15
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I hate the stats hounds...but come on. They need to FIND things to talk about it. They know LeBron gets ratings...so they find ways to hype him up.
They even wrote a whole article about LeBron riding his bike.

HIS F*CKING BIKE!

And I will not start talking about Tebow.

remember the 'LEBRON READS BOOKS! OMG!' headlines, because he got into hunger games, anything he does makes news.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: