Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default I am the dumbest ass in human history.

james worthy was the superior player on those north carolina teams. he was clearly better than mike

sometimes a career can be lifted by having your own situation/team built around you from day one. and sometimes your legacy can be hurt by playing behind 2 HOF'rs nearly the entire time.

what if.... james worthy played for the bulls

and jordan went to the lakers and had to play behind kareem and magic

jordan sacrifices his numbers to around 20ppg

worthy drops 27ppg

say the lakers win a few more rings. magic would have gotten most of the credit still... mike maybe winning the last 3 finals mvps out of the 6-7 titles

worthy and the bulls win 3-4 titles instead of 6

jordan ends his career with a 22,5,5 average, 6-7 titles, 3 fmvps

worthy ends his career with a 27,5,4 average, 4-5 titles, 4-5 fmvps

i think a guy like big game james just got caught up in propping up magic and kareems legacy..

jordan just got lucky to have had a derrick rose type defensive powerhouse built around him so jordan could free wheel on offense with seemingly all the credit going to him. when infact they were much more like the d-rose mvp bulls. in that they could win without him nearly just as much.

hense 1994 with only 2 less wins

jordan = 2 more wins... thats all he was ever worth to them. always stood out to me more than anything

its obvious offense had nothing to do with the bulls success. it was team effort and defense. jordan just pushed them over the top. and i believe any other great player in that position would have done the same
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jordan was lucky he went to the bulls and worthy went to the lakers

What's your prediction for tonight's game?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
What's your prediction for tonight's game?

heat win by 10
Old 01-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
heat win by 10

What do you think Wade'll do tonight vs Kobe?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
What do you think Wade'll do tonight vs Kobe?

25 points.

kobe will get in foul trouble... refs gonna rig it for lebron as always

i never seen a fair kobe/lebron game in my life

not since this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SpBM8dB4k
Old 01-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Based on the opinions you have handed out in the last year or two I find it unlikely you have ever watched James Worthy play and you probably watched Jordan on the wizards when you were 9. If that. But....that is often the case with people making absurd claims about that time. Perhaps id do the same were ISH around in 1991 and talk out my ass about Truck Robinson to people who saw him play live. We all do foolish things when young. So....im gonna leave you to it and hope you grow out of it. Enjoy your topic knowing that if it comes up deleted it was not me. Even if I really really really really feel the urge.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

hense 1994 with only 2 less wins

jordan = 2 more wins... thats all he was ever worth to them. always stood out to me more than anything

So all you got is regular season wins? No titles w/o Mike

Jordan joined a horrible team in '84; they were already improving before Scottie arrived, and simply continued to improve. Scottie was pretty bad as a rookie by the way. In '94, he was on a hugely experienced Bulls team that already had 3 rings, was a good team, and added both Kerr and Kukoc.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Based on the opinions you have handed out in the last year or two I find it unlikely you have ever watched James Worthy play and you probably watched Jordan on the wizards when you were 9. If that. But....that is often the case with people making absurd claims about that time. Perhaps id do the same were ISH around in 1991 and talk out my ass about Truck Robinson to people who saw him play live. We all do foolish things when young. So....im gonna leave you to it and hope you grow out of it. Enjoy your topic knowing that if it comes up deleted it was not me. Even if I really really really really feel the urge.

i know... its the don't diss lebron/mj forum

i know where i am

Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #9
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

WTF am I reading?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
i know... its the don't diss lebron/mj forum

i know where i am

That is your retort? dude you are a moron.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
So all you got is regular season wins? No titles w/o Mike

Jordan joined a horrible team in '84; they were already improving before Scottie arrived, and simply continued to improve. Scottie was pretty bad as a rookie by the way. In '94, he was on a hugely experienced Bulls team that already had 3 rings, was a good team, and added both Kerr and Kukoc.

my point is... jordan on the lakers would have gotten the kobe treatment

fans would just simply pass off his rings as the 2nd/3rd man early on in his career

while worthy would have gotten the jordan treatment... get all the credit for a defensive team. when he could jack up all the shots he wanted with no consequence. and every fmvp would be his
Old 01-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Just do it.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #13
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
worthy would have gotten the jordan treatment... get all the credit for a defensive team. when he could jack up all the shots he wanted with no consequence. and every fmvp would be his

Worthy was never as good MJ, so no, he wouldn't have gotten the "Jordan treatment". Quit living in fantasy land.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Griff, you're reaching new levels of ignorance on this thread, even by your standards; and that's really saying something. This may be your worst thread ever.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

i gotta call u out griff, worthy was pretty instrumental to those lakers championship runs

we don't know that lakers would have won few more rings if they just plugged mike in there. there would been a lot of chemistry issues
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: