Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation
Default Give me 3 reasons why Garnett is a deserving All Star

Other than the fans voting, why is he on the team? KG is an old man. His numbers are way down on an average team. I can't make any sense out of this.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Give me 3 reasons why Garnett is a deserving All Star

Both Noah/Monroe should be playing over him
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
Other than the fans voting, why is he on the team?

You answered your own question
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Yeah I'm with you on that. Definitely not something he deserved this season. Of course that's what you get with fans. Hell, we almost had Lin start over CP, could you imagine? Lol

Noah or Chandler clearly belong there
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Because it will be fun to see him and Melo start together.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Because it will be fun to see him and Melo start together.
This.
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
nomzkero
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nomzkero has an OK reputation so far

1.Honey
2. Nut
3. Cheerios
nomzkero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

He obviously dosnt deserve it based on his play, there are others more deserving. But hes still more popular than the others that deserve it so what can you do. I doubt he will play too many minutes
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #9
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomzkero
1.Honey
2. Nut
3. Cheerios

/thread.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's on the team exclusively because of his popularity. That's the whole point of the fan voting thing...it rarely makes sense and its almost always the same starters.

If Chandler and Noah don't get the coaches votes, THAT will be a real tragedy. If they do, I'm 100% certain KG will play about 10 minutes and give those two all the shine.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't understand why people ever complain about the starters. Some years, like Iverson when he was in Detroit, I can see. But it is what it is. Every year there's probably going to be one or two starters in both conferences that are questionable and got in on reputation. Plenty of times, though, they're All-Star caliber players that year, but should be a reserve. I've just learned not to get upset over the starters, and save the griping for after when the reserves are announced.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #12
TheStarting5ive
Decent playground baller

TheStarting5ive has an OK reputation so far

Oh God.

Shut up already. If the fanbases of the players you think are so deserving felt the same way they would be starting. The fact that he maintained this popularity so deep into his career is remarkable alone.

15th All Star Selection. Deal with it.
TheStarting5ive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #13
Magic bird
The Banner

1. KG's FG% higher than Noah and Monroe (%1% to 47% and 46%) Shooting above 50% at 26 years old is'nt easy.

- Was going to say defensive impact but Noah has had a huge impact this season and is a direct reason for the Bulls record

2. KG is playing 29 minutes a game while Noah is playing 38 and Monroe is playing 32, Per 36 minutes KG is averaging 17.8 points and 8.6 rebounds, those stats are pretty good for a 36 year old. http://www.basketball-reference.com/...garneke01.html

3. CONSISTENCY, Kevin Garnett's consistency playing in his 18th season is a miracle, not only does he still play consistent defense, he is a consistent source for Offense on the Celtics frontcourt.
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
Magic bird
The Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomzkero
1.Honey
2. Nut
3. Cheerios
first post?