Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #16
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Marquette Will Retire or Maybe Has Already Retired Dwyane Wade's Jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
So you get your number retired because of your pro career as well? Inlcluding college career? Interesting.

Tell me how many Duke players have thier numbers retired.

he helped marquette have one of there greatest seasons ever, and probally is one of their best player. A championship ring helps too.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Marquette Will Retire or Maybe Has Already Retired Dwyane Wade's Jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I heard when they hung it, they suspended it right over the free throw line.

Mathius
While I think the Wade free throw complaints are a lil over blown that was good.

By the way who started the D. Whistle thing? I laughed for about 10 minutes when I first read that one.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #18
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
http://www.nba.com/

haha you go digging for articles and neglect whats right there in front of you...

Why do you assume that www.nba.com was in front of me??? Just wondering.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #19
wild orchid
Serious playground baller

wild orchid has no real reputation yet.

Nice photos
wild orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #20
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
While I think the Wade free throw complaints are a lil over blown that was good.

By the way who started the D. Whistle thing? I laughed for about 10 minutes when I first read that one.

10 minutes? That funny?
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #21
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

I don't mind schools retiring players numbers if they have successful pro careers.

Mainly because a highly successful pro reflects well on the program he came from and IMO adds prestige of the school, especially for a player like Wade who is known for his high bball iq.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #22
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No I'm asking what warrants a number to get retired. I mentioned Duke because they have had thier share of great players. Wondered if they too got thier numbers retired ie Christian Laettner. Will Carmelo get his number retired since he had a top 10 best freshman year of all time leading the Cuse to a national title dispite only playing 1 year.

Well, basically, Marquette HASN'T had its share of good players. Thus, Wade gets it retired by default. No-brainer. He brought theschool the most attention (and $$$) it ever has in its history.

The only problem some people have with Wade's number being retired is that the school's rule is that your number can't be retired if you haven't graduated (which Wade obviously did not).

So that gives you an idea of how much Wade has done for the school for them to break that rule (and Marquette is VERY strict about its policies).
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: