Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Flacco deserves something close to max dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Big game QB? He's been awful in many playoff games. It's just that he's been good the past couple games. He's just not a guy I trust yet. Though, I guess we live in a 'what have you done for me lately' world as Carbine alluded to.

I saw your previous post about his past 5 games and I think that's a bit unfair as those games where when he was a rookie and second year player but from his third year and on he's been very good. Don't forget last year if Lee Evans didn't drop an easy TD pass or if their Kicker didn't shank a FG that we probably won't be having this discussion.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Flacco has never put up more than 25 touchdowns in a year.

Flacco has never thrown for more than 3825 yards in a year.

Under 200 yards per game in playoffs, 13 touchdowns in 11 playoff games, 80 QB rating.

And we want to put him up there with Big Ben? Eli?

He could get there....and if you buy into Flacco, then that's a different thing....but as of the day this thread was made? Flacco belongs nowhere near Eli or Roethlisberger.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #18
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Flacco has never put up more than 25 touchdowns in a year.

Flacco has never thrown for more than 3825 yards in a year.

Under 200 yards per game in playoffs, 13 touchdowns in 11 playoff games, 80 QB rating.

And we want to put him up there with Big Ben? Eli?

He could get there....and if you buy into Flacco, then that's a different thing....but as of the day this thread was made? Flacco belongs nowhere near Eli or Roethlisberger.

You mad Flacco is a better postseason QB than Peyton?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
You mad Flacco is a better postseason QB than Peyton?

Literally the only argument you could make is team record. Is that your argument?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Flacco is extremely inconsistent, every now and then he can look great (like last week) but most of the time he looks average or even just flat out bad.

And of course everyone in here making statements and how "Flacco wins games" as though he doesn't play on a team and he is the one doing all the "winning". He has had an elite defense his whole career.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #21
intrinsic
Local High School Star

intrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputationintrinsic has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
He does something my bengals can't do, which is win playoff games, so I can't rip on the dude too much.

He's not elite, but I think there are worse options to go with at QB. He has a good defense and running game, which helps, but I've been impressed with him in big spots.

Very good point. His value to the Ravens is relative to the QB's Baltimore could bring in to replace him, not Manning and Big Ben.
intrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #22
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Flacco cant carry an offense like Ben can.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #23
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Big game QB? He's been awful in many playoff games. It's just that he's been good the past couple games. He's just not a guy I trust yet. Though, I guess we live in a 'what have you done for me lately' world as Carbine alluded to.

You make it sound like he's Tony Romo epic fail after epic fail in big games. Here's the truth of the matter, he's only been in the league five seasons, all five seasons he's made the playoffs. He's taken the Ravens to a AFC title game twice in those five years. More often than not, he's winning in the playoffs (just not enough yet to make the big show). He's won at least one playoff game EVERY SEASON.

Many will argue he's just playing for one of the best managed and well run franchises in the league accompanied by a stout defense that is about as badass as it gets... but there's something about Flacco that just defines winner. He's a winning quarterback. Winner is big games, big moments, etc. Maybe he's just one lucky as hell son of a bit*h, IDK anymore. Many of you supposed NFL expert posters are raping the idea of Flacco being elite, which like I said, I agree, he's not in that true category fraternity of elite QBs, but he's better and more consistent that Eli and IMO > Big Ben. A lot of experts consider both of them (Eli and Ben) elite, but not Flacco, even though just simply observation if no one knew anything about all three of those QBs watched film of them the consensus probably points to Flacco being the victor.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #24
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Flacco = taller Sanchez with a better running game and receivers.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #25
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

He's a winner. How do you know?

Put him on a team where he's the man. Put him on a team without 4 HOF defensive players and many good supporting members. Take away a top 5 RB and best FB in the league.

He probably starts losing. Then what? He isn't a winner anymore? How do you define a winner? Someone who has a better situation?

Please elaborate on this:

Quote:
but he's better and more consistent that Eli and IMO > Big Ben

Joe Flacco has had 7 games in the regular season with a 76 QB rating or lower.

8 games last year with a 78 rating or lower.....so 15 total over two years.

Eli has 11 games the past two years with 78 rating or lower. Big ben has 5 or 6 in two years (he was injured for 3 games)

Anyone who watches the Ravens week in and week out knows there is good Flacco, and bad Flacco. He's inconsistent.

So there goes your "more consistent" argument. And how is Flacco better? Based on what? Stats? Those other two trump him. Playoff success? Eli is probably the best playoff QB of his era, Big Ben is up there as well.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #26
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
It doesn't work like that. Until the Ravens lock up the 1st or 2nd seed year after years. It's going to be real difficult winning all these road games.
I thought getting a bye worked against those top teams most of the time. So I looked it up, and it seems that way.

Five of the last seven Super Bowl winners were Wild Card teams. 2 of those 5 were 6th seed teams.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #27
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
I thought getting a bye worked against those top teams most of the time. So I looked it up, and it seems that way.

Five of the last seven Super Bowl winners were Wild Card teams. 2 of those 5 were 6th seed teams.

I'd take my chances with getting a bye, than going through Manning AND Brady on the road for the next few years.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 AM   #28
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Flacco has alot of value and I'm almost certain they can get a top 10 pick for him and end up signing a QB like Alex Smith which would be a great way to revamp that team actually.

Wait, so you're suggesting a replacement of Alex Smith for Flacco would improve the Baltimore Ravens? Alex Smith will never live up to his # 1 selection (previous) expectations; and I think we've already witnessed Smith's ceiling, whereas we still haven't seen the best from Flacco, and Flacco is already a better QB (IMO).

Do you really think that change would improve that franchise? Baltimore has been one of the most consistent tournament-returning teams. Flacco has yet to miss the playoffs his entire career - two AFC Championship games! Yes, I'll be the first to admit their defense deserves the bulk of the credit, but their offense is slowly bridging the gap with the defense getting older combined with arguably a Top 3 back in the league and maybe not an elite QB, but one who just wins (excellent game manager who's capable of making the big play late in the game if needed).

I think Flacco is the perfect fit for the Ravens.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #29
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
He's a winner. How do you know?Please elaborate on this:

What do you mean how do I know? Look at the success of the Ravens since he's been under center. Like I keep admitting, give the defense the majority of the credit, and their true offensive powerhouse is Ray Rice, but you don't just win that many post season games, make two AFC title games in less than five years, etc without being a damn good football player, who finds ways to "win" - that's how we know.

Would Flacco be less successful on another team? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe he'd be better (I'm not saying probable, just possible; he plays for the Ravens, and not another team so there's no point in even trying to discuss that. Let's just judge him for what he's done in Baltimore).

You keep talking about stats... like total TD, total yards, QBR, but any head coach, GM or owner doesn't really care about all that bullshit if you're winning games. Winning is what matters, but nerds like you swear by stats and seemingly ignore the bottom line, which is wins... not "OMG, Flacco will never have a 5k yard season; he'll never throw 35 TDs, he's just not any good!"

You talked about Flacco being the "good" and "bad" version... and yeah well, you can sure as hell make that argument for the inconsistent Eli Manning, and to a lesser extent, Big Ben. Let's not pretend Flacco is the only enigmatic QB out there.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #30
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I saw your previous post about his past 5 games and I think that's a bit unfair as those games where when he was a rookie and second year player but from his third year and on he's been very good. Don't forget last year if Lee Evans didn't drop an easy TD pass or if their Kicker didn't shank a FG that we probably won't be having this discussion.

In his 3rd year, he looked good against the Chiefs, but stunk against the Steelers, but the Steelers did have 1 of the best defenses. Last year, he played well enough against the Texans and Pats, but lost to the Pats who had a really bad defense. And then this year, he did enough to beat the Colts, but they had a crappy defense. And then, I don't know what happened to the Bronco's defense in that game. I guess I can't really take too much away from him since he did make those throws, but some of them shouldn't have happened.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: