Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
TheOakman
I hit open layups

Default Settle Down Curry

I appreciate the strides that Curry has made this year, but him coming out and saying he wont be a Knick if Isiah is not the coach is the most idiotic thing I have ever hear. Curry is not good enough to be demanding things like this.
TheOakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #2
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Default Re: Settle Down Curry

He is the cornerstone of the franchise, and he is backing up his coach, the only guy who believed in him. He has the right to make the statement.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
cangoods
I brick open layups

Man ..
I listened to mike and the mad dog about this issue.
The notion that you have to be a hall of fame player to say that you want to play for a particular coach is BS. Pure BS. Eddy Cuurry is entitled to say whatever he wants. If he wants to play for isaih .. fine. If he doesnt want to be part of a franchise w/ no stability and changes coach when he starts to feel comfortable fine.

Thats his opinion .. of course it wont carry as much weight as he WAS a hall of fameplayer. But if Balkman or Collins wanted to say that they could.

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Whether or not he has earned the right to make this statement is moot. I want him to be assertive on the court and that way he can be sure his coach/gm can stay. The players on the team do bow to him. But personally when I heard the comments I was like "GO AHEAD EDDY!!!!!!"
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
jt24
I brick open layups

couldnt agree more i have no problem if he said i like playing for him, but the idea that he demands a trade is absurd he is a nobody hes had one good year and has never been on a winning team stfu and play. you know something eddy dont let the door hit you on the way out.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Let him talk........

Let him lead....

He wants to be the man, at least he's trying to show it and do it.

It's a step in the right direction, leadership, unity and team play.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #7
TheOakman
I hit open layups

Its fine if he came out and said that he likes playing for Isaih thats fine, but this notion by saying that if Isaih is not I am going to quit on the team and want out is ridiculous.

That's not leadership. Leadership would be if he said regardless of who is the coach next year he is going to hit the gym during the summer and lose the extra 25 pounds, work on his defense and footwork and try to keep improving his game. That should motivate his teammates, not saying he is going to quit on his teamates if the coach is gone.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:55 PM   #8
MustangDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
He is the cornerstone of the franchise, and he is backing up his coach, the only guy who believed in him. He has the right to make the statement.

Here is a one-dimensional player who has played in one winning season in his whole NBA career. He has led his underachieving team to a horrible two-year record and which has become the laughing stock of the NBA. He has never been in shape since coming to New York. How dare he demand such a thing from his boss, who is trying to turn his team around?
MustangDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 12:25 AM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDoug
Here is a one-dimensional player who has played in one winning season in his whole NBA career. He has led his underachieving team to a horrible two-year record and which has become the laughing stock of the NBA. He has never been in shape since coming to New York. How dare he demand such a thing from his boss, who is trying to turn his team around?

Some of this can be worded better. let me do it for you.

1)He is a one-dimensional player who was not the main guy on his team until this year.(Remeber Crawford was in Chi leading the team in scoring.)

2) The Knicks are not a laughstock compared to the C's.

3) Curry has shed some pounds and his TEAMMATES have helped him get into shape this year. Very bad argument there.

4) Which boss are you referring to? The one with the checkbook that sits right behind the bench.

Curry is now the focal point of the offense. He can say what he wants. It won't translate into anything no way. just his way of trying to be a leader. I'm kinda glad he said it. Show he got a mean streak. Now take it to the court
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:39 AM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

the thread title reminded me of this

http://www.grandvideos.com/file/216-...astle-snl.html
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:28 AM   #11
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Funny thing is...if he doesnt rebound or play dfense b4 da year ends he might get both of them fired.
He can say what he wants and thats his preference but at the end of the day..his job and Zeke's are in his hands.
Now we know that he has a mean streak in the media...lets hope he uses it on the court.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #12
TheOakman
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Some of this can be worded better. let me do it for you.

2) The Knicks are not a laughstock compared to the C's.

The Knicks are a laughing stock because of their payroll and the circus that has surrounds them the last year and a half. The Celtics are a terrible team, granted but the Knicks are a bigger joke, this is coming from a Knicks fan.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #13
LouV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

He was asked a question, he answered it.

It wasn't like he held a press conference to announce this.

He was asked a question, he answered it.

The media runs with it and makes it headlines. It's their attempt to sell newspapers.

Was like the Marbury quote last year, when he said he felt he was the best point guard in the game. He was crucified for that. WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT HIM TO SAY, "OH JOLLY GEE WIZ I HOPE THAT JASON KIDD DOESN'T EMBARASS ME ON THE COURT HE'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME."?

Marbury was being real. He'd better think he's the best point guard in the game when he takes the court.

He was honest and they crucified him for it.

Today Mike "Old Man" Lupica got on his high horse and ripped James Dolan for smiling.

NY Daily News should be appologizing to the people of NY for all those fuzzy color pictures they've been inflicting on us the last 10 years. They used to call themselves "NY's Picture Newspaper". Then they got hosed with some Rockwell color printers that don't work; they paid in the millions. They've probably cost millions of NY'ers their eyesight.

Have no idea how they're still in business. With NY Post cleaning their clock on a daily basis, and AMNY and NY Metro, how the heck could Lupica and the News be in business? That's what Lupica should be telling us, instead of heaping more crap on James Dolan.

Never liked Dolan, but when he stood up for the players and fired Larry Brown's ass, the guy gained my respect. Brown humiliated Ariza in the newspapers (Daily News), and Dolan took note. Told him that doesn't go on around here. Brown that creep kept doing it. Brown got his contrary ass kicked out of NY for good.

Bravo James Dolan.

Lupica is a Larry Brown stooge. He went to town on Isiah last month; painted him a clown; anyone remember?

Lupica is like a corrupt politician, using the power of the poison pen.
LouV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #14
joshk
i clog mad toilets

Zeke has helped Curry so much, I think its natural for him to want him to coach him. Zeke is a good coach when it comes to drwing up quick plays, but not when it comes to trades or lineups. If Zeke left and THEN Curry left, thats a freakin double whammy.
joshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:38 PM   #15
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

I really don't care what Curry says. I wouldn't mind him leaving. If Zeke has to go for this to happen then by all means the door opens when you twist the knob big guy. I want a defensive player at the center positon. Not someone that can't play the D and can't make a smart pass while being double teamed thus taking him out of the game because he's "frustrated". Yeah, BOTH of you can take the first flight out of JFK for all I care.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: