Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 12:37 AM   #31
sixerfan82
College star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: south jersey
Posts: 3,942
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Don't get me wrong I agree with a lot of the above

Understood, I need clarification on this
Quote:
Also what if responsible law-abiding citizens don't feel like they should jump through these hoops because of the irresponsible gun owners.
?
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #32
longhornfan1234
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,015
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

“Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them,”

“A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these things, I know because I come from this world."

“All these polls that you see saying the public is for us on all these issues — they are meaningless if they’re not voting issues,”

“Do not be self-congratulatory about how brave you for being for this” gun control push, he said. “The only brave people are the people who are going to lose their jobs if they vote with you.”

William Clinton has a message for his party. He's speaks the truth.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #33
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,699
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

based on these recent threads, it looks like the one thing that REALLY bothers you wingnuts is when someone out-of-country challenges your right to bear the arms you want to. i mean, for god's sake... how dare they??


in the end, this is all looks remarkably like thinly-disguised racism and bigotry when someone tests you too much on your own flaccid argument. i mean, it would be one thing if one of these gun-worshippers in the videos actually had a valid, rational point to make that led to the logical improvement of society and modern life. but NO... again it's more like:


- piers morgan (or foreign asshole of the moment) sketches out the viable end-situation of a community of children being empowered to carry around assault rifles in the near-future.


- billy-bob murikan responds with the usual "hain't never seen that happen 'round here!" line... unless of course it actually just happened (read the news), in which case he'll add "man, that stuff was kee-razy!, but you know that was really all some random dude's doing. cuz you can't pin crazy on jest one man, mister city slicker lawyer-man!"



result? piers morgan was "owned" by someone who would, in most other countries, be laboring in ditches and angrily mumbling under their breath all day long.


and the final clue? the fact that the anti-morgan, pro-gun thread just before this one got plenty of replies challenging your views, so you wingnuts performed the usual time-honored fire drill... i.e., you scattered like ants, waited a little while, and now try to reassemble a new anthill and a new thread as if nothing ever happened.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #34
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,374
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
based on these recent threads, it looks like the one thing that REALLY bothers you wingnuts is when someone out-of-country challenges your right to bear the arms you want to. i mean, for god's sake... how dare they??


in the end, this is all looks remarkably like thinly-disguised racism and bigotry when someone tests you too much on your own flaccid argument. i mean, it would be one thing if one of these gun-worshippers in the videos actually had a valid, rational point to make that led to the logical improvement of society and modern life. but NO... again it's more like:


- piers morgan (or foreign asshole of the moment) sketches out the viable end-situation of a community of children being empowered to carry around assault rifles in the near-future.


- billy-bob murikan responds with the usual "hain't never seen that happen 'round here!" line... unless of course it actually just happened (read the news), in which case he'll add "man, that stuff was kee-razy!, but you know that was really all some random dude's doing. cuz you can't pin crazy on jest one man, mister city slicker lawyer-man!"



result? piers morgan was "owned" by someone who would, in most other countries, be laboring in ditches and angrily mumbling under their breath all day long.


and the final clue? the fact that the anti-morgan, pro-gun thread just before this one got plenty of replies challenging your views, so you wingnuts performed the usual time-honored fire drill... i.e., you scattered like ants, waited a little while, and now try to reassemble a new anthill and a new thread as if nothing ever happened.


Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:23 AM   #35
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,593
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan82
Understood, I need clarification on this ?

I'm just presenting how the other side would feel. Hopefully any regulation would get people to do the testing without them feel like they've been targeted or criminalize. For example in Canada we've recently seen a long gun registry dismantled after a decade and a half mainly because of how poorly it was ran as a start up program. So, I'm just pointing out that any change even minimal ones will be a challenge to exercise.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #36
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,699
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
http://www.troll.me/images/jackie-chan-whut/wtf-are-you-even-talking-about.jpg
i was saying that guns are awesome and that everyone should carry a gun, including babies, dogs, cats, and hungry goats.


and we must never, NEVER stop until the world itself is turned in to a giant gun. anything less would be a travesty and a horrific insult against the almighty.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #37
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i was saying that guns are awesome and that everyone should carry a gun, including babies, dogs, cats, and hungry goats.


and we must never, NEVER stop until the world itself is turned in to a giant gun. anything less would be a travesty and a horrific insult against the almighty.

You on your self-imaginary high-horse thinking/believing it's a RL reality; or at least maybe online "where other posters think I'm smart!!!
... LMAO ... and completely obviously you're a likely inebriated when you just post away with nothing to actually illustrate your point, just something in laymens terms of "haha, see, I am being sarcastic because I'm genius! I am world the bestesiz!"

I suppose when you're a daily poster you're a bit more convincing, but when you're obviously impaired (which to some degree, I do believe you have a family history of mental depression; I hate to brag but I'm pretty good at reading people, etc). When you post like you have been this evening (technically, early morning) clearly you're purposely trying to be cool, fresh, witty, etc. - but even more clearly you're acting like a monkey.

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 AM   #38
Budadiiii
Live Strong.
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,937
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
You on your self-imaginary high-horse thinking/believing it's a RL reality; or at least maybe online "where other posters think I'm smart!!!
... LMAO ... and completely obviously you're a likely inebriated when you just post away with nothing to actually illustrate your point, just something in laymens terms of "haha, see, I am being sarcastic because I'm genius! I am world the bestesiz!"

I suppose when you're a daily poster you're a bit more convincing, but when you're obviously impaired (which to some degree, I do believe you have a family history of mental depression; I hate to brag but I'm pretty good at reading people, etc). When you post like you have been this evening (technically, early morning) clearly you're purposely trying to be cool, fresh, witty, etc. - but even more clearly you're acting like a monkey.

Stop trying so hard man, its embarrassing
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #39
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,699
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

relax, josh. there's plenty of bananas to go around.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:14 AM   #40
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
Stop trying so hard man, its embarrassing

Oh wait, I didn't realize using a keyboard and shit IDK, typing somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-100 WPM it'd take me, oh IDK, a quick minute or two. Oh but wait, you play the "you try too hard" card. Anyone with the slightest message board etiquette or intelligence, knows a statement such as "you try too hard" translates into a surefire InsideHoops dumb as shit dildo iprobably fits all different stereotypes I can think of, or whatever.

No one's trying too hard though. I mean hell, I know you'd love to believe that, but what you say isn't the slightest in the ballpark of anything that remotely resembles reality. You're like the Easter Bunny lost trying to mate with polar bears in Greenland. You should have picked Blanka in Street Fighter II. He's so much higher tier. Look guys, taking so much brain power to write complete bullshit!

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 AM   #41
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
relax, josh. there's plenty of bananas to go around.

LOL, at least you can be funny and respond appropriately (as I secretly masonic secret society level secret shit I wanted you to respond like you did). The other posters just try and take a dump in their hand and fling it at the computer screen picturing it going through the monitor and smacking me in the face; but instead they just realize how babyish they are, go ape shit like that German kid who wants to murder his keyboard. Yeah you mutha fukkaz remember that shit; that's exactly how this bit*h fool is actin' right now.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 AM   #42
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 21,519
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Piers Morgan is a moron. He's been getting owned over gun control debates, badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=B8C49yv3uyM

Here's a video that takes a closer look at the false stats he's been spewing lately.



These statistics certainly "own" Morgan's theory that more guns = more crime. It's too bad none of the extremists he invites on his show are intelligent enough to relay these statistics. Although I'm sure Morgan picks them as guests for just that reason.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 AM   #43
Budadiiii
Live Strong.
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,937
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Oh wait, I didn't realize using a keyboard and shit IDK, typing somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-100 WPM it'd take me, oh IDK, a quick minute or two. Oh but wait, you play the "you try too hard" card. Anyone with the slightest message board etiquette or intelligence, knows a statement such as "you try too hard" translates into a surefire InsideHoops dumb as shit dildo iprobably fits all different stereotypes I can think of, or whatever.

No one's trying too hard though. I mean hell, I know you'd love to believe that, but what you say isn't the slightest in the ballpark of anything that remotely resembles reality. You're like the Easter Bunny lost trying to mate with polar bears in Greenland. You should have picked Blanka in Street Fighter II. He's so much higher tier. Look guys, taking so much brain power to write complete bullshit!

You off your meds man?
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 AM   #44
Legend of Josh
Banned
 
Legend of Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alch|e|mist
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
You off your meds man?

A quite obvious generic "OMG, better say something, don't know what to say, but yeah, I'll say he's TRYING TOO HARD, or no! no!, I got it! Drop the YOU OFF YOUR MEDS? BOMBS!

*self high fives himself*

Yeah, this is pretty much the RL mentality of the quoted poster. Shouldn't even be taken as a joke. It's rather tragic seriously; the subject may honestly be mentally challenged, because often we see challenged individuals who comprehend that they are, attempt to insult others to offset their inferiority complex.

LOL, all joking and bullshit aside - that guy is at a base level an acutely certified dumbass DUMBASS.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #45
Budadiiii
Live Strong.
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,937
Default Re: Piers Morgan TRULY gets own in this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
A quite obvious generic "OMG, better say something, don't know what to say, but yeah, I'll say he's TRYING TOO HARD, or no! no!, I got it! Drop the YOU OFF YOUR MEDS? BOMBS!

*self high fives himself*

Yeah, this is pretty much the RL mentality of the quoted poster. Shouldn't even be taken as a joke. It's rather tragic seriously; the subject may honestly be mentally challenged, because often we see challenged individuals who comprehend that they are, attempt to insult others to offset their inferiority complex.

LOL, all joking and bullshit aside - that guy is at a base level an acutely certified dumbass DUMBASS.



You autistic man? [I'm not making fun of you btw]


You look deformed in some sort of way[again, not making fun]



Have a good day man and I'll pray for you brotha.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy