Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool
Default guy from craigslist is asking for some money back, advice?

I sold my used 07/08 Black Macbook on craigslist for $250 to some guy. He asked a lot of questions and I tried to answer them as best I could, everything appeared to be in good working order to me. So we meet up, he pays me and gets the macbook. I even through in a soft case for it.

Anyway, he emails me today saying that the superdrive does not work at all and he is asking for $50 back so he can buy a replacement drive on eBay. I had imported a music CD into iTunes a few weeks prior so I was under the impression the drive was working.

Should I help this guy out or not? I feel that $250, even for a used macbook is a good price, even if everything is not working at 100%.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: guy from craigslist is asking for some money back, advice?

i probably wouldnt.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Just ignore him
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Dwade305 has not been impressing people

$250 is a good price. Dont even go into the "how do I know is bad" thing, cause you would be shining hope that you will be giving him the $50 back.

He should have checked it out reagrdless wherever you guys met up at.....#1 rule.
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You better give me my f*cking money back!
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Was the hard drive previously broken and/or did you mention that it was broken?

If you told him about it then no, if you gave him a broken hard drive without notifying him about it then yes although you can probably just ignore him(that's if you didn't give him your address or personal info)

If you are going to refund him just check how much hard drives are going for on ebay or meet him halfway with the price.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

250 is a good price. why would he want $50? if you sold him something faulty he should be asking for a full refund. Tell this joker to get lost.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tell him, "this isn't eBay, muthafukka!"
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #9
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I understand where the guy was coming from but I also understand that it was a good deal in the first place and you didn't mean to scam him. Tell him that you were not aware that the drive was broken and you'd take it back and give him his money. He probably will turn you down because he knows he got a good deal with or without the drive. If he does want a full refund, you could always re-sell it to somebody else for $250, so I wouldn't just give him $50.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
BuffaloBill
Half Man

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tell him to suck your dick. Make him work for that $50.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #11
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputation

all craigslist sales are "as is". tell him "no" and how he would have the balls to ask for some money back through a craigslist transaction thinking you were dumb enough to even consider.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I understand where the guy was coming from but I also understand that it was a good deal in the first place and you didn't mean to scam him. Tell him that you were not aware that the drive was broken and you'd take it back and give him his money. He probably will turn you down because he knows he got a good deal with or without the drive. If he does want a full refund, you could always re-sell it to somebody else for $250, so I wouldn't just give him $50.

do not listen to this idiotic advice.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
do not listen to this idiotic advice.

Hey, I'm just trying to see it from the buyer's perspective too. I'd be bummed if I spent $250 on something that turned out to be faulty, even if it is still an overall good deal.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #14
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Hey, I'm just trying to see it from the buyer's perspective too. I'd be bummed if I spent $250 on something that turned out to be faulty, even if it is still an overall good deal.

This. However, if OP did inform on broken hard drive it's a fair & done deal. If he didn't then the buyer has every right to complain.

It's like saying what if you buy a refurbished phone from Apple and realize that the screen is completely shattered..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #15
Jameerthefear
Feelin' Dandy

Jameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJameerthefear is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
DO this. He most likely will shut up and take the good deal he got.
Jameerthefear is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: