Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #16
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: guy from craigslist is asking for some money back, advice?

lol at anyone buying a laptop from 2008
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
lol at anyone buying a laptop from 2008
Seriously, even my mom's 2010 Macbook and my brother's 2011 Acer are dinosaurs.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #18
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My laptop is from 06
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
This. However, if OP did inform on broken hard drive it's a fair & done deal. If he didn't then the buyer has every right to complain.

It's like saying what if you buy a refurbished phone from Apple and realize that the screen is completely shattered..

the stupid comes out. your comparing a craigslist transaction to buying a product from apple.

yes knicksballer, every private seller should have a warranty and a return policy.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #20
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Hey, I'm just trying to see it from the buyer's perspective too. I'd be bummed if I spent $250 on something that turned out to be faulty, even if it is still an overall good deal.

this thread is about the sellers perspective. and he should absolutely not last case scenario give him a full refund for an item that the buyer has already used.

even from a buyers perspective, if a seller told me that i was buying a working pc, i get it home turn it on the the harddrive is broken, then it is "MY FAULT" for not testing the product before exchanging money, therefore i eat the lost. Thats the terms and conditions of private transactions through websites like craigslist. BUYER BEWARE.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #21
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anything you sell or purchase on Craigslist is As-Is...it all comes down to Buyer Beware. I sold a BBerry Bold when they first came out on CL, dude tried it out in front of me with his sim card and it worked perfectly. Texts me two weeks later saying it doesn't read his sim...hell no he doesn't get shit back for it. For all you know, he messed it up himself and wants to get it replaced for free.

But if you do want to be nice, do what myth said as I'm sure you can resell it for $250 relatively easily, or even $300 if the drive indeed does need to be replaced to make up the money you had to pay for the replacement.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
even from a buyers perspective, if a seller told me that i was buying a working pc, i get it home turn it on the the harddrive is broken, then it is "MY FAULT" for not testing the product before exchanging money, therefore i eat the lost. Thats the terms and conditions of private transactions through websites like craigslist. BUYER BEWARE.

"Why yes, I have a few hours to sit down with you and check every single aspect of the computer to make sure every thing works as you said. I'm sure you also would like to waste your day to make the sale."
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
nathanjizzle
OG

Quote:
"Why yes, I have a few hours to sit down with you and check every single aspect of the computer to make sure every thing works as you said. I'm sure you also would like to waste your day to make the sale."

it takes 30 seconds to turn on a laptop.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #24
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
it takes 30 seconds to turn on a laptop.

Right, and it takes longer to make sure every aspect of the laptop is working
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #25
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Right, and it takes longer to make sure every aspect of the laptop is working

Sure, it would take a minute to check every aspect.

But just to make sure the hard drive is running sufficiently shouldn't take more than two minutes. Make sure the computer runs, try putting in a cd/dvd and run an anti-virus scan (SpyBot is free and quick!).

I get both points of view, but anytime you buy on Craigslist is liking purchasing an item at a garage sale. Buyer Beware.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #26
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I get both points of view, but anytime you buy on Craigslist is liking purchasing an item at a garage sale. Buyer Beware.

I've done a yard sale and if somebody came back with something pretty quickly and said something wasn't working as they expected, I gave them their money back for the item.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #27
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pay him dude, you want him and his boys running up on you
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #28
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
I've done a yard sale and if somebody came back with something pretty quickly and said something wasn't working as they expected, I gave them their money back for the item.

Then your a hell of a person.

I'm fully for the buyer beware and I have been on both sides. I mean, how do you know they didn't remove something and replaced it with a broken one and claim the one they purchased from you was broken? Losses would pile on.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #29
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
(1)Then your a hell of a person.

I'm fully for the buyer beware and I have been on both sides. (2)I mean, how do you know they didn't remove something and replaced it with a broken one and claim the one they purchased from you was broken? Losses would pile on.

1. Maybe. In the times that has happened, there was honestly something wrong with it that I wasn't aware of, or it was something minor enough I was able to still sell it to somebody else (even with giving the new buyers the warnings, as the OP could with this product).

2. I'd rather be the good guy in life and get screwed over (without knowing it) on the very rare occasion that somebody actually goes through those efforts than be somebody that gets skeptical about everybody because of the very random dick.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #30
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool

thanks for the advice, I'm gonna see what I can do. I might offer the refund and see if that makes him back off, I don't want to have to resell it though. And it's the optical drive that is not working, not the hard drive
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: