Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
SourPatchKids
Banned

Default Have you ever bullied some else and regretted it?

Sometimes at the end of the day I'm lying in my bed flipping through my ipod trying to channel my thoughts to release built up frustration. Inevitably, I start cursing about how most people are f*cking assholes to you when your just trying to be nice. I talked to my school counselor about it and he asked me about a time when I was particularly mean to someone else, and what made me do it. I like to think of myself as a pretty likeable person. I get along with the smart crowd, the student government kids, the athletes, and the performance arts kids. Back to my counselor's question, I had in fact bullied someone back in 4th-5th grade. How did I justify it? I told myself that:

a. everyone else was mean to him
b. he went out of his way to irritate people( later on I realized he just wanted to make some friends, not annoy them)
c. he didn't seem to care no matter how much we abused him

Later on in middle school he transferred somewhere else in 7th grade but came to our school in 8th grade. He was a lot more soft-spoken then and only hanged out with his two friends. I felt terrible as I thought he must have cried himself to sleep a lot back then. One of my worst regrets is never directly apologizing to him directly. The only reason I think the kid didn't commit suicide was because of his best friend, we'll call him Paul. Paul was an extremely friendly, kind of chubby kid that I went to elementary and middle school with. Paul liked basketball and played AAU one year with me( he didn't make the school team) but wasn't particularly good at it, but he always had a positive attitude. He was the only one that never picked on the other kid and would invite him to play ball at recess, etc.

Now I go to a private school but I still live in the same area as Paul and the bullied kid. Today after practice I was incredibly dehydrated so I told my mom to drop me off at Walgreens instead of home so I could quench my thirst. After buying a liter bottle of ice cold spring water I walked outside and saw them with a third friend, omar, outside on their scooters and having a good time. There was another group of teenagers hanging outside, a different sort of crowd if you catch my drift, snapbacks, fixed gear bikes, and pants like Tyga's. I could tell they were going to give Paul and the other 2 a hard time so I walked over. The group of bikers consisted of 6 people and I knew 2 of them, they were both actually who I would consider pretty close childhood friends. I stared down all 6 of them with a sort of Jackie Chan calm intensity. Here's a tip when you deal with these type of folks, stand your ground and never lose eye contact. A Mexican looking dude with a beanie hiding his mohawk said, "WASSUP!" in an overly aggresive voice while his pals snickered. My throat was still parched as I haven't opened the bottle of water yet, so I just kept making intense eye contact. I looked at my 2 old friends and one of them even had a sort of apolegetic look in his eyes. I was seriously ready to fight right there. Right then I felt like I could take one a whole army, let alone 6 kids. But to be honest I probably would have been flattened by the sheer amount of punchs and kicks 6 people can throw. However the mexican guy who seemed to be a leader, muttered something and I could only make out "**** outta here" and the group rode off. I turned to Paul and his 2 friends and said Hello and then made the short walk back home.

As I sit here typing I regret not picking up a tube of lotion back at the Walgreens. My elbows are really really dry.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Pacers4ever
Banned

Default Re: Have you ever bullied some else and regretted it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Sometimes at the end of the day I'm lying in my bed flipping through my ipod trying to channel my thoughts to release built up frustration. Inevitably, I start cursing about how most people are f*cking assholes to you when your just trying to be nice. I talked to my school counselor about it and he asked me about a time when I was particularly mean to someone else, and what made me do it. I like to think of myself as a pretty likeable person. I get along with the smart crowd, the student government kids, the athletes, and the performance arts kids. Back to my counselor's question, I had in fact bullied someone back in 4th-5th grade. How did I justify it? I told myself that:

a. everyone else was mean to him
b. he went out of his way to irritate people( later on I realized he just wanted to make some friends, not annoy them)
c. he didn't seem to care no matter how much we abused him

Later on in middle school he transferred somewhere else in 7th grade but came to our school in 8th grade. He was a lot more soft-spoken then and only hanged out with his two friends. I felt terrible as I thought he must have cried himself to sleep a lot back then. One of my worst regrets is never directly apologizing to him directly. The only reason I think the kid didn't commit suicide was because of his best friend, we'll call him Paul. Paul was an extremely friendly, kind of chubby kid that I went to elementary and middle school with. Paul liked basketball and played AAU one year with me( he didn't make the school team) but wasn't particularly good at it, but he always had a positive attitude. He was the only one that never picked on the other kid and would invite him to play ball at recess, etc.

Now I go to a private school but I still live in the same area as Paul and the bullied kid. Today after practice I was incredibly dehydrated so I told my mom to drop me off at Walgreens instead of home so I could quench my thirst. After buying a liter bottle of ice cold spring water I walked outside and saw them with a third friend, omar, outside on their scooters and having a good time. There was another group of teenagers hanging outside, a different sort of crowd if you catch my drift, snapbacks, fixed gear bikes, and pants like Tyga's. I could tell they were going to give Paul and the other 2 a hard time so I walked over. The group of bikers consisted of 6 people and I knew 2 of them, they were both actually who I would consider pretty close childhood friends. I stared down all 6 of them with a sort of Jackie Chan calm intensity. Here's a tip when you deal with these type of folks, stand your ground and never lose eye contact. A Mexican looking dude with a beanie hiding his mohawk said, "WASSUP!" in an overly aggresive voice while his pals snickered. My throat was still parched as I haven't opened the bottle of water yet, so I just kept making intense eye contact. I looked at my 2 old friends and one of them even had a sort of apolegetic look in his eyes. I was seriously ready to fight right there. Right then I felt like I could take one a whole army, let alone 6 kids. But to be honest I probably would have been flattened by the sheer amount of punchs and kicks 6 people can throw. However the mexican guy who seemed to be a leader, muttered something and I could only make out "**** outta here" and the group rode off. I turned to Paul and his 2 friends and said Hello and then made the short walk back home.

As I sit here typing I regret not picking up a tube of lotion back at the Walgreens. My elbows are really really dry.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Wow, not reading that long post.

Closest thing I can remember is this annoying Mormon girl in college who would pop into a room with me and a bunch of friends and would try to preach Mormonism. I would tell her that Mormons are f*ckers (and justified it by pointing out that is how they have so many kids) until she would leave. As I matured, I felt bad about that and realized I could have handled it a better way. I later apologized to her (she also became much less annoying and pushy about her religion and we eventually became friends................ and she eventually wanted to f*ck me. Irony at its greatest).
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
red1
Dinosaurs

tldr
red1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Yup, In high school there was this kid that tried to hang out with my friends and I. He'd sit at our lunch table, hangout out in our circle between classes. I bullied him pretty hard. After a few years of being out of HS, I found him on myspace and wrote him a letter of apology. I assume on his end it went down the same way it did on Billy Maddison.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
Pacers4ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Wow, not reading that long post.

Closest thing I can remember is this annoying Mormon girl in college who would pop into a room with me and a bunch of friends and would try to preach Mormonism. I would tell her that Mormons are f*ckers (and justified it by pointing out that is how they have so many kids) until she would leave. As I matured, I felt bad about that and realized I could have handled it a better way. I later apologized to her (she also became much less annoying and pushy about her religion and we eventually became friends................ and she eventually wanted to f*ck me. Irony at its greatest).
This part alone makes this SPK littly gay drama novel look like shit. So fid you **** her?
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #7
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacers4ever
This part alone makes this SPK littly gay drama novel look like shit. So fid you **** her?

Nah, I was in a relationship, so my friend f*cked her instead.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

I've only shown aggression to the aggressive (serious)
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Yeah tryin to act cool in 7th grade and it backfiired, lol.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #10
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Yeah tryin to act cool in 7th grade and it backfiired, lol.

The little guy is you, isn't it?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
kNicKz
College superstar

I never really bullied anyone but I do regret not being nicer to some people in school
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Have you ever bullied some else and regretted it?
interesting glimpse in to your life and all. and well-written. thanks for that.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Im pretty I had one kid convinced his real name was f.aggot
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #14
macmac
Gov'n

I've always bullied ppl, but usually ill just crack jokes just for the sake of cracking jokes and i would be indiscriminate about it, teachers, nerds, jocks, potheads, they could all get it...

And I used to brawl a lot too I was a rowdy kid, so again yeah I physically bullied a couple of kids, but I also scrapped with older kids and bigger kids, and took a couple beatings and gave a bunch of them...

When I was runnin with some true deliquents, I remember we once jumped a complete random dude on the street and that I do feel bad about and regret....the rest is just your avrg high school shiit, kids are way too sensitive these days
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #15
Rissa
Banned

Yes, this new girl in sophomore year I think that transferred to my school came in and thought she was the coolest girl around thinking she owns the school on her first year so we put her in her place, caught her crying in the girls bathroom in her second week.

We ended up friends and I realized quickly she probably had low self esteem anyway she is the greatest gal around nowadays.
Rissa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: