Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,788
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I've already dismantled this illogical argument a half dozen times. You are trying to conflate the intended use of a vehicle and the reason firearms were first invented.

Murder = improper and irresponsible use of a firearm.

Speeding = improper and irresponsible use of a vehicle.

Guns are designed to fire a projectile, not murder people. Cars are designed to drive, not speed. Whether or not the gun/car causes injury or death is up to the person driving or pulling the trigger.

It's hilarious how smug you act, as though you've got it all figured out. Come back with a logically sound argument son.
Why are the projectiles (bullets) fired?
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Why are the projectiles (bullets) fired?

How should I know? There are tens of millions of gun owners who use their firearms for a myriad of purposes. What the projectile is aimed at is entirely up to the person pulling the trigger.

If I had to wager a guess, I would say they are being fired for hunting, target shooting or in self defense, as these things comprise 99.999999999% of firearm use in the United States.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 7,123
blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Why do you need a car like this? How does this help you drive to work any better than a Camry? You can't drive faster than the speed limit anyway, all that extra horsepower is simply making this vehicle far more likely to cause an accident. Over 100 people die every day in car wrecks. Something must be done about these high powered vehicles.

We should ban Corvettes, and also make all cars top out at 70 mph.
track days, auto-x
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #19
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
track days, auto-x

Corvette owners should be forced to store their cars at the track in a locked garage. There is no reason for these death machines to be roaming the streets.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi
 
Kungfro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 4,709
Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Jesus christ bmulls, there's been tons of threads about gun control, you don't need to derail a thread about a car in order to talk about it.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #21
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,788
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
How should I know? There are tens of millions of gun owners who use their firearms for a myriad of purposes. What the projectile is aimed at is entirely up to the person pulling the trigger.

If I had to wager a guess, I would say they are being fired for hunting, target shooting or in self defense, as these things comprise 99.999999999% of firearm use in the United States.
Were talking about a guns intended purpose as opposed to a car. A guns original intended purpose is to kill. A cars intended purpose is transportation. All things can be used as a weapon in some way shape or form. Guns are the most efficient on a person to person level. And have no other purpose. Target practice is done in an effort to be more accurate when killing.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #22
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 7,123
blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

also how is the corvette a death machine but the camry isn't
there are roughly 100 times more camrys than corvettes on the streets, vettes are rarely used as daily drivers or in bad weather
its far more likely that a camry is in involved in an accident than any high performance super car
every car is a death machine if used improperly, we need better and more attentive drivers not worse cars
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Were talking about a guns intended purpose as opposed to a car. A guns original intended purpose is to kill. A cars intended purpose is transportation. All things can be used as a weapon in some way shape or form. Guns are the most efficient on a person to person level. And have no other purpose. Target practice is done in an effort to be more accurate when killing.

You are now trying to conflate killing (ie hunting) and murder. Enough with the logical fallacies. I'm getting sick of pointing them out.

And target shooting is a Olympic sport, with thousands and thousands of participants and competitions year round. If you want to have a discussion, please leave your ignorance at the door.

Oh wait, you're the guy who said a pistol grip makes a gun more deadly. I don't even know why I'm responding to you.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #24
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
also how is the AR15 a death machine but the handgun isn't
there are roughly 100 times more handguns than AR15s on the streets, AR15s are rarely used to commit murder (less than 1% according to the FBI)
its far more likely that a handgun is in involved in a murder than any semi-automatic rifle
every firearm is a death machine if used improperly, we need better and more attentive gun owners not worse guns

Anyways I'm done now. Thank you. Hopefully all the ISH anti gun people will realize this argument is exactly the same, merely a different subject matter that they enjoy more than guns.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #25
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,788
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
You are now trying to conflate killing (ie hunting) and murder. Enough with the logical fallacies. I'm getting sick of pointing them out.

And target shooting is a Olympic sport, with thousands and thousands of participants and competitions year round. If you want to have a discussion, please leave your ignorance at the door.

Oh wait, you're the guy who said a pistol grip makes a gun more deadly. I don't even know why I'm responding to you.
I said a pistol grip helps with ACCURACY. It helps handle the recoil better.



Call it what you want, guns were created in an effort to make killing whether it be for hunting, defense, etc more efficient. It evolved into a sport. On the other end, a car was made to help transportation.

And since youre so hell bent on equating guns with cars, why are you so adamantly against having firearms as regulated as a car is? Meaning having to register a gun, having to insure a gun, having to report all guns sales?
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #26
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,788
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Anyways I'm done now. Thank you. Hopefully all the ISH anti gun people will realize this argument is exactly the same, merely a different subject matter that they enjoy more than guns.
As were having this conversation, theres just been another campus shooting. This time in Houston.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #27
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

double post
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #28
bmulls
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,678
bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
I said a pistol grip helps with ACCURACY. It helps handle the recoil better.



Call it what you want, guns were created in an effort to make killing whether it be for hunting, defense, etc more efficient. It evolved into a sport. On the other end, a car was made to help transportation.

And since youre so hell bent on equating guns with cars, why are you so adamantly against having firearms as regulated as a car is? Meaning having to register a gun, having to insure a gun, having to report all guns sales?

Driving a vehicle is a PRIVILEGE. The ability to defend ones' self is a CIVIL RIGHT. Anything that adds to the cost of owning a firearm is a tax on CIVIL RIGHTS. A poll tax is illegal because voting is a CIVIL RIGHT. A tax on cigarettes is legal because smoking is a PRIVILEGE.

I support background checks as long as they are free. I do not support registration because I see no need for the government to have a comprehensive registry of law abiding gun owners. Criminals don't register guns. Insurance on a gun is akin to a tax.

Furthermore, the fact that a gun is the most "efficient" murder tool is a moot point. If you ban guns, a knife becomes the new most "efficient" murder tool. The knife murder rate in the UK is nearly double that of the United States. Should they ban knives? And then when you ban knives, baseball bats are the most efficient, then hammers, then whatever else you can fcking think of.

Ridiculously childish argument.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #29
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,788
97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Driving a vehicle is a PRIVILEGE. The ability to defend ones' self is a CIVIL RIGHT. Anything that adds to the cost of owning a firearm is a tax on CIVIL RIGHTS. A poll tax is illegal because voting is a CIVIL RIGHT. A tax on cigarettes is legal because smoking is a PRIVILEGE.

I support background checks as long as they are free. I do not support registration because I see no need for the government to have a comprehensive registry of law abiding gun owners. Criminals don't register guns. Insurance on a gun is akin to a tax.

Furthermore, the fact that a gun is the most "efficient" murder tool is a moot point. If you ban guns, a knife becomes the new most "efficient" murder tool. The knife murder rate in the UK is nearly double that of the United States. Should they ban knives? And then when you ban knives, baseball bats are the most efficient, then hammers, then whatever else you can fcking think of.

Ridiculously childish argument.
Driving is a privledge. But its still regualted. Mainly because of all the irresponsible individuals that abuse this privilege. You continue to act as if owning a gun is your god given right. Its not. And since youre so bent in defending your secind amendment right dont forget that a key word in that bill is a well REGULATED militia. No one is trying to take away your ability to own weapons. But the fact is when a way of life begins to be abused, and then spills over into society, Its gonna be more regulated. Unfortunately, that regualation cost. And the only people who should pay for that regulating, is gun owners.

Im a gun owner myself. And I dont mind paying a reasonable yearly fee, to help curb gun violence. Why are you so against it?
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #30
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 14,009
Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
I've already dismantled this illogical argument a half dozen times. You are trying to conflate the intended use of a vehicle and the reason firearms were first invented.

I said it because I'm wondering why you made that stupid post in here. Like why are you bringing your agenda to this thread?

Quote:
Murder = improper and irresponsible use of a firearm.

Speeding = improper and irresponsible use of a vehicle.

That's a shitty analogy

Quote:
Guns are designed to fire a projectile, not murder people. Cars are designed to drive, not speed. Whether or not the gun/car causes injury or death is up to the person driving or pulling the trigger.

What is this shitty excuse of a paragraph even about?

Quote:
It's hilarious how smug you act, as though you've got it all figured out. Come back with a logically sound argument son.

How about I wait for you to make one first? This isn't even the thread for it.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy