Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,402
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Threads like this only serve to reaffirm the notion that ISH is the worst place on the internet to discuss rap music...and that's saying a lot.
It's a basketball forum, why should it be?
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #17
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,402
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
That's irrelevant because it's terrible for basketball discussion too.

And it's not like this is the NBA forum. It's not hard to miss the fact that a subforum to discuss miscellaneous topics exists here. Almost every forum has one no matter what the main forum is about.
Some people here know about hip-hop, some don't. Just like some on the main form know what they're talking about.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #18
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,402
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
The majority of the threads about rap are like this or turn out like this one. The sad thing is that it isn't as bad as the NBA forum still only because there are less posts about rap in the OTC.
But aren't you on the Lil B bandwagon?

He's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be, but he's not a genius, intelligent, (insert big word here), ect.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #19
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,402
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
It's not about people's opinions or taste. It's about people's faulty logic and overall pompous attitudes that make discussing anything subjective unbearable.
Welcome to the internet, that's how it is.
They'll big up their choice and make yours look like shit.

You'll get way better discussions with other forms of music here, but with Hip-Hop not so much. Too bad other forms of music rarely come into play here on ISH OTC Lounge.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #20
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 25,930
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
That's irrelevant because it's terrible for basketball discussion too.

+1
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #21
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Threads like this only serve to reaffirm the notion that ISH is the worst place on the internet to discuss rap music...and that's saying a lot.
Wah wah wah.


You aren't contributing, you're talking down about the whole board and insinuating that you are better than the lot of us save a few posters.



I have a college education in literature and study poetry. Please, point me to the genius in Lil B songs.


Dude said Lil B is a genius but Lupe Fiasco hasn't made a good song in 6 years.


How can I take that as anything but retarded if you have no premises to support it?
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #22
Al Thornton
no sana no life
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: free wop
Posts: 22,118
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

i cant discuss a modern rap artist with people who dont listen to modern rap.

if i remember correctly gogetter didn't know how to download a mixtape. why is he even making a thread about modern rap?
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #23
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Lmao Go Getter says that he has a college degree like that means anything.
Actually I said I am college educated. And having a degree DOES mean something fool. Does it make me a better person than you? No. Does it mean I know more about rap than you? Not really.

What it does mean is that I have learned the fundamental skills necessary to process and regurgitate information. So if you and your Lil B clan would like to explain to me where his genius lies in clear terms I can comprehend you.

It also means that in the American workforce I can get a higher salary in my field than those without an education.

So, if you'd like to point out the genius of Lil B, I am open to discussion. If you want to cry about others opinions like a bitch then I'll let you be
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #24
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i cant discuss a modern rap artist with people who dont listen to modern rap.

if i remember correctly gogetter didn't know how to download a mixtape. why is he even making a thread about modern rap?
You recall incorrectly. I have a website that gives me all the music I need. I asked you where you got your music from one time.


Lol at modern rap. You talk like new school rappers have evolved the genre to the ppnt of it being different.


I can appreciate new artists.....just not ones that say, do, and wear weird shit that no one wants to then call it creative.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #25
lefthook00
College star
 
lefthook00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,005
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Lil B spits some real sh*t sometimes, and is very very misunderstood. Doesn't help that he goes full retard quite often. His fans get it though. I think most people just don't like how he raps, his flow, etc.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #26
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Lil B spits some real sh*t sometimes, and is very very misunderstood. Doesn't help that he goes full retard quite often. His fans get it though. I think most people just don't like how he raps, his flow, etc.
There is no understanding. His shit has no meaning and people think it's deep because they don't understand it.


Mfers act like he's Kipling or Robert Frost or something lmao, maybe yall need to go to college with me lol
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #27
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
What does this have to do with anything? You brought up being "college educated" in a thread talking about rap. Obviously you think it holds some merit in this discussion so that's why I laughed...because it's a laughable assertion.
You need to go to your high school and slap the shit out of every humanities teacher you've had.


I said that I have a college education (I have successfully studied writers and poets ad nauseam), therefore, if you care to explain Lil B's genius I am more than capable of understanding it if not respecting it.

You came in here whining about ISH and the state of hip hop discussion and I asked you to explain. You latched onto the fact that I said I'm educated like you got denied by your local community college and you have a jealous vendetta against educated folk. You keep swinging and missing.


Again, respectfully, I want you to explain the genius in his works....or just admit that you have nothing.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #28
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
How have you studied so much stuff and are so good at understanding poetry yet you need me to explain such simple shit to you? But there's no point in explaining anything. Your way of thinking won't change (neither do I care if it did), and there won't be any constructive discussion about rap. So just believe whatever you want. I won't waste anymore of your time or mine.
So you have nothing.


I've taken Al Thornton's word on a few acts and I actually found them entertaining....after getting over his base head image I listened to Danny Brown and liked some of his stuff off the strength of his recommendation. Even though I give him shit I respect dude because he sticks to his guns and has a genuine love for rap.

I admit that I don't know everything which is why I ask. You say that the board sucks so bad when it comes to rap but when someone asks you a straigt up question like a man you pussyfoot around it and make bullshit excuses.


You're weak dog. Weak as water as we say in the Chi.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 PM   #29
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,324
Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
How have you studied so much stuff and are so good at understanding poetry yet you need me to explain such simple shit to you? But there's no point in explaining anything. Your way of thinking won't change (neither do I care if it did), and there won't be any constructive discussion about rap. So just believe whatever you want. I won't waste anymore of your time or mine.
Someone who has studied traditional literature and poetry might have problems with certain contemporary urban stuff....I'm not from the west coast, so maybe I'm missing something. I'm sure I catch more references to the Chicago streets in chief Keef songs than you and your buddies.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy