Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #31
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Default Re: Lil B is one of the most intelligent rappers ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
i cant discuss a modern rap artist with people who dont listen to modern rap.

if i remember correctly gogetter didn't know how to download a mixtape. why is he even making a thread about modern rap?
You recall incorrectly. I have a website that gives me all the music I need. I asked you where you got your music from one time.

Lol at modern rap. You talk like new school rappers have evolved the genre to the ppnt of it being different.

I can appreciate new artists.....just not ones that say, do, and wear weird shit that no one wants to then call it creative.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:10 PM   #32
lefthook00
College star

Lil B spits some real sh*t sometimes, and is very very misunderstood. Doesn't help that he goes full retard quite often. His fans get it though. I think most people just don't like how he raps, his flow, etc.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #33
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Lil B spits some real sh*t sometimes, and is very very misunderstood. Doesn't help that he goes full retard quite often. His fans get it though. I think most people just don't like how he raps, his flow, etc.
There is no understanding. His shit has no meaning and people think it's deep because they don't understand it.

Mfers act like he's Kipling or Robert Frost or something lmao, maybe yall need to go to college with me lol
Old 01-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #34
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Actually I said I am college educated. And having a degree DOES mean something fool. Does it make me a better person than you? No. Does it mean I know more about rap than you? Not really.

What it does mean is that I have learned the fundamental skills necessary to process and regurgitate information. So if you and your Lil B clan would like to explain to me where his genius lies in clear terms I can comprehend you.

It also means that in the American workforce I can get a higher salary in my field than those without an education.

So, if you'd like to point out the genius of Lil B, I am open to discussion. If you want to cry about others opinions like a bitch then I'll let you be

What does this have to do with anything? You brought up being "college educated" in a thread talking about rap. Obviously you think it holds some merit in this discussion so that's why I laughed...because it's a laughable assertion.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #35
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
What does this have to do with anything? You brought up being "college educated" in a thread talking about rap. Obviously you think it holds some merit in this discussion so that's why I laughed...because it's a laughable assertion.
You need to go to your high school and slap the shit out of every humanities teacher you've had.

I said that I have a college education (I have successfully studied writers and poets ad nauseam), therefore, if you care to explain Lil B's genius I am more than capable of understanding it if not respecting it.

You came in here whining about ISH and the state of hip hop discussion and I asked you to explain. You latched onto the fact that I said I'm educated like you got denied by your local community college and you have a jealous vendetta against educated folk. You keep swinging and missing.

Again, respectfully, I want you to explain the genius in his works....or just admit that you have nothing.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #36
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

How have you studied so much stuff and are so good at understanding poetry yet you need me to explain such simple shit to you? But there's no point in explaining anything. Your way of thinking won't change (neither do I care if it did), and there won't be any constructive discussion about rap. So just believe whatever you want. I won't waste anymore of your time or mine.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #37
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
How have you studied so much stuff and are so good at understanding poetry yet you need me to explain such simple shit to you? But there's no point in explaining anything. Your way of thinking won't change (neither do I care if it did), and there won't be any constructive discussion about rap. So just believe whatever you want. I won't waste anymore of your time or mine.
So you have nothing.

I've taken Al Thornton's word on a few acts and I actually found them entertaining....after getting over his base head image I listened to Danny Brown and liked some of his stuff off the strength of his recommendation. Even though I give him shit I respect dude because he sticks to his guns and has a genuine love for rap.

I admit that I don't know everything which is why I ask. You say that the board sucks so bad when it comes to rap but when someone asks you a straigt up question like a man you pussyfoot around it and make bullshit excuses.

You're weak dog. Weak as water as we say in the Chi.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #38
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Someone who has studied traditional literature and poetry might have problems with certain contemporary urban stuff....I'm not from the west coast, so maybe I'm missing something. I'm sure I catch more references to the Chicago streets in chief Keef songs than you and your buddies.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: