Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #16
IamRAMBO24
College superstar
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,502
IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
People with emotional and mental problems lash out violently.

When they do so and guns are present, innocent people get shot.


If we regulate guns and do not let them get into the hands of mentally unstable people (or at least reduce the amount by some measure) then the amount of gun violence will most likely decline.

Yea the problem is the person and not the gun. There is a knife crime in the UK every 4 minutes, in fact, it is an epidemic along with robbery because the law abiding citizens do not have a form of protection they can easily use.

Again, violent criminals will find whatever means they can use to commit their crimes, so why are we banning a weapon law abiding citizens (from the elderly to women) can fend themselves from these attackers.

Surely, you don't expect an 80 year limp grandma to bust out a samurai as her only means of protection do you.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:08 AM   #17
gigantes
A piece of fluff
 
gigantes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,222
gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
A person skilled with a samurai can easily take out 5 or more. Why not ban swords while we are at it.
just curious.... is your entire world-view based on comic book-knowledge, or only a very, very large portion of it?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #18
IamRAMBO24
College superstar
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,502
IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
You're dumb as shit.

It is a known fact a skilled samurai can take out multiple victims, in fact, there is a case in China where a man using a simple cutting knife killed 7 people and wounded 7 others.

I am only making the argument that if we are banning guns for their "ease" of killing, then why not ban these weapons also since arguably it'll make it much easier to kill.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #19
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,955
iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Drugs don't kill people. People who chooses to do drugs kill themselves. So lets legalize meth and heroin.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 AM   #20
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 7,008
maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Drugs don't kill people. People who chooses to do drugs kill themselves. So lets legalize meth and heroin.
This logic does not fit OP's agenda thus is irrelevant..

OP is a delusional psychopath. I wouldn't be surprised if he went on a mass shooting spree.. clearly he's got an unhealthy addiction to guns and thus has some kind of mental issue. It's only a matter of time before he snaps..
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #21
IamRAMBO24
College superstar
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,502
IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Drugs don't kill people. People who chooses to do drugs kill themselves. So lets legalize meth and heroin.

Yup. Horrible sense of logic: hurting yourself is not the same thing as hurting others.

If you want to hurt yourself, have a go at it; people who eat at Mcdonald's do it all the time, so who gives a f*ck.

Guns don't kill people. Period.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #22
MMM
877-954-1893
 
MMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,082
MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Yea the problem is the person and not the gun. There is a knife crime in the UK every 4 minutes, in fact, it is an epidemic along with robbery because the law abiding citizens do not have a form of protection they can easily use.

Again, violent criminals will find whatever means they can use to commit their crimes, so why are we banning a weapon law abiding citizens (from the elderly to women) can fend themselves from these attackers.

Surely, you don't expect an 80 year limp grandma to bust out a samurai as her only means of protection do you.

An assault weapon ban is not going to limit the ability one has in defending him self. If it is similar to the previous law than existing gun owners will be grandfathered in. Also can't people just modify their weapons so they no longer qualify under the ban???

BTW, I don't support a AWB because i think there are far more effective regulations and restrictions that can be made.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #23
IamRAMBO24
College superstar
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,502
IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
This logic does not fit OP's agenda thus is irrelevant..

OP is a delusional psychopath. I wouldn't be surprised if he went on a mass shooting spree.. clearly he's got an unhealthy addiction to guns and thus has some kind of mental issue. It's only a matter of time before he snaps..

Logical fallacy: ad hoc.

You a*sholes are full of it. You can't argue pound for pound thus you have to throw some logical deceptive device in your argument to prove a point.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 AM   #24
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,955
iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Yup. Horrible sense of logic: hurting yourself is not the same thing as hurting others.

If you want to hurt yourself, have a go at it; people who eat at Mcdonald's do it all the time, so who gives a f*ck.

Guns don't kill people. Period.
Yeps, drugs also don't kill people. So lets legalize meth and heroin.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:33 AM   #25
IamRAMBO24
College superstar
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,502
IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
Yeps, drugs also don't kill people. So lets legalize meth and heroin.

They are legal with a prescription.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #26
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 7,008
maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Logical fallacy: ad hoc.

You a*sholes are full of it. You can't argue pound for pound thus you have to throw some logical deceptive device in your argument to prove a point.
You've already proved to be delusional and psychopathic, what's the point of arguing with a nut job? Obama going to take away your guns and get you some mental health help Obama!
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:38 AM   #27
IamRAMBO24
College superstar
 
IamRAMBO24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,502
IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
You've already proved to be delusional and psychopathic, what's the point of arguing with a nut job?

Because I have a sound premise: guns don't kill people, violent people kill people.

You on the other hand are using whatever fallacy you can throw at me to make this point irrelevant.

Stop being such a child.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #28
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year
 
miller-time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,992
miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Because I have a sound premise: guns don't kill people, violent people kill people.

So it is therefore acceptable to give society unmediated access to guns even though a subset of that society is dangerous and/or irresponsible and/or children?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #29
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 7,008
maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
Because I have a sound premise: guns don't kill people, violent people kill people.

You on the other hand are using whatever fallacy you can throw at me to make this point irrelevant.

Stop being such a child.

as I said.. delusional. Obama gun control He'll help to stop mentally ill people like yourself from easily getting guns in the future
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #30
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,955
iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Guns don't kill people; violent people kill people

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
They are legal with a prescription.
So you are saying guns should be regulated like meth.

I see.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy