Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default I have details about my personal life that i'd like to share with the OTC Community.

First and foremost, My mother has recently been diagnosed with cancer..

Colon cancer that's spread to the liver. Stage 4.

At this time, I really don't give a f*ck about conspiracy theories....

My mother is my best friend... She's done a much better job at raising me than my father did. No disrespect to my father...I know he's a great man.

So I guess my question is this: It appears that my mother's days are numbered,

Does anybody have experience with situations similar to this?

I guess the the good news is this... I honesty believe in miracles... And for the love of God, a miracle is about take place with my mother.

Me and my mother have been discussing the fact that we need a good church to find.... I've been procrastinating on this, But I'm about to transform from a conspiracy nut into a religious nut....

Look, I don't want to make this thread about myself... I know there are OTC posters that have battled similar trials... Dasher comes to mind.

If you guys have any advice... please share.

Last edited by Riddler : 01-22-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: I have details about my personal life that i'd like to share with the OTC Community.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, I don't think i can offer any substantial advise other than appreciating the time you spend with each while doing the things that have always brought you close to her.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I have details about my personal life that i'd like to share with the OTC Community.

Its very good that you believe. Whatever it is, as long as youre not desperate.
Good luck, miracles sometimes happen.
CeltsGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
I'm sorry to hear about your mother, I don't think i can offer any substantial advise other than appreciating the time you spend with each while doing the things that have always brought you close to her.

My mother keeps talking about the fact that she wants to make it a habit that we take walks together....

Me, being the idiot that i am, I cant help but recall a scene from Hesher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHyT1CqqRTs

Last edited by Riddler : 01-22-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My dad died of cancer and it came quicker than we thought. I knew it was coming, but his death came too soon. You need to understand that now and use the time wisely.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Its very good that you believe. Whatever it is, as long as youre not desperate.
Good luck, miracles sometimes happen.

Thank you, a miracle is about to happen.... I have to believe that.

I have multiple people praying for mother right now, and I believe those prayers are effective.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
and use the time wisely.

I'm trying.

I'm about to cry right now.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
My dad died of cancer and it came quicker than we thought. I knew it was coming, but his death came too soon. You need to understand that now and use the time wisely.

I know what you mean, when my Grandad died a couple of years ago it was actually a really gradual process (over 2 years). But even though I had time to adjust and realize that he was going I still regretted not spending more time with him towards the end.

There isn't much I can suggest, but spend as much time as you can with her bro. No matter what happens you can't get this time back. Good luck man.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #9
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
There isn't much I can suggest, but spend as much time as you can with her bro. No matter what happens you can't get this time back. Good luck man.

Thank You.... I'm crying right now.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #10
Riddler
D-94

Thank You for the feedback... I really appreciate the fact that I have a forum like this to vent about my problems in life.

I love you guys very much... I wish nothing but the best for you in life.

You guys are great men.

I guess my only advice is that you tell your family members how much you love them... Don't wait until tomorrow, do it today.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
My dad died of cancer and it came quicker than we thought. I knew it was coming, but his death came too soon.

Same here, 11 years ago last month.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Sorry to hear that. For what its worth, my mother had breast cancer and recovered. Broccoli, spinach, and other greens + supplements seemed to do the trick.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #13
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
I know what you mean, when my Grandad died a couple of years ago it was actually a really gradual process (over 2 years). But even though I had time to adjust and realize that he was going I still regretted not spending more time with him towards the end.

This is the thing that people always repeat, and it's like that for a reason.

I made the mistake of thinking that everything will be all right, that there is no fucking chance that something could happen to my sister and just went on about my life like nothing had changed.

One thing is to live the rest of my life filled with sadness that I'll never ever see her again.. but being the ignorant prick I am, I added the worst feeling in situations like this- regret, by not taking this whole thing seriously. I hate myself for not being there for her 100%. I truly believe that If I had accepted what was going on, she would still be alive. I could've done/tried to do so many things in order for this not to happen.. at least I think I could, and that is what's killing me.

So yeah. 'spend as much time as you can with her'. And if there is ANYTHING that you can do to improve her situation, just do it, don't be a pussy like I was.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Sorry to hear that. For what its worth, my mother had breast cancer and recovered. Broccoli, spinach, and other greens + supplements seemed to do the trick.

Yea, I've also heard that a little Mary Jane helps... Medical marijuana

IDK.

My mom is about to do some traveling to Houston... because apparently, Houston has some very good doctors when dealing with cancer.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 AM   #15
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
This is the thing that people always repeat, and it's like that for a reason.

I made the mistake of thinking that everything will be all right, that there is no fucking chance that something could happen to my sister and just went on about my life like nothing had changed.

One thing is to live the rest of my life filled with sadness that I'll never ever see her again.. but being the ignorant prick I am, I added the worst feeling in situations like this- regret, by not taking this whole thing seriously. I hate myself for not being there for her 100%. I truly believe that If I had accepted what was going on, she would still be alive. I could've done/tried to do so many things in order for this not to happen.. at least I think I could, and that is what's killing me.

So yeah. 'spend as much time as you can with her'. And if there is ANYTHING that you can do to improve her situation, just do it, don't be a pussy like I was.

Thank you for a good post.

very inspirational.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: