Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Curry got snubbed.

a lot of people may disagree but i still feel he deserves to make the all-star team. u have to have 2 guards, 2 forwards, a center, and two wild cards. billups is a good player but i dont think he had an all-star season like last year. i think curry deserved it over him and jermaine oneal, i dont think he made that much of an impact even though i got better numbers.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:02 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

Team Record.



had Dwight outvoted Shaq, Curry may have had a strong chance to make it.


instead of voting for Curry, you guys should have voted for HOward.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
jt24
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
jt24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
a lot of people may disagree but i still feel he deserves to make the all-star team. u have to have 2 guards, 2 forwards, a center, and two wild cards. billups is a good player but i dont think he had an all-star season like last year. i think curry deserved it over him and jermaine oneal, i dont think he made that much of an impact even though i got better numbers.


curry didnt get snubbed howard and oneal should have made it over him, curry plays no defense and doesnt rebound, if he did that he would make it.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt24
curry didnt get snubbed howard and oneal should have made it over him, curry plays no defense and doesnt rebound, if he did that he would make it.

i agree that howard should have made it over curry but i dont think oneal should have made it over him. but im not surprised hes not on the team. i seriously think if shaq didnt get voted on he would have been on the team.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
jt24
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 132
jt24 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
i agree that howard should have made it over curry but i dont think oneal should have made it over him. but im not surprised hes not on the team. i seriously think if shaq didnt get voted on he would have been on the team.


i have no problem with j oneal making it hes avg the same ppg curry is and he abg 3 rebounds a game more, of course shaq woulnd thave, thats the system we have though so we have to deal with it, what i dont get is how the nba;s leading scorer isnt on the team, stern better put him in boozers place or he will prove how big a fraud he really is.
jt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:48 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

Yeah it would be an NBA first for the leading scorer not to make the ASG. But Curry may have had a shot if the team wasn't as bas as it is. Of course he aint getting in over Shaq.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:23 AM   #7
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,349
bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

The fact is that there aren't many good centers in the league.

Because of Curry's size he eats the smaller one's for breakfast. He scores almost at will because the team was designed to do that.

Against the better teams he doesn't do anything because they all know Curry doesn't play D and doesn't rebound and doesn't pass and doesn't block shots.

So what exactly does Curry do?

Not much other than bully teams with smaller less physical centers and teams that don't play defense.

He'll score 30 points on a weak team and 15 on against a good one without making much of an impact. He becomes a ghost against good defensive teams because he can't do anything but make layups. He can't shot.....he has no jump shot.

Did anybody ever see him shot a short jump shot?

Get more than a few rebounds?

Pass the ball?

Shut down anybody defensively?

Curry is a fraud and the good teams show this to be true. Yao eats him for breakfast.

But Zeke will smoke and mirror everybody to death trying to make this guy look like the second coming, he's more like a second helping.

Don't believe the hype.......Curry stinks.

Yes he has the physical attributes and moves exceptionally well for a big man.

But he has almost no basketball skills other than being able to work on the offensive side under the basket.

That's why the coaches didn't vote him in. It has nothing to do with anything other than those coaches know the players and he doesn't deserve to be an allstar.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #8
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
The fact is that there aren't many good centers in the league.

Because of Curry's size he eats the smaller one's for breakfast. He scores almost at will because the team was designed to do that.

Against the better teams he doesn't do anything because they all know Curry doesn't play D and doesn't rebound and doesn't pass and doesn't block shots.

So what exactly does Curry do?

Not much other than bully teams with smaller less physical centers and teams that don't play defense.

He'll score 30 points on a weak team and 15 on against a good one without making much of an impact. He becomes a ghost against good defensive teams because he can't do anything but make layups. He can't shot.....he has no jump shot.

Did anybody ever see him shot a short jump shot?

Get more than a few rebounds?

Pass the ball?

Shut down anybody defensively?

Curry is a fraud and the good teams show this to be true. Yao eats him for breakfast.

But Zeke will smoke and mirror everybody to death trying to make this guy look like the second coming, he's more like a second helping.

Don't believe the hype.......Curry stinks.

Yes he has the physical attributes and moves exceptionally well for a big man.

But he has almost no basketball skills other than being able to work on the offensive side under the basket.

That's why the coaches didn't vote him in. It has nothing to do with anything other than those coaches know the players and he doesn't deserve to be an allstar.

if curry isnt so good y do teams double and sometimes triple team him every night. players who stink doesnt get double teamed every night. the guy is shooting 58 percent from the field. theres no one in the nba is scoring almost 20 a game shooting 58 percent.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
ChanningShamgod
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
ChanningShamgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
ChanningShamgod has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
The fact is that there aren't many good centers in the league.

Because of Curry's size he eats the smaller one's for breakfast. He scores almost at will because the team was designed to do that.

Against the better teams he doesn't do anything because they all know Curry doesn't play D and doesn't rebound and doesn't pass and doesn't block shots.

So what exactly does Curry do?

Not much other than bully teams with smaller less physical centers and teams that don't play defense.

He'll score 30 points on a weak team and 15 on against a good one without making much of an impact. He becomes a ghost against good defensive teams because he can't do anything but make layups. He can't shot.....he has no jump shot.

Did anybody ever see him shot a short jump shot?

Get more than a few rebounds?

Pass the ball?

Shut down anybody defensively?

Curry is a fraud and the good teams show this to be true. Yao eats him for breakfast.

But Zeke will smoke and mirror everybody to death trying to make this guy look like the second coming, he's more like a second helping.

Don't believe the hype.......Curry stinks.

Yes he has the physical attributes and moves exceptionally well for a big man.

But he has almost no basketball skills other than being able to work on the offensive side under the basket.

That's why the coaches didn't vote him in. It has nothing to do with anything other than those coaches know the players and he doesn't deserve to be an allstar.

ChanningShamgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:01 PM   #10
MustangDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 28
MustangDoug has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

All he can do is score under the basket. No defense, no other offensive moves or capabilities. And his team STINKS! That does not make an all-star in anyone's book.
MustangDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #11
Esco_NYK4life
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15
Esco_NYK4life has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

Why do they have an all star game every year? The reason Shaq is in is because he spells his Shaq. This guy hasn't done squat the first half of the season. How can people vote for someone how hasn't played enough games to be determine an All Star for that year. We all know he doesn't play as hard in the first half as he does in the second half of the season. I thought you have to earn a spot the All Star team. Whats the Heats record? 21-25. I don't care if you hurt or not. It should be what have you done for me lately, not, oh its Shaq vote him in. They should change the name of the game from All Star Game to All Star Name, because thats what it is.

Now we all seem surpise that Melo got snubed.....i'm not and i'm happy he's not in it either. Yeah his numbers are great but his character as a man sucks. The last time i seen someone hit a person and run i was in middle school.


It is true that Eddie doesn't play D or rebound, but Eddie's the main reason why the Knicks are progressing forward.

Eddie has done more for the Knicks this season than Shaq has done for Heat this season.

How can you vote a player when he hasn't played. A player is a teammate who plays in the game. You can't be a player and not play.

I don't care about anyone else on the all star roster, but shaq is doing what he does best and that is taking up space.
Esco_NYK4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #12
MustangDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 28
MustangDoug has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

I'm not saying Shaq deserved to be in the all-star game. I'm just saying that Eddy Curry absolutely does not belong in the game. He has ballooned numbers for a team that has played like crap.
MustangDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #13
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangDoug
I'm not saying Shaq deserved to be in the all-star game. I'm just saying that Eddy Curry absolutely does not belong in the game. He has ballooned numbers for a team that has played like crap.

how can u say he absolutely does not deserve to make the team. oviously you havent seen him play that much. and i dont what to here well the knicks record arent that good thats y he's not on the team. if its like that y do the nets have 2 all-stars and they are under 500. to me he was a clear all-star.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #14
dsparksd49353
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
dsparksd49353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 41
dsparksd49353 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

there was just no room for curry on the team. i think he should have been picked, but of course like every year shaq get to start no matter his numbers. he'll start next year and the year after when he'll average what 11 points and 6 rebounds ha. dwight howard deserved to start, so the two centers should have been dwight howard and eddy curry. i would've picked alonzo over shaq this year.
dsparksd49353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:55 PM   #15
Derek
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 643
Derek has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Curry got snubbed.

If anybody got snubbed, it was David Lee. Dude averages a double-double, something only 14 guys in the league do, and he doesn't get in. If he played more than 29 MPG, he might average 15/15.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy