Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #31
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: i am getting drink with a girl 4 inches taller than me tom night...does she care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Woah, 6'0 is not EXTREMELY tall.

For a girl, it's definitely a high percentile.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:42 AM   #32
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: i am getting drink with a girl 4 inches taller than me tom night...does she care?

Dude don't sweat it. Its not like your 5'4 or 5'5 like some of my friends. Now thats kinda embarrassing.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #33
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation hereSmoke117 has an incredible reputation here

I hope she wore heels to make the difference even bigger.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 AM   #34
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

Stupid to wear some shoes that makes you seem taller.
In the end of the day she's going to see how tall you really are and you won't wear shoes if you take her home. Height is just not something you'll be able to hide and it will only make you look stupid if you try to do so.

I'm 6'7 being too tall is not great all the time either, I tower over all the females I've been with and I rather not hook up with females shorter than 5'8.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #35
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
no. she is 6"0.

i'm 5"8.
I aint trying to nitpick here but don't worry you are not 4 inches shorter than her, only two. On another note as a 6' girl she must be over the whole height issue by now, unless you are dating an 18 year old or something.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #36
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Stupid to wear some shoes that makes you seem taller.
In the end of the day she's going to see how tall you really are and you won't wear shoes if you take her home. Height is just not something you'll be able to hide and it will only make you look stupid if you try to do so.

I'm 6'7 being too tall is not great all the time either, I tower over all the females I've been with and I rather not hook up with females shorter than 5'8.

Something about you screams insecurity.. Why would you everywhere post your height or other physical attributes? Youre obsessed with yourself.
CeltsGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #37
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
thanks guys. not so worried anymore.

one of the few times you get legit responses and not people ripping on you.

appreciate it.

The more you act like it's not an issue at all, the less likely it will be an issue for her. Tell her she looks good, but don't mention her height or tell she's tall.

Some tall women are insecure about their height. A good friend of mine is tall and blonde and looks like Laura Dern and she is super-insecure about her height and looks.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 AM   #38
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
I aint trying to nitpick here but don't worry you are not 4 inches shorter than her, only two. On another note as a 6' girl she must be over the whole height issue by now, unless you are dating an 18 year old or something.

...there are 12 inches in a foot...

anyways, to the OP, if she's agreed to have a drink with you she has probably already crossed that bridge.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #39
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Something about you screams insecurity.. Why would you everywhere post your height or other physical attributes? Youre obsessed with yourself.

Only an insecure person would come up with such conclusion. When have I spammed about my height or other attributes? The times I've mentioned my height have been in basketball discussions or threads like this when people like OP make too big deal of not being tall. Hell, I even wrote that being tall isn't even a hit when meeting females.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #40
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Only an insecure person would come up with such conclusion. When have I spammed about my height or other attributes? The times I've mentioned my height have been in basketball discussions or threads like this when people like OP make too big deal of not being tall. Hell, I even wrote that being tall isn't even a hit when meeting females.
Don't mind him millwad, celt's being a bitch cause his favorite team is losing all the time. Awwww!
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #41
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool

Women don't care how tall you are; they care about how you "carry" yourself. Height happens to be the biggest aspect of how you carry yourself, and the one part of it you have no control over. But there is a lot you do have control over, like how you dress, your hair, your gait, your demeanor, etc.

On the whole, you want to be taller than the woman you're with. It's almost always a compatibility stretch if you're not. But this doesn't apply in all cases. I've seen great matched couples with inverted heights. The important thing is to "act tall." If you're some huge tall dude but you just act awkward and lanky, that's not attractive either.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #42
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

DirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDirkNowitzki41 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Even the suicidal dude gettin pvssy

God hate my dick

i thought you got ***** on the reg? cmon son
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #43
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This thread makes me sad.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #44
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
That reminds me of a story I was told by someone who is barely taller than me. It was a 6'2" woman and she turned down the person because he was supposedly too short, and he said well, if you're waiting for a guy your height, you'll be waiting a long time(or something, I'm paraphrasing.) Point is, that persuaded her.
Was he 5'4?
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #45
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
i thought you got ***** on the reg? cmon son

I'm so bad with chicks I had two prostitutes walk out on me mid blowjob.

I wish this were a joke.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: