Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #31
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The Clippers need to make a trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
How can any basketball fan want DeAndre Jordan traded from the Clippers? That'd be the most unfortunate development in entertainment since the disintegration of the run-and-gun Suns.

DeAndre Jordan is the 3rd highest paid player on the team but may not be our 6th or 7th best player. Not to mention he's regressing this year as his confidence decreases. We need a more consistent rebounder and defender in the paint.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 AM   #32
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
You don't have to be built like the Thunder; you have to be built well. Duncan's Spurs and Shaq's Lakers weren't built like the Thunder, but they were built well. (And built around superior players.) The achievement of the Thunder is they're able to play like this when their 2 top players are both one-on-one perimeter scorers. It's really quite amazing to achieve so much without a real post scorer or a point guard on the roster. It's because they're well constructed - around what they have.

Let's say Paul and Barnes and Griffin is what they have. They need to construct their roster around those players, not add high-character good players as many as they can get. You don't need Billups when you have Paul; you don't need Butler when you have Billups; you don't need Odom when you have Griffin; and you don't need Jamal Crawford for anything other than fleeting entertainment. (I should make a Willie Wonka meme that says, "So, you're going to beat the Thunder in the playoffs with Jamal Crawford as your go-to scorer?")

The Clippers are built well. The fact that they have made huge leaps in wins and production two years in a row and have such amazing chemistry on and off the court proves it. Not to mention they have been THE best or the 2nd best team pretty much going on a month and a half or two months now (most of the season).

Are the Clippers built perfectly? No... nobody is including OKC. Do the Clippers have the pieces to make the finals? Yes, it just depends on health and how they step up in the biggest moments. It's pretty weird to nitpick a team with a 32-11 record who was a lottery team two years ago and is now on pace for 60+ wins.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #33
notatop29pg
High School JV MVP

notatop29pg has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Good post. I always thought I'd be happy to let Bledsoe develop a bit while CP3 rests but games like this prove he's not quite 100 percent ready to have his own team. He dominated last week when CP3 sat but today he looked like a terrible PG. I also agree that Durant is EVERYBODY's problem, not just the Clippers.

Bledsoe is slowly getting it, you can see that he's learnt from Paul by the way he hovers around about the free throw line where he can dart to the hoop, pass to a shooter or hit a midrange J... he just doesnt have a midrange J yet and the Thunder abused it.

Blake is also hesitating to take his jumpers again too, though he made up for it down low.

The Clippers just got bogged down out on the perimeter too much, bledsoe doesnt yet have the ability to get the defence out of position, instead he just waits for openings to appear on their own.
notatop29pg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:37 AM   #34
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
I probably rate Paul higher than anyone on this board - in the league now, and historically.

But this team, likeable as it is, as smooth as the regular season sailing will be, is a nightmare for players like Paul. When you're a championship-minded great PG, you want players who will defend, players who will hit shots, and players who will run the pick and roll with you. Paul has none of that. What does he have? A sloppy, inefficient shake-and-bake one on one guy, a PF who acts like Lebron but doesn't really pull it off, a bunch of ancient legends who you feel bad taking the last shot when they're on the roster, Caron Butler who is the ultimate nondescript good at everything, great at nothing player which you *never* see prominently featured on rosters of great teams... and Matt Barnes. Who is the only guy on the roster I'd call a "right piece."

I'm not saying blow the whole thing up, or anything. Griffin, though not the "right" player to pair with a Chris Paul, is an amazing talent and a great player who will continue to improve.

But this team needs to make a deal... other than various Mavericks rosters over the years, I've never seen a greater group of guys get thrown together on the same roster and have it amount to so little.

Even Blake Griffin, who I just think is awesome, is best paired with a PG like Kyrie Irving, not a Chris Paul. Chris is dying for someone to pick and roll with. The only one he's ever had was David West, who is average as average can be; and when he played with Paul he
looked like Karl Malone. Please someone make everything right with the world.

I agree, Clipps aren't perfectly built.. I think they need a stronger post game....though Blake is improving, and showing they can run more offense through him down there. He still can be erratic there though. They also aren't as lethal from 3 as other top teams . Meaning a lot of one on one. But as long as they keep up the defense, they still have enough offense to win it, but someone has to get hot

However, I feel the same way about OKC, but they have a guy that stays hot. And they have great shooting too.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:39 AM   #35
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
DeAndre Jordan is the 3rd highest paid player on the team but may not be our 6th or 7th best player. Not to mention he's regressing this year as his confidence decreases. We need a more consistent rebounder and defender in the paint.

I don't care if he's worse than Trey Thompkins as long as he keeps dunking like three times per game.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #36
kmartshopper
Believe

kmartshopper has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by notatop29pg
I think the Clippers are fine. A longer better shooting starting sg would help though.

What you saw tonight was a Clippers team without their leader and the best guy in the league at creating for others, its Paul that makes Butler, DJ, Green and Barnes legit threats. For all his talent, Bledsoe simply cannot create, outside of crashing through the lane and kicking out.

Clipps fans should walk away happy with the knoweledge that Blake can crap all over the OKC frontcourt, when Paul gets back, all of a sudden the other guys are half decent.

the only issue they have is Durant, but i dont think there is a team in the league that doesnt have the same problem.

This man knows.
kmartshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #37
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBloodMoney
I'm half serious/joking with this trade, but they should make a run at DMC.

1. Griffin/Cousins frontcourt would be ****ing hilarious considering they hate eachother.

2. Cousins has that wet midrange game, and CP3 has clearly missed David West's automatic jumper.

Problem is, I'm not sure the clippers have much to give the kings/sonics. But personally I think OP is right. They have a ton of pieces but come playoff time, the rotations will be shortened and the depth won't mean as much. Unless the clippers rape somebody in a trade, OKC will be back in the finals.
Griffin & Odom hated each other when Odom was on Lakers.
Look at them now. Once they are teammates, they have each others backs.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:38 AM   #38
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Jordan, Odom, Bledsoe and Butler for Howard & World Peace

Gasol - Odom - Butler - Bryant - Nash
Jordan - Clark - Jamison - Meeks - Bledsoe (plus Blake & Hill for next year)

Howard - Griffin - Barnes - Green - Paul
Turiaf - MWP - Hill - Crawford - Billups

Both teams improve, IMO.
Why it makes sense?
- Clippers get a dominant trio, similar to Miami's if not better
- Clipper still have a 6th man in Crawford plus Hill/Billups that are still sidelined
- Lakers can still shed salary in 2014/15 with Nash, Bryant & Pau coming off the books, Odom only has 1 year left
- LA adds a defensive point guard they desperately need who can play 15-20 minutes a night and give Nash rest
- Jordan would be an excellent backup center
- LA adds significant depth to their bench with Jordan/Bledsoe plus Odom or Clark

I like this trade a lot personally.

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 01-23-2013 at 03:40 AM.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #39
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis

Both teams improve, IMO.
Why it makes sense?
- Clipper still have a 6th man in Crawford plus Hill/Billups that are still sidelined
- Lakers can still shed salary in 2014/15 with Nash, Bryant & Pau coming off the books, Odom only has 1 year left
- LA adds a defensive point guard they desperately need who can play 15-20 minutes a night and give Nash rest
- LA adds significant depth to their bench with Jordan/Hill plus Odom or Clark

no
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #40
Clippersfan86
Banned

Thesis if Howard wasn't such a terrible teammate I'd love it. I'd be worried about him detonating team chemistry although our team is like a family so maybe he would mellow out.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:42 AM   #41
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
no

Why? Gasol will be utilized effectively and you add Bledsoe, Odom, Jordan and Butler to the team. Loss World Peace who is playing like a cancer.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #42
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis

Both teams improve, IMO.
Why it makes sense?
- LA adds significant depth to their bench with Jordan/Bledsoe plus Odom or Clark

Yeah, no. Dwight is a big baby and if a Pau/Dwight front court didn't work, a Blake/Dwight front court definitely will not work. Also I want zero part of Artest coming close to the Clippers.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #43
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Clippers don't need to trade. They're contenders without a doubt. As long as the team is healthy they'll be fine.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #44
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

No, the Clippers do not need to make a trade. And if they do, Jordan will guaransheedly. not be on the way out unless they make out like bandits. He's best friends with Blake and still has untapped potential (granted, he may never reach it).

I'd definitely look into dealing Bleds though. He has always seemed to be the odd one out. Only issue is, for what?

Would Toronto give up Ross + 2 2nds? How about Burks + Jazz First for Bledsoe + Clippers First? Would the Kings be interested in Hollins + Bleds for Jason Thompson + Kings First? How about Bleds + Hollins for Ayon + Magic First?

Most likely not, but can't see anything else personally.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #45
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Would the Kings be interested in Hollins + Bleds for Jason Thompson + Kings First?

Yeah I would be interested in that as a Kings fan, Bledsoe + Tyreke would be one of the best defensive backcourts in the NBA and Bledsoe can play off the ball like he did in college. If this deal was to go through we would have to get a good shooting SF and I think we would improve a lot. Would you not want Aaron Brooks as well to back up CP3 just in case?
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: