Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Default Re: Do you believe at some point aliens visited us that look like the aliens we think of?

No and no.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Do you believe at some point aliens visited us that look like the aliens we think of?

Then how do you explain Rondo?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #18
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Or Bosh?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Or Bosh?
Or Garnett. He even sounds like he's speaking an alien language.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #20
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I think not but I don't rule it out...

if not then that is decent evidence that life in general will never be able to travel distances that great...the universe is so huge and old that if it were easy to travel from star to star I am sure we would have had a few knocks at our door.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #21
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I think not but I don't rule it out...

if not then that is decent evidence that life in general will never be able to travel distances that great...the universe is so huge and old that if it were easy to travel from star to star I am sure we would have had a few knocks at our door.

Our recorded history is a seriously tiny amount of time in the vastness and scope of the cosmos though.

Even if there were numerous civilizations in the cosmos capable of interstellar travel, the chance of them finding us among the 10^23 stars we conservatively estimate to exist is virtually none.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #22
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #23
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Our recorded history is a seriously tiny amount of time in the vastness and scope of the cosmos though.

Even if there were numerous civilizations in the cosmos capable of interstellar travel, the chance of them finding us among the 10^23 stars we conservatively estimate to exist is virtually none.
I said if traveling like that were "easy"

if the universe was full of life and traveling like that was something easy to achieve by advanced life then I would think the whole universe would be mapped out and traveled on for the most part...

but perhaps life IS rare in this universe...and traveling like that only something the most advanced life could accomplish, then I could see odds being low

I mean really the odds of this could be anything from extremely likely to extremely unlikely depending on how much life is out there and how easy the traveling is...
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #24
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #25
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia ©

Maybe it was an animal thatís now extinct. Or it could a monkey hybrid that existed along time ago.

Letís take this a little further. Maybe this was humans in an early stage of evolution?!?
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #26
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Yes, I personally believe that aliens visited this planet at one time and maybe they did look somewhat like that.

Quote:
Maybe this was humans in an early stage of evolution?!?

If anything, to me they look like human at a more advanced stage of evolution.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #27
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

maybe...

Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #28
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I said if traveling like that were "easy"

if the universe was full of life and traveling like that was something easy to achieve by advanced life then I would think the whole universe would be mapped out and traveled on for the most part...

but perhaps life IS rare in this universe...and traveling like that only something the most advanced life could accomplish, then I could see odds being low

I mean really the odds of this could be anything from extremely likely to extremely unlikely depending on how much life is out there and how easy the traveling is...

Well yeah we can pretty much rule out that there are many species capable of near instantaneous travel who have civilizations trillions deep and have mapped out the entire galaxy and continuously zip around it for fun.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #29
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

The Ancient Aliens build the Pyramid.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #30
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Well yeah we can pretty much rule out that there are many species capable of near instantaneous travel who have civilizations trillions deep and have mapped out the entire galaxy and continuously zip around it for fun.
well yeah - *if we have never been visited

if many abduction stories are true then I do not rule that out...they make it sound as though they visit all the time and are "zipping around for fun"

I personally don't believe those stories but the Fire in the Sky stuff is kind of convincing
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: