Jan 28 Rockets notes
The Rockets were outscored 32-18 in the second quarter at Utah (11/19/12), propelling the Jazz to a 102-91 win. Houston scored a season-high 39 fourth-quarter points in a 124-116 win vs. Utah (12/1/12), snapping a three-game losing streak to the Jazz (2/29/12-11/19/12).
- The Last Time: Houston scored a season-high 39 fourth-quarter points to hold off Utah (12/1/12) for a 124-116 win. The Jazz had scored an opponent season-best 37 third-quarter points to take an 86-85 lead into the final 12 minutes. The Rockets hit .554 (46-83 FG) from the floor, including 11-of-22 (.500) from downtown. Patrick Patterson recorded a team-high 20 points (8-17 FG, 2-5 3FG) and three blocks. Chandler Parsons returned to the lineup with 19 points (7-12 FG, 3-5 3FG). Omer Asik had 14 points (5-5 FG), 12 rebounds and three blocks. Jeremy Lin totaled 19 points (8-14 FG) and eight assists, while James Harden added 18 points (7-16 FG) and seven dimes, which gave Houston’s starting backcourt 15 of the team’s 26 total assists. Gordon Hayward topped six Utah players in double-figure scoring with 21 points (8-12 FG, 3-5 3FG). Hayward also led the Jazz with 15 points (5-12 FG) off the bench at Utah (11/19/12). Randy Foye added 20 points (8-11 FG, 4-6 3FG) for the Jazz. Al Jefferson registered 20 points (10-19 FG) and eight boards, while Paul Millsap recorded a 12-point, 11-rebound double-double. Overall, Houston had seven players in double-figure scoring, including all five starters. The two teams also combined for 116 points in the paint (Rockets 62, Jazz 54).
- Series Notes: The Jazz posted 55 rebounds, 30 assists, 11 blocks and 30 fast-break points at Utah (11/19/12), while the Rockets shot just .349 (30-86 FG) from the field … Houston also hit just 32-of-82 (.390) from the field last season at Utah (2/29/12) and made just 31-of-87 (.356) from the floor vs. Utah (4/11/12) … Patrick Patterson scored 13 points (5-6 FG) in the first quarter at Utah (11/19/12), finishing with 19 points (8-14 FG) and two blocks … Chandler Parsons added 11 points (3-11 FG), 10 boards and a team-best five assists at Utah (11/19/12) … James Harden (upper respiratory distress) left the game in the second quarter at Utah (11/19/12) … Al Jefferson had 14 points (6-7 FT) and 16 rebounds at Utah (11/19/12), while Jamaal Tinsley dished out a game-high 11 assists … Gordon Hayward led the Jazz with 29 points (9-14 FG, 4-5 3FG, 7-7 FT) and six assists last season at Houston (4/11/12).
- Connections: Houston Assistant Coach/Director of Player Development Jesse Mermuys was an assistant basketball coach at Southern Utah University during the 2005-06 season … Utah General Manager Dennis Lindsey worked 11 years with the Rockets, including his final five seasons as VP of Basketball Operations/Player Personnel … Jazz forward DeMarre Carroll played in five games with the Rockets in 2010-11.
- The Rockets scored 62 first-half points on 23-of-46 (.500) shooting vs. Brooklyn (1/26/13). It marked Houston’s first 60-point half since a 66-point second-half vs. the L.A. Lakers (1/8/13). Overall, the Rockets have recorded 16 60-point halves this season.
- Houston posted a 60-24 advantage in the paint vs. Brooklyn (1/26/13) and a 27-7 edge off the break. It marked the fifth time this season that the Rockets have recorded 60 points in the paint (record: 5-0).
- The Rockets took the battle of the boards by a 50-31 (+19) advantage vs. Brooklyn (1/26/13). Houston also outrebounded the Hornets by a 44-34 (+10) count at New Orleans (1/25/13).
- James Harden finished with a game-high 29 points (7-15 FG, 13-14 FT) and seven assists vs. Brooklyn (1/26/13). Harden has now dished seven or more assists in six of his last seven games.
- Chandler Parsons recorded 16 points (7-11 FG, 2-5 3FG), a career-high 11 assists and six boards vs. Brooklyn (1/26/13). Parsons actually matched his previous career high in assists with eight in the first half alone (eight on 12/14/12 vs. Boston). Overall, it was his seventh double-double of the season.