Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: OGT 1/24/13: New York Knicks (25-14) @ Boston Celtics (20-21) 8:30 PM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
they would still tie.

25-16 to 24-15 = 0 games behind
Which would put the Knicks up because we control our own destiny, they can't catch us unless we lose.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: OGT 1/24/13: New York Knicks (25-14) @ Boston Celtics (20-21) 8:30 PM EST

4/6 NBA writers have the Nets winning the Atlantic. The Knicks started off much better than they could sustain. Older teams don't usually maintain winning 80% of their games. Unless your the Spurs that is.
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...nicks-or-nets/
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #18
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

We gotta get this win because we've been playing like shit as of late.

One amusing observation that I'm sure most can agree on... the Celtics always revert to the 08 champion Celtics when they play us.

Man, I absolutely hate that team... I respect em though...

Last edited by ClutchOver9000 : 01-23-2013 at 06:54 PM.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't know that the Knicks had the lowest turnover rate in NBA history.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #20
Pacers4ever
Banned

Pacers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Knicks win easily and celtics get swept in the 1st round. PP is absolute garbage.
Pacers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #21
jimmy77x
Local High School Star

jimmy77x has decent reputationjimmy77x has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
We gotta get this win because we've been playing like shit as of late.

One amusing observation that I'm sure most can agree on... the Celtics always revert to the 08 champion Celtics when they play us.

Man, I absolutely that team... I respect em though...

Exactly i said that earlier. They play game 7 nba finals basketball against the knicks then go back to being the scrubs they are.
jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #22
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I didn't know that the Knicks had the lowest turnover rate in NBA history.

covers up our absolutely dreadful rebounding...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #23
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
4/6 NBA writers have the Nets winning the Atlantic. The Knicks started off much better than they could sustain. Older teams don't usually maintain winning 80% of their games. Unless your the Spurs that is.
Who cares? None of these things mean anything. You do realize the Nets will have at some point a horrific stretch, right?

Watch your team and enjoy, stop looking for guarantees on performance. The only team whose press is true is the Heat, everyone else is just hopeful
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Last year 8/9 said the bucks would make the playoffs over the Knicks.

And you're confused, the Knicks aren't old, the Knicks bench is old... that's right you're 2 games behind the Knicks bench.

Knicks have yet to play a game with their projected starting five together, and i'm not even counting Amare as being a starter.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #25
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
Last year 8/9 said the bucks would make the playoffs over the Knicks.

And you're confused, the Knicks aren't old, the Knicks bench is old... that's right you're 2 games behind the Knicks bench.

Knicks have yet to play a game with their projected starting five together, and i'm not even counting Amare as being a starter.

Exactly....I'm just reveling in people doubting the Knicks.

I've latched onto this team this year because I simply think it could be one of the best rosters I've seen in a while, maybe since the Celtics first got together.

They've got to get certain pieces healthy and keep them healthy. Namely Amare, Melo (who has missed a number of games this year, 1 suspension), Tyson, Felton, Shumpert....but in the post season they will need to have at least 1 of Kidd/Prigioni and Camby/Sheed to really cover all weaknesses on the bench at pg and defensively in the paint.

Shumpert looks ahead of schedule by far, and Amare finally seems like he's strong enough to at least be featured at times offensively (still about a month from being mostly there). When Felton returns this weekend, they shouldn't be far away from really turning it on.

They've maybe been the most unhealthy team in the NBA from their prime young guys in Amare/Shump/Felton/Melo (forget Camby/Sheed)....yet have an elite record. Are now finally getting healthy, and fools want to pretend like they're about to fade away?

Net's fans are as delusional right now, as Boston fans were 2 weeks ago. The Knicks are going to win the Atlantic running away. Maybe the NBA title running away. This team more so than any other is built for the postseason this year, they have basically gotten this record with this eyes closed. Everytime someone gets a minor injury they over rest them because they know they can afford to do it. A roster where damn near everybody on the team, all the way to the 15th man (Kurt Thomas, James White or Chris Copeland) have started and they've been successful. A team whose only 3 weaknesses this year have been rebounding (though they still have a strong defensive rebounding rate), perimeter guard defense (mainly since Felton's been out and they just got Shumpert back), and interior offense. All of those things get helped and covered up with certain personnel. Amare already has helped the interior offense issue along with Carmelo...makes that a strength, and will be an even biggest strength when Felton gets back to work the pick and roll with the bigs. Camby and/or Sheed help the rebounding issue. and like I said Shumpert and Felton can hound guys up and down the court.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 01-23-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #26
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Seems Woodson changing lineup to avoid the Melo/KG confrontation.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #27
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo dropping 50 including the game winner in KG's face would make my day.

But more realistic scenario is Melo getting angry once again,chucking the Knicks out of the game with Paul Pierce draining a dagger in the last minute of the game.

One thing is sure. This will be a great game,just like every other Knicks-Celtics game in the last few years.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:10 PM   #28
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's getting to that point where I want to see Amare in the starting lineup.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #29
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Exactly....I'm just reveling in people doubting the Knicks.

I've latched onto this team this year because I simply think it could be one of the best rosters I've seen in a while, maybe since the Celtics first got together.

They've got to get certain pieces healthy and keep them healthy. Namely Amare, Melo (who has missed a number of games this year, 1 suspension), Tyson, Felton, Shumpert....but in the post season they will need to have at least 1 of Kidd/Prigioni and Camby/Sheed to really cover all weaknesses on the bench at pg and defensively in the paint.

Shumpert looks ahead of schedule by far, and Amare finally seems like he's strong enough to at least be featured at times offensively (still about a month from being mostly there). When Felton returns this weekend, they shouldn't be far away from really turning it on.

They've maybe been the most unhealthy team in the NBA from their prime young guys in Amare/Shump/Felton/Melo (forget Camby/Sheed)....yet have an elite record. Are now finally getting healthy, and fools want to pretend like they're about to fade away?

Net's fans are as delusional right now, as Boston fans were 2 weeks ago. The Knicks are going to win the Atlantic running away. Maybe the NBA title running away. This team more so than any other is built for the postseason this year, they have basically gotten this record with this eyes closed. Everytime someone gets a minor injury they over rest them because they know they can afford to do it. A roster where damn near everybody on the team, all the way to the 15th man (Kurt Thomas, James White or Chris Copeland) have started and they've been successful. A team whose only 3 weaknesses this year have been rebounding (though they still have a strong defensive rebounding rate), perimeter guard defense (mainly since Felton's been out and they just got Shumpert back), and interior offense. All of those things get helped and covered up with certain personnel. Amare already has helped the interior offense issue along with Carmelo...makes that a strength, and will be an even biggest strength when Felton gets back to work the pick and roll with the bigs. Camby and/or Sheed help the rebounding issue. and like I said Shumpert and Felton can hound guys up and down the court.

OK then. The Knicks will probably win the Atlantic, yes. But the title? Nah.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #30
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Joe Crawford,Dick Bavetta and Marat Kogut officiating tonight.

May God help us all.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: