Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
KrizMiz
Serious playground baller

KrizMiz has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: If you played 40 min/game in the NBA, what would your averages be?

1,2 Ppg
2,4 Rpg
0,3 Apg
15,9 Topg
4 % Fg
3 % 3pt

oh yeah and 11 fouls per game
KrizMiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #17
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

i would be less effective than kendrick perkins.

i'd get blocked like 90% of the time, being that im 5'9 and prob cant take a hit like barea can. im quick and got a good shot. but what does that even mean when you play against nba players? i bet you chris dudley could hit more jump shots than all of us
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #18
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If a coach was insane enough to leave me on the hardwood for 40 minutes even with me being completely exhausted by the 3rd minute of NBA pace, I bet if nothing else I'd stumble into a bucket here or there just from being so behind the play. Defenses would have a tough time planning for me because I would be in unusual places of the floor at strange times due to my exhaustion.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #19
CavaliersFTW
NBA All-star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Some of you guys must be in terrible shape right now I don't think I'd have a problem at all being "on the floor" for 40 NBA minutes I actually love conditioning - obviously out the gates I'd need a pre-season/few weeks to acclimate but I'm only 5-11.5 w/o shoes and 136.5lbs right now so I'd get tossed around like a rag doll out there, heck even in rec leaguess I always struggle mightily to play "big" and box out against 6-3 200lb dudes - I almost always get the wind knocked out of me if I try to crash the boards against players that would otherwise just be point guards or shooting guard in the NBA I prob would get repeatedly fined for flopping when in actually I'm legitimately being thrown around like a piece of cleanex by players

Last edited by CavaliersFTW : 01-23-2013 at 06:25 PM.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #20
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

I'd foul out in twenty-seven seconds.
no pun intended is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #21
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

I mean if I played with LeBron or Griffen, maybe I could just shoot towards the basket and inadvertently turn that into a lob for an assist a few times each game.

I would get no steals, no blocks, maybe one rebound a game. The only time I would even get an uncontested good look is if I were to camp out on the offensive end the entire game and cherry pick my way into a few points.

Maybe the ref would call some illegal screens in my favor on defense given how easily I would fall over from running into a 6'10 280lbs+ guy with his shoulder and elbow out.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
If a coach was insane enough to leave me on the hardwood for 40 minutes even with me being completely exhausted by the 3rd minute of NBA pace, I bet if nothing else I'd stumble into a bucket here or there just from being so behind the play. Defenses would have a tough time planning for me because I would be in unusual places of the floor at strange times due to my exhaustion.

Yall act like you're going to actually have the ball for 40mins non stop. Timeouts, freethrows, stops, plus the fact that you're sharing the ball with 4 other players.

You need to hit the gym and get your stamina up.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #23
#number6ix#
IN RILEY WE TRUST!!!!!

#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool#number6ix# is considered somewhat cool

I could never play 40 mins in the nba The coach would bench me for using all the timeouts every other trip down the court due to exhaustion. I could see myself now breathing into an oxygen mask like the linemen in the nfl when they run back a touchdown
#number6ix# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #24
KyrieTheFuture
College star

KyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat coolKyrieTheFuture is considered somewhat cool

One ejection per game
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #25
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also forgot 12 broken bones per game.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #26
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
About 10 1 0 80%ft n/a%fg

I'd never shoot, just run into any defender Harden-style and shoot the freethrows.

I could luckily be able to get a rebound sometimes. I'd have no assist since I wouldn't pass

This, i'm a very strong guy so i'd just do the James Harden and run everyone over (hopefully) and get some free throws
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #27
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has not been impressing people

I've actually given this a LOT of thought.

If I took myself at my ULTIMATE peak (prolly around the age of 22) and if I could play the game when I had EVERYTHING clicking just right...you know what I mean...handles are impeccable, shot is on fire, feel like you can jump out da gym...shit's just going your way every way....if I could play like that EVERY SINGLE GAME I PLAYED in the NBA.

I would STILL get shut the **** down.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #28
lakerspng
Local High School Star

lakerspng is considered somewhat coollakerspng is considered somewhat cool

40mpg? this is of course considering I'd have an off-season and training camp and preseason to get into playing shape?

10-12 ppg on 45% shooting, maybe more if I got some open 3s, cause I can knock those down all day.
2 rpg
6-7 apg

but I would have a really tough time playing defense on today's young, quick PGs at my age, which is what position I'd be playing at 6'...

but, 40 mpg is a ton of playing time, a coach would be fired if he played me 40 minutes in one game, what to speak of a season.

Last edited by lakerspng : 01-23-2013 at 06:51 PM.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #29
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation hereDroid101 has an incredible reputation here

I got pushed around a great deal in the few Division 1-level scrimmages I had in college.

I'm guessing 4 points on 40% shooting (no way I'm taking anything unless I'm wide open), couple of boards, maybe an assist because I'd be scared to shoot. Maybe 0.5 blocks from weakside help attempts.

The end.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #30
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

6'3, I can shoot well, stamina not a problem, can run quite fast, able to dunk. Yeah and my wingspan is atleast 6'9.

Wouldn't dare to predict, I definetly wouldn't die there or smt, but it's nba afterall, i'd be most useless guy on the floor at any given minute, might hit some open jumpers as i am automatic from midrange. I'd be huge weakness no doubt, but would still be 5v5 game. Defense would be the biggest problem, even tho defense is one of my strenghts, i'd just get burnt by almost any guard at their will.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: