Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #31
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If you played 40 min/game in the NBA, what would your averages be?

I do play basketball recreationally but i'm 5'7. To make it in the NBA at that height you have to be exceptionally fast, strong and athletic or an extremely skilled ball handler to make up for the lack of height ala Nate Robinson. So i'd say at current, it's doubtful i'd make it off the bench. I'd probably be sent to the D-League or Europe.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #32
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

lol.. well, i have been playing organised basketball since age 9 and since age 13 i have been playing up to 8 hours everyday (i am one of the most bball addictive guys you would have ever meet, trust me), most of that time was spent on jumpshooting/freethrows... i always strived to be a pure shooter, my FT accuracy is at 90%, not sure about NBA 3PT line but around 22 feet its 40% minimum... so 40 min/game to be honest i would love to think i would drop in some points especially as a spotup shooter...

Last edited by pauk : 01-23-2013 at 06:53 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #33
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerspng
40mpg? this is of course considering I'd have an off-season and training camp and preseason to get into playing shape?

10-12 ppg on 45% shooting, maybe more if I got some open 3s, cause I can knock those down all day.
2 rpg
6-7 apg

but I would have a really tough time playing defense on today's young, quick PGs at my age, which is what position I'd be playing at 6'...
If you could average 12/7 why aren't you in the NBA now?

If for god knows why I was playing 40 MPG in an NBA game, I would collapse from exhaustion before accumulating any stats besides fouls or turnovers (not that I'd do anything even if I did have more stamina).
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #34
lakerspng
National High School Star

lakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this boardlakerspng is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
If you could average 12/7 why aren't you in the NBA now?

If for god knows why I was playing 40 MPG in an NBA game, I would collapse from exhaustion before accumulating any stats besides fouls or turnovers (not that I'd do anything even if I did have more stamina).

you have to be an amazing NBA player to get 40 mpg, most that do average much better than that.

I'm a very good passer and shooter. I used to be very athletic when I was younger and had time to stay in shape.

If I was on an NBA team right now by some stupid chance, I probably wouldn't see any playing time, but if miraculously the coach was forced to play me 40 mpg, I would be able to produce.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #35
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am gonna hire Memo Heredia, Victor Conte, and Alex Ariza as my strength and physical guru If I am going to play 40 minutes per game againts these high caliber NBA Players.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #36
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3

The Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

lol'd at anyone putting up ANY stat besides TO's at a higher rate than .2.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #37
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Only way anybody here even gets a shot off is if the 9 actual basketball players on the court are laughing too hard to pay attention.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #38
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board

You guys are kinda overrated NBA players. I've seen orlando dwight play at a summer camp. He isn't some stamina god. He's strong but he isn't some greek god.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #39
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

i'm a good enough shooter to hit an open jumper if they look for me and if i'm open i can hit an NBA 3 probably around 35-40% of the time. i'd probably never take 2's or bother trying to dribble the ball, i'd get shut down. i'm a little over 6 feet so i could get a shot off if they give me a little bit of space if i'm open and they run to close out. something like...

4 ppg on 35% shooting
1 rpg
1 apg
0.2 spg
0 bpg
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #40
KungFuJoe
Local High School Star

KungFuJoe has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Choken One
lol'd at anyone putting up ANY stat besides TO's at a higher rate than .2.

Pretty much this.

Steve Nash would lock you guys down.
KungFuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #41
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
You guys are kinda overrated NBA players. I've seen orlando dwight play at a summer camp. He isn't some stamina god. He's strong but he isn't some greek god.
This. Dwight ain't no LeBron.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #42
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

8ppg because I'd cherry pick all day. I'd probably die if an NBA player body checked me.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #43
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Some of you guys must be in terrible shape right now I don't think I'd have a problem at all being "on the floor" for 40 NBA minutes I actually love conditioning - obviously out the gates I'd need a pre-season/few weeks to acclimate...
I wasn't accounting for having the opportunity to properly condition ahead of time and acclimating to the NBA pace. I was just going off the idea of a coach telling me tomorrow, "Hey, we need you to run 40 tonight." I figure, one of the most frequent things I hear from former star D1 players in their rookie years is how it's tough to acclimate themselves to the speed of the NBA game. And then there's guys like Andre Drummond who at this point of the season is still struggling to run up and down the floor at NBA speed without becoming exhausted.

I do like to consider myself to be in pretty good shape, I just know running an NBA game is different than most other ball we've ever played. I had a taste of uptempo during a tryout in the IBL, a league with a 20 second shotclock and other "quick" rules, and it was tough. Those things make a bigger difference than we think, even with the stoppages and time-outs and whatnot.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #44
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Better than Dwight.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #45
Budadiiii
Budadiiii

Budadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation here

Somewhere around 22 points on 53% shooting
7 boards
5 assists
3 turnovers
2 steals
1 block.

40 minutes is a long time to pad the stats a little, and I'm way above average in terms of athleticism and instincts.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: