Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #31
Waking_Life
El Fuego Del Saber

Waking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableWaking_Life is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why the **** do Laker games get blacked out in NY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree

you are posting in a thread from someone in NYC that wants to watch the Lakers.
Please, tell me more obvious things.

Seems they are intedesting to you.
Waking_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #32
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

It's simple...territorial rules. Every team has a designated broadcast territory that they're allowed to televise on a local/regional basis. For the Lakers, their designated territory is Southern California, Las Vegas, and Hawaii. To see those non-nationally televised Lakers games in New York or elsewhere, you gotta get League Pass.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #33
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm in NY, why are they putting the network on in our area if we can't see Laker games? For Best of the Laker girls? Defense Weekly with MDA?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #34
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I'm in NY, why are they putting the network on in our area if we can't see Laker games? For Best of the Laker girls? Defense Weekly with MDA?

That's a damn good question...they're not the only ones with this problem. There are some systems outside of the New York City region carry the YES Network, but they can't show the Yankees or Nets games on that channel because of territorial restrictions.

It makes no sense to me that to carry a out-of-market sports network when the main attraction (live sports) is blacked-out. Not too many people give a shit about the filler programming.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #35
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I have the package for the soccer games (i'm in NY) and they make you buy a few channels, and the Laker channel is one but the games are blocked. It doesn't make any sense. PAY FOR THE LAKER CHANNEL! BUT DON'T WATCH LAKER GAMES!

Um....because they aren't allowed to compete with the Knicks or Nets for local market?

I actually didn't even know I had this channel, so thanks for that......but yeah, I'm surprised you are even questioning this. They obviously can't compete with other teams local markets. Can you imagine? Every team would be fighting to get in every market they could competing against each other. You can't have that.

TWC Sportsnet...here in NY it's like a bonus offering.....and if somehow we COULD see Lakers game, your cable bill would definitely go up.

Last edited by bagelred : 01-23-2013 at 09:59 PM.
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #36
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know if this helps but DTV shows each game on 4 channels if you have league pass.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: