Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Bynum and Maxiell on the move?

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...ons+%28Detroit +Pistons+Impact+-+MLive.com%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation
Default Re: Bynum and Maxiell on the move?

Both could be very solid back up players anywhere in the league. Hope we keep them. Losing them could speed up the development of Knight and Drummond, I guess that is a positive to take out of a bad situation>?
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I think almost every Pistons player is potentially always available in deals at this point
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

One guy I'd like us to go after is Marcus Thorton. He'd instantly become our best pure scorer and could be the Microwave Joe has been looking for for years. We have a lot of different combinations of guys, or even 1 for 1's that work out that wouldn't hurt us financially.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:40 AM   #5
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't want to get a player like Thorton. I doesn't turn the Pistons into contenders. I'd love to get some picks somehow. I think the draft is the way to build. I would also love to see Daye and Drummond get some more PT. Bynum and Maxiell do make sense on contending teams. They are good role players off the bench. We just need more than that right now. We really need to see where we're at with these young guys. I really don't like Frank's rotations and how he spreads the minutes. My only thought is they're showcasing a few people for trades potentially.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #6
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm sorry, but another combo guard is the last thing you guys need.

Pistons need to figure what they're going to do with Brandon Knight, who is not a starting caliber PG. Coach finally played him at his natural SG position tonight, and he dropped 30. The guy is a scorer, not a facilitator, and even Bynum, another combo guard, was able to drop 11 dimes, more than I think Knight has had in a single game all season.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:44 AM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I'm sorry, but another combo guard is the last thing you guys need.

Pistons need to figure what they're going to do with Brandon Knight, who is not a starting caliber PG. Coach finally played him at his natural SG position tonight, and he dropped 30. The guy is a scorer, not a facilitator, and even Bynum, another combo guard, was able to drop 11 dimes, more than I think Knight has had in a single game all season.

Right now there's rumors of Detroit taking a PG in the draft.... I really like Knight though. He can be a really good PG in this league. He's not big enough to play SG on a nightly basis. I agree, no more combo guards though.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #8
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

Well lets just say we have 3 positions locked in for our future and where we want this team to head...

PG - Knight
PF - Monroe
C - Drummond

I do think Singler is safe as a hustle guy of the bench moving forward too...

Outside of those players, no player is safe, in my opinion.

So when it comes draft time, I think we need to look at either a SG, or SF - two positions where we lack starter quality players...

Obviously Prince is an all-time Piston great and perhaps has one more year as a starter then will slip onto the bench as a mentor / glue type player who can cover multiple positions...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
Well lets just say we have 3 positions locked in for our future and where we want this team to head...

PG - Knight
PF - Monroe
C - Drummond

I do think Singler is safe as a hustle guy of the bench moving forward too...

Outside of those players, no player is safe, in my opinion.

So when it comes draft time, I think we need to look at either a SG, or SF - two positions where we lack starter quality players...

Obviously Prince is an all-time Piston great and perhaps has one more year as a starter then will slip onto the bench as a mentor / glue type player who can cover multiple positions...

I think Prince might be a guy that a contender could possibly want. He may want another chance at winning a championship again too. I do think we'll draft small this year. It's probably going to half to be the best player available though, whether it's PG, SG, or SF. Luckily there's quite a few good SF's this year in the draft. I've been keeping my eye on guys like Otto Porter, Anthony Bennett, James McAdoo, etc. I like Glenn Robinson III but he seems a little small for the position. He may have to play some SG in the NBA. I also think they're looking at Marcus Smart and Michael Carter-Williams. I think one thing that works in our favor is there's actually quite a few 7 footers and there's definitely more teams looking for a big guy, whereas we're locked in there. We'll be able to focus more on the other positions.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: