Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #16
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
there's seriously no way you should even consider the kindle over the nexus

Out of the 3-4 people that have just said something along these lines no one has provided me with a reason

Are you taking into account the things I have discussed with Rose?

I'll be getting the Amazon Kindle Fire 8.9" for $250 as opposed to the Nexus 7" for $200.

The only apps I really use are media apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) and social networking apps (FB, Twitter, Skype) with some games.

I also do a lot of e-reading through Kindle and although I know Nexus as the Kindle app, from what I've read there are more options through having the Kindle itself.

Considering that, would it be a tougher decision considering the Kindle 8.9" has slightly better display and better audio to go with a larger screen?

Or is the difference in user interface still make it a no questions asked decision even though I wouldn't necessarily be using the OS to its fullest capabilities like more tech savvy people would?

*edit* I'm playing around with a friend's Nexus 7 right now and I'm liking it very much

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 01-24-2013 at 12:49 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Out of the 3-4 people that have just said something along these lines no one has provided me with a reason

Are you taking into account the things I have discussed with Rose?

I'll be getting the Amazon Kindle Fire 8.9" for $250 as opposed to the Nexus 7" for $200.

The only apps I really use are media apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) and social networking apps (FB, Twitter, Skype) with some games.

I also do a lot of e-reading through Kindle and although I know Nexus as the Kindle app, from what I've read there are more options through having the Kindle itself.

Considering that, would it be a tougher decision considering the Kindle 8.9" has slightly better display and better audio to go with a larger screen?

Or is the difference in user interface still make it a no questions asked decision even though I wouldn't necessarily be using the OS to its fullest capabilities like more tech savvy people would?

*edit* I'm playing around with a friend's Nexus 7 right now and I'm liking it very much

Vanilla Android >> Amazon UI
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
Vanilla Android >> Amazon UI
Just toying around with the Nexus now I'm starting to think it might be better to just save the $50 I'd spend on the Fire 8.9" and get this. The Kindle app did everything I wanted it to and the app store was nice in that everything was centralized. The audio kind of bothered me though so I'd have to look for some kind of fix for that.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #19
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You'd benefit from the bigger screen since you do a lot of vid streaming e-reading.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #20
FatComputerNerd
Decent college freshman

FatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatComputerNerd is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've had my nexus 7 for a while now. Pre-ordered through Staples and was one of the first to get it.

Given that you can get the Kindle app there is really no competition, since Android has way more stuff you can do.

I use mine as a remote control for my XMBC media center which I'm pretty sure you can't do w/ a Kindle.
FatComputerNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: