Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I thought the topic is about about earl clark making some money...

how the heck did it get derailed to coaches?

It happens, lol. This was to be expected when 'antoni was hired
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Unless of course we lose Pau for some cap relief, and picks. I still think he can reel in a good future for the team. He's not completely done.

Then maybe we can keep Earl Clark for Midlevel money.

Mid Level Money???? Because he's having the first good season of his career.....so we should do a Luke Walton with the guy? If we go above 2 years at 3 million per then we have clearly lost our minds.

You should look at salaries of players in the NBA for comparison.
For example, Shane Battier is making just over 3 million for the next 2 seasons, same for Ray Allen......in fact 3-4 million has become the most common salary range for non-superstars.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #18
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think the Lakers have a Mid Level to use because they are over the tax threshold. It will be hard to keep him unless he has a thing for being a Laker
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #19
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
I don't think the Lakers have a Mid Level to use because they are over the tax threshold. It will be hard to keep him unless he has a thing for being a Laker

They could pay him whatever they want to since he's already on the team....but no, we can't get stupid in re-signing him for more than market value.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:56 AM   #20
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Mid Level Money???? Because he's having the first good season of his career.....so we should do a Luke Walton with the guy? If we go above 2 years at 3 million per then we have clearly lost our minds.

For example, Shane Battier is making just over 3 million for the next 2 seasons, same for Ray Allen......in fact 3-4 million has become the most common salary range for non-superstars.

Jordan hill got 4mil for what playing 18 good games for the lakers? Minny wanted to give him approx 6mil

Market decides the value... Supply & demand ....

If he keeps up the 10/10 for all yr ... Someone will pay bim 4/5 just because he is still under 25
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #21
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Jordan hill got 4mil for what playing 18 good games for the lakers? Minny wanted to give him approx 6mil

Market decides the value... Supply & demand ....

If he keeps up the 10/10 for all yr ... Someone will pay bim 4/5 just because he is still under 25

I don't see it happening for the reasons I gave, there is better, more proven talent at a lower cost, plus the realities of the cap are going to start hitting home. If I'm wrong feel free to call me on it
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Come on DK you know that most other GMs aren't as smart as Mitch. Too many times we've seen GM's, even Mitch, make that mistake of signing a player to a big deal after a good flash. I.e. Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic, Kwame Brown (3 times), Jerome James, Rashard Lewis, Juwan Howard.....

I am not saying he deserves it, I am saying he will get it though lol. See the difference? Its like a man at a strip club who asks for a private dance with a stripper just because she flashed him. After he pays his big money and he isn't satisfied, THEN he sees that it wasn't worth it.

Thats what Earl Clark is doing now. He's teasing us all. We have yet to see if he is the real deal, or if its a fluke.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #23
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Come on DK you know that most other GMs aren't as smart as Mitch. Too many times we've seen GM's, even Mitch, make that mistake of signing a player to a big deal after a good flash. I.e. Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic, Kwame Brown (3 times), Jerome James, Rashard Lewis, Juwan Howard.....

I am not saying he deserves it, I am saying he will get it though lol. See the difference? Its like a man at a strip club who asks for a private dance with a stripper just because she flashed him. After he pays his big money and he isn't satisfied, THEN he sees that it wasn't worth it.

Thats what Earl Clark is doing now. He's teasing us all. We have yet to see if he is the real deal, or if its a fluke.

Reminds me of a complete dumbass cop friend of mine who got divorced because he kept blowing his paycheck at strip clubs

But....seriously, I get your point but I also know that things have changed greatly with the new CBA and salaries across the board have been dropping like a brick. Take a look at the past offseason signings such as the ones I listed and understand that this is the way things are going to go. If I end up being wrong I will completely take the heat. Earl Clark has been great but had done absolutely nothing before this season.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Reminds me of a complete dumbass cop friend of mine who got divorced because he kept blowing his paycheck at strip clubs

But....seriously, I get your point but I also know that things have changed greatly with the new CBA and salaries across the board have been dropping like a brick. Take a look at the past offseason signings such as the ones I listed and understand that this is the way things are going to go. If I end up being wrong I will completely take the heat. Earl Clark has been great but had done absolutely nothing before this season.

I thought of that today. I doubt seeing "bad" contracts as there used to be prior to this new CBA. We could probably keep him at a maximum of 5 mill. I mean he's doing very well, putting up great numbers. But I don't see him as a cornerstone. Starter yes, cornerstone no.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: