Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #16
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,914
dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I thought the topic is about about earl clark making some money...

how the heck did it get derailed to coaches?

It happens, lol. This was to be expected when 'antoni was hired
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Unless of course we lose Pau for some cap relief, and picks. I still think he can reel in a good future for the team. He's not completely done.

Then maybe we can keep Earl Clark for Midlevel money.


Mid Level Money???? Because he's having the first good season of his career.....so we should do a Luke Walton with the guy? If we go above 2 years at 3 million per then we have clearly lost our minds.

You should look at salaries of players in the NBA for comparison.
For example, Shane Battier is making just over 3 million for the next 2 seasons, same for Ray Allen......in fact 3-4 million has become the most common salary range for non-superstars.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #18
daily
I rattle in 5-footers
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,273
daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

I don't think the Lakers have a Mid Level to use because they are over the tax threshold. It will be hard to keep him unless he has a thing for being a Laker
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #19
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
I don't think the Lakers have a Mid Level to use because they are over the tax threshold. It will be hard to keep him unless he has a thing for being a Laker

They could pay him whatever they want to since he's already on the team....but no, we can't get stupid in re-signing him for more than market value.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:56 AM   #20
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,058
Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Mid Level Money???? Because he's having the first good season of his career.....so we should do a Luke Walton with the guy? If we go above 2 years at 3 million per then we have clearly lost our minds.

You should look at salaries of players in the NBA for comparison.
For example, Shane Battier is making just over 3 million for the next 2 seasons, same for Ray Allen......in fact 3-4 million has become the most common salary range for non-superstars.

Jordan hill got 4mil for what playing 18 good games for the lakers? Minny wanted to give him approx 6mil

Market decides the value... Supply & demand ....

If he keeps up the 10/10 for all yr ... Someone will pay bim 4/5 just because he is still under 25
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #21
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Jordan hill got 4mil for what playing 18 good games for the lakers? Minny wanted to give him approx 6mil

Market decides the value... Supply & demand ....

If he keeps up the 10/10 for all yr ... Someone will pay bim 4/5 just because he is still under 25

I don't see it happening for the reasons I gave, there is better, more proven talent at a lower cost, plus the realities of the cap are going to start hitting home. If I'm wrong feel free to call me on it
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,936
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Mid Level Money???? Because he's having the first good season of his career.....so we should do a Luke Walton with the guy? If we go above 2 years at 3 million per then we have clearly lost our minds.

You should look at salaries of players in the NBA for comparison.
For example, Shane Battier is making just over 3 million for the next 2 seasons, same for Ray Allen......in fact 3-4 million has become the most common salary range for non-superstars.

Come on DK you know that most other GMs aren't as smart as Mitch. Too many times we've seen GM's, even Mitch, make that mistake of signing a player to a big deal after a good flash. I.e. Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic, Kwame Brown (3 times), Jerome James, Rashard Lewis, Juwan Howard.....

I am not saying he deserves it, I am saying he will get it though lol. See the difference? Its like a man at a strip club who asks for a private dance with a stripper just because she flashed him. After he pays his big money and he isn't satisfied, THEN he sees that it wasn't worth it.

Thats what Earl Clark is doing now. He's teasing us all. We have yet to see if he is the real deal, or if its a fluke.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #23
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Come on DK you know that most other GMs aren't as smart as Mitch. Too many times we've seen GM's, even Mitch, make that mistake of signing a player to a big deal after a good flash. I.e. Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic, Kwame Brown (3 times), Jerome James, Rashard Lewis, Juwan Howard.....

I am not saying he deserves it, I am saying he will get it though lol. See the difference? Its like a man at a strip club who asks for a private dance with a stripper just because she flashed him. After he pays his big money and he isn't satisfied, THEN he sees that it wasn't worth it.

Thats what Earl Clark is doing now. He's teasing us all. We have yet to see if he is the real deal, or if its a fluke.


Reminds me of a complete dumbass cop friend of mine who got divorced because he kept blowing his paycheck at strip clubs

But....seriously, I get your point but I also know that things have changed greatly with the new CBA and salaries across the board have been dropping like a brick. Take a look at the past offseason signings such as the ones I listed and understand that this is the way things are going to go. If I end up being wrong I will completely take the heat. Earl Clark has been great but had done absolutely nothing before this season.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,936
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Earl Clark a free agent after the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Reminds me of a complete dumbass cop friend of mine who got divorced because he kept blowing his paycheck at strip clubs

But....seriously, I get your point but I also know that things have changed greatly with the new CBA and salaries across the board have been dropping like a brick. Take a look at the past offseason signings such as the ones I listed and understand that this is the way things are going to go. If I end up being wrong I will completely take the heat. Earl Clark has been great but had done absolutely nothing before this season.

I thought of that today. I doubt seeing "bad" contracts as there used to be prior to this new CBA. We could probably keep him at a maximum of 5 mill. I mean he's doing very well, putting up great numbers. But I don't see him as a cornerstone. Starter yes, cornerstone no.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy