Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default Re: Avoiding Processed Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
This is a falsehood that people need to stop spreading. You can eat healthy and cheap, it just takes some effort and preparation. In college I was eating 4000 calories a day with at least 300g of protein every day on less than $200 a month.

Rice, tuna, potatoes, whole heads of lettuce, bananas, eggs, bulk chicken and pork, peanut butter, olive oil, milk, lean ground beef when it's on sale, etc etc. Spend the rest on a few different seasonings and you can eat very cleanly for very little money.

The problem is people are lazy and don't want to spend the time researching foods and recipes. They'd rather spend $5 at McDonalds for a bunch of junk.

Really? I have a hard time believing that. Why would you do that anyway? Unless you're Ronnie Coleman or something.

Last edited by QUIZZLE : 01-24-2013 at 02:29 PM.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Really? I have a hard time believing that. Why would do that anyway? Unless you're Ronnie Coleman or something.

That's the kind of diet Shaq should have been on. Would have leaned him out and made him more beastly throughout his career.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #18
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I don't believe HFCS, artificial sweeteners or any of that nonsense has any affect on your physique or weight loss.

As far as general health I haven't made up my mind.

That's incredibly ignorant....
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
That's incredibly ignorant....

I'm not going to post any pics here, but they are on this website if you want to look. I carry a lot of muscle and am very lean and I drink diet soda all the time, 4 or 5 cans per day.

"High" fructose corn syrup is 60/40 fructose/glucose, sugar is 50/50. There is nothing terrible or awful in HFCS that is not in sugar. The vast majority of calories in fruit come from fructose.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #20
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Really? I have a hard time believing that. Why would you do that anyway? Unless you're Ronnie Coleman or something.

Bulking/bodybuilding.

Protein shake = 60
Pound of chicken breast = 100
4 eggs w/ ham = 50
Peanut butter on toast = ~15-20
Almonds = 10-15
1 cup cottage cheese every night = 25
A few glasses of milk throughout the day = 25

etc.

I weighed 235 at my biggest and was eating even more than that for a little while but I found that extremely uncomfortable. I am down to around 175 now and feel much better, I also don't eat nearly as much.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #21
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Bulking/bodybuilding.

Protein shake = 60
Pound of chicken breast = 100
4 eggs w/ ham = 50
Peanut butter on toast = ~15-20
Almonds = 10-15
1 cup cottage cheese every night = 25
A few glasses of milk throughout the day = 25

etc.

I weighed 235 at my biggest and was eating even more than that for a little while but I found that extremely uncomfortable. I am down to around 175 now and feel much better, I also don't eat nearly as much.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:42 PM   #22
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Just look at history. In the early 1900s and before that cancer, obesity, heart disease, diabetes was rare. Now it is very common. What is the difference? The food. Eating things that are not natural will produce unnatural and unhealthy effects. It makes sense. You don't need to be a historian or doctor to know this.
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
Just look at history. In the early 1900s and before that cancer, obesity, heart disease, diabetes was rare. Now it is very common. What is the difference? The food. Eating things that are not natural will produce unnatural and unhealthy effects. It makes sense. You don't need to be a historian or doctor to know this.

This. But it's not as easy as just stop eating fast food because all the food grown and raised is genetically modified and not natural anymore. It's gone from private and small farmers to corporations taking over and introducing their greedy tactics to raise as much profit as possible. I'm not an expert on the subject but I've read and watched a few documentaries and it's sad what has happened.. Corporations buying out individual farmers and then turning the farm into a factory basically.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #24
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I'm not going to post any pics here, but they are on this website if you want to look. I carry a lot of muscle and am very lean and I drink diet soda all the time, 4 or 5 cans per day.

"High" fructose corn syrup is 60/40 fructose/glucose, sugar is 50/50. There is nothing terrible or awful in HFCS that is not in sugar. The vast majority of calories in fruit come from fructose.

Yeah, you drink DIET soda. Sugar/HFCS is incredibly bad for you. Fruit generally has sugar in lesser amounts than processed food like soda and it has other benefits like fiber and vitamins. Why don't you switch to 4-5 cans of regular soda and see what happens. Hint: You'd become diabetic. Thats like eating a tub of ice cream worth of sugar everyday.

Last edited by eliteballer : 01-24-2013 at 07:40 PM.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #25
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Gluten free is the way to be.
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #26
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Guys who are busy...

Use crockpot and slow cook on weekdays

Take few hrs subday
Keep chicken marinated in ziplock bags
Boil rice
Bake sweet potatoes
Prepare tuna
Thaw meat
Prepare frozen veggies (pref broc kale asparagus)
Hardboil eggs

Fruits oats nuts eggqhites and seeds are available

Put in Tupperware one protein one veg and one starch
Reheat

Consider intermittent fasting
Voila. Cheap quick and leaves you in better physical condition than 98 percent of America. Only guys who trump u are raw vegan grass fed beef eating hybrids but they take hits to their wallet
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #27
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

I can't cook.

And I'm kinda broke.

Frozen pizza or a frozen burrito is a daily thing for me. Is this horrible for me?
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #28
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Yeah, you drink DIET soda. Sugar/HFCS is incredibly bad for you. Fruit generally has sugar in lesser amounts than processed food like soda and it has other benefits like fiber and vitamins. Why don't you switch to 4-5 cans of regular soda and see what happens. Hint: You'd become diabetic. Thats like eating a tub of ice cream worth of sugar everyday.
If drinking 4-5 cans of regular soda a day caused diabetes, then the world would be littered with type 2 diabetics.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #29
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

There's over 300 million cases of diabetes worldwide not to mention undiagnosed cases

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 01-24-2013 at 11:25 PM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #30
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

So, you're saying I shouldn't be eating a tub of ice cream everyday?
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: