Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #31
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: After Deron's stellar play this season, would you take him over Paul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
if all goes well and both players are healthy for the rest of their respective careers, only a fool could take deron over paul.
The margin isn't as big as you think.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #32
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: After Deron's stellar play this season, would you take him over Paul?

Quote:
chris paul plays out of his mind when he's healthy, and he plays with a worse supporting cast.

if all goes well and both players are healthy for the rest of their respective careers, only a fool could take deron over paul. no doubt, deron is sick in his own right.. but paul is kidd-like and you just dont pass on a player like that.

I think Deron would be better to put next to another star because he doesnt
need the rock at all times to be effective.

Paul can make a bad team good. But I think would struggle making good teams a lot better.

Deron can make good teams great.

Out of all the top teams in the league I think Deron is a better fit.

Suns
Dallas
Spurs
Lakers
Rockets
Heat
Pistons
Cavs
Heat
Wizards

Chris Paul needs the ball to be great, but if im trying to win a championship thats not how i want my team built. I just think Deron is a better player than Paul and have been saying it since last year.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #33
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

younggrease you make a good point. but i dont think we can jump to that conclusion until we see chris paul on a good team. deron has a great supporting cast.. a mix of shooters, bigmen, and defenders. chris paul has ... peja.

its much harder to make a bad team good then to make a good team great. hell, even antoine walker and oldass payton helped make miami great.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #34
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
paul is kidd-like

Paul is kidd like? How? oh you mean his build? Or his great passing? He had a wife named Joumana? Excellent rebounder? which trait possibly makes you think he is Kidd like? Deron is much more Kidd like.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #35
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

ability to make a shltty team into a good team.

only thing deron and kidd have in common is build and jumpshot.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #36
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
After this season? I would've taken Deron since Nov. 29, 2004
Im pretty sure thats the day that Deron Williams and Illinois sh!t all over Chirs Paul and Wake Forest and got the #1 spot for the rest of the season. They were first in the rankings before that game and we were 3rd. Good times.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #37
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
younggrease you make a good point. but i dont think we can jump to that conclusion until we see chris paul on a good team. deron has a great supporting cast.. a mix of shooters, bigmen, and defenders. chris paul has ... peja.

its much harder to make a bad team good then to make a good team great. hell, even antoine walker and oldass payton helped make miami great.

i disagree, but also which one is more important????
Old 02-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #38
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Daaaaang! What a coincidence. I come here to find this thread (although it was started before Hollingers chat where at least 3 questions regarding this were asked a few moments ago).

Jon (Salt Lake City, Utah): What do you think of Deron Williams this season do you think that Chris Paul is still far and away better then Williams or is it much closer then what it appeared to be last season?

John Hollinger: (2:27 PM ET ) Yes to both -- Paul is still clearly better, but Williams has closed some of the gap.

Jake (Bountiful, UT): John, your killing me... Chris Paul is clearly better than Williams? Williams is a way better shooter, bigger, stronger....Do you want me to keep going?

John Hollinger: (2:32 PM ET ) Then why does Paul have more points, rebounds, steals, etc. ... Look, I get questions like this from Utah every week. Williams is having a fine year and established himself as one of the best young guards in the league ... just leave it at that. Utah folks need to get Chris Paul out of their heads and move on.

Mitch (Salt Lake City): Whose better between Williams and Paul just look at the standings and that should answer that debate.

John Hollinger: (2:48 PM ET ) By the same logic, Anthony Parker is better than Dwyane Wade. Try again.

Enjoy both of them. They will be good for the league for years to come.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #39
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead

John Hollinger: (2:32 PM ET ) Then why does Paul have more points, rebounds, steals, etc.

Dude is a retard man. Paul is better at stealing the ball and thats about all he has on deron stat wise. Paul is the number 1 guy Hollinger, whereas Deron is the 3rd option on offense and the 5th option for rebounds. Jazz fans know Boozer doesn't let anyone get his rebounds.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #40
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
Dude is a retard man. Paul is better at stealing the ball and thats about all he has on deron stat wise. Paul is the number 1 guy Hollinger. Jeez your dumb.
Jazz fans need to calm down about Paul lol that comparison will always be there I'd say most of the fans on the internet think Deron is better but they still feel victimized when someone says Paul is better
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #41
Younggrease
Banned

[quote=Copperhead]
John Hollinger: (2:32 PM ET ) Then why does Paul have more points, rebounds, steals, etc. ... Look, I get questions like this from Utah every week. Williams is having a fine year and established himself as one of the best young guards in the league ... just leave it at that. Utah folks need to get Chris Paul out of their heads and move on.

QUOTE]

Because Deron plays in Utah's system where the pg does not dominate the ball. The Hornets just give it to Chris Paul and let him free style. Chris Pauls performance in the World's said a lot about his game to me, i dont care what you post about assits or whatever, when surrounded with great talent his flaws became apparent. His lack of jumper kills spacing for other great players making him a liability when he didnt have the ball, and his defense is sub par. He also has a bad temper and doesnt stay cool under pressure

Isnt Hollinger the guy that said Paul's as a rookie was better than MAgic Johnson as a rookie???
Old 02-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #42
Copperhead
Local High School Star

I can't believe people are still talking about Paul's size. How long did it take for people to stop talking about A.I.'s size?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #43
Copperhead
Local High School Star

[quote=Younggrease]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead

QUOTE]

Because Deron plays in Utah's system where the pg does not dominate the ball. The Hornets just give it to Chris Paul and let him free style. Chris Pauls performance in the World's said a lot about his game to me, i dont care what you post about assits or whatever, when surrounded with great talent his flaws became apparent. His lack of jumper kills spacing for other great players making him a liability when he didnt have the ball, and his defense is sub par. He also has a bad temper and doesnt stay cool under pressure

Well it's too bad you chose to judge him on those games. Bosh didn't do too well in those games either but we know he's better than that. And you're wrong about his "temper". I guess the hit on Julius Hodge must've formed your opinion about him huh? Doesn't stay cool under pressure? It's apparent you don't watch him often.

Last edited by Copperhead : 02-05-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #44
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
Jazz fans need to calm down about Paul lol that comparison will always be there I'd say most of the fans on the internet think Deron is better but they still feel victimized when someone says Paul is better

And this will always keep Deron thinking he has something to prove. He will play Paul hard whenever they meet because of all the Williams/Paul comparisons. He will always want to have the best games of his life against Paul.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #45
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Deron by wide margin. He has a much better body, and is a pass first PG.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: