Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #46
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Default Re: After Deron's stellar play this season, would you take him over Paul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Deron by wide margin. He has a much better body, and is a pass first PG.

And Paul isn't? I mean it's ok if you like Deron's much better body but this is the main thing that has always been said about Paul. If you don't think Paul's a pass first PG, you haven't watched him.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #47
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Default Re: After Deron's stellar play this season, would you take him over Paul?

good comparison IMO for careers

Deron=Kidd

Paul=Payton

Deron had 21 assists sorry but i just dont see paul doing that.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:08 PM   #48
yobore
Great college starter

I'll say for now Deron = Kidd Paul = Marbury to appease the Jazz fans and drop the conversation. Their play will speak for itself.

Last edited by yobore : 02-05-2007 at 05:33 PM.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #49
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets

Deron=Kidd

Paul=Payton

ROFLOL! Are you serious? You don't see Paul doing that? 21 assists is just 3 more than Paul's career/season high. When Paul had 18 assists, it was accompanied by a triple double (25pts, 18assist, 11rebs, 5stls). The only bad thing was his 7tos that night. The night Paul went down with that ankle injury, he had 7 assists in the first 10minutes of the 1st quarter (some guys get 7 during the entire game, not just the 1st 10 minutes). There's no telling how many he would've ended up with that evening. Imagine 7 during each quarter.

Last edited by Copperhead : 02-05-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #50
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
I'll say for now Deron = Kidd Paul = Marbury to appease the Jazz fans and drop the conversation. They're play will speak for itself.

Yea, I'm thru with this thread.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #51
cyco127
Local High School Star

How many other second year players have had a two game(consecutively)total of 36 assist to ONE turnover???

I like Paul(cause he went to Wake), but Deron's been a freakin' stud this season...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:54 PM   #52
vert48
Can You?

Quote:

Deron=Kidd

Paul=Payton

Exactly. Paul is a drive and dish guy. Not my preference for a point.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:56 PM   #53
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:

Deron=Kidd

Paul=Payton

I'm about as big of a Deron fan there is (Kidd as well), but lets not go there yet. Deron will need more seasons like this under his belt, as well as Paul, before this comparison.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:03 PM   #54
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I'm about as big of a Deron fan there is (Kidd as well), but lets not go there yet. Deron will need more seasons like this under his belt, as well as Paul, before this comparison.
He is not saying that Deron and Paul are as good as Kidd and Payton. He is equating their playing styles.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #55
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
He is not saying that Deron and Paul are as good as Kidd and Payton. He is equating their playing styles.
Well I'm not exactly sure if I see the connection. Deron wore 5 in college cause Kidd is his favorite player, so I see that connection but Paul and Payton? Not exactly sure if he reminds me of Paul. Seems more of a Kevin Johnson type than Payton if you ask me.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #56
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
deron has a great supporting cast.. a mix of shooters, bigmen, and defenders. chris paul has ... peja.

The jazz have shooters?! Wow, i thought the Jazz's biggest weakness was at the SG position. The jazz have defenders too?! Where have they been? Isn't it the jazz who have given up 50 point games to about 5 different people this season? And the jazz don't have any real "big men." They have Memo who stays on the perimeter, and they have boozer as a PF. Those guys aren't exactly major threats in the paint. So yeah, that argument is way off.

You would see how important deron is to the jazz if you watched a jazz game. Watch how the jazz play when deron is playing and when he is not playing, they are a completely different team. Thats why i don't agree with people saying that CP3 is more important to the hornets than deron is to the jazz.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #57
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Well I'm not exactly sure if I see the connection. Deron wore 5 in college cause Kidd is his favorite player, so I see that connection but Paul and Payton? Not exactly sure if he reminds me of Paul. Seems more of a Kevin Johnson type than Payton if you ask me.
I can see that. Paul is a lot like Kevin Johnson. No one would ever accuse KJ of being a pass first point though. Different styles for different people and systems I guess.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:42 PM   #58
Darius
Good college starter

Hard decision... I'd still go with Paul at this point though... I am kind of waiting to see what he could do with a healthy team.

Oh and Jazz fans might be the biggest homers on the board.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #59
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Hard decision... I'd still go with Paul at this point though... I am kind of waiting to see what he could do with a healthy team.

Where are you hanging out on this board? Seriously there are like 7 regular jazz posters and about 5 of them are realistic and smart. There are a lot bigger homer fans on this board.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #60
cyco127
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius

Sure, behind Laker fans, Knicks fans, Houston fans...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: