Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ESPN Spin On Lance Armstrong Cheating - "He's like Robin Hood".

Essentially ESPN has decided that Lance Armstrong did what he did in order to benefit mankind, he didn't cheat for himself, to win, for the fame and the money and the hot women, he cheated specifically to make his cancer charity (which provides money for eduction btw, not research. What does that mean exactly). Lance is a modern day robin hood. Everything he did was to cure cancer. NEver for himself.

I'm both impressed and horrified by this spin. If it becomes a mainstream story i'll be both even more.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN Spin On Lance Armstrong Cheating - "He's like Robin Hood".

I haven't seen the Oprah thing yet

is this the same "spin" that Lance himself is claiming?

you know, if his little escapade did result in $millions toward cancer research then I guess I am glad it happened...I really don't care about the Tour de France and who wins

in fact, I can't even name another person who has won it other than Lance...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I haven't seen the Oprah thing yet

is this the same "spin" that Lance himself is claiming?

you know, if his little escapade did result in $millions toward cancer research then I guess I am glad it happened...I really don't care about the Tour de France and who wins

in fact, I can't even name another person who has won it other than Lance...
Probably because they've all been busted for doping and don't really have a winner
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Essentially ESPN has decided that Lance Armstrong did what he did in order to benefit mankind, he didn't cheat for himself, to win, for the fame and the money and the hot women, he cheated specifically to make his cancer charity (which provides money for eduction btw, not research. What does that mean exactly). Lance is a modern day robin hood. Everything he did was to cure cancer. NEver for himself.

I'm both impressed and horrified by this spin. If it becomes a mainstream story i'll be both even more.

That's a bit misleading. Currently yes, but they used to provide money for research and so did Lance.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When discussed on First Take Champion asked if he could be called that but Bayless and Smith both disagreed. I'm not sure ESPN is behind him.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
When discussed on First Take Champion asked if he could be called that but Bayless and Smith both disagreed. I'm not sure ESPN is behind him.
This is true, there is not real unified ESPN spin per se (not like LEBRON IS GOD) or anything. I've heard this brought up as a discussion point though on more than one show today. It's a ludicrous notion to me.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

F*ck Lance Armstrong directly in his mouth.

F*ck ESPN if they're helping this fart stain spin his bullshit.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
This is true, there is not real unified ESPN spin per se (not like LEBRON IS GOD) or anything. I've heard this brought up as a discussion point though on more than one show today. It's a ludicrous notion to me.
They probably just want to ride the controversy to ratings. He's lied too many times, too aggressively and attacked too many people based on his lies to rehabilitate his image with the general public and the ESPN reporters are some of the main people he's lied to. Some of them have to be carrying a grudge. ESPN doesn't need his good will while he does need theirs so they don't have to be nice.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he cheated in a sport where cheating via blood doping has been rampant since the 19teens? IDGAF.

He did lots of good for cancer research and thats the only real thing that matters.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
Derka
Go C's!

Derka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation hereDerka has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
he cheated in a sport where cheating via blood doping has been rampant since the 19teens? IDGAF.

He did lots of good for cancer research and thats the only real thing that matters.

Of course.

The hundreds of lives he destroyed by perpetrating his lie via bullying tactics, physical and verbal threats, protracted lawsuits and the like...no big deal at all. People's careers destroyed, their livelihoods ended, their families financially ruined...whatevs, he got cancer some money and is himself sitting on more money than he'll ever spend so no big whup!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

What about the fact that he didn't even deny the allegations but took an attitude of "how dare you question me, how could you even suggest such a thing?" and not mention...his victory speech after winning the 7th.. looking back now is a sure face palm.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #12
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
Of course.

The hundreds of lives he destroyed by perpetrating his lie via bullying tactics, physical and verbal threats, protracted lawsuits and the like...no big deal at all. People's careers destroyed, their livelihoods ended, their families financially ruined...whatevs, he got cancer some money and is himself sitting on more money than he'll ever spend so no big whup!
hundreds of lives he destroyed?

come on...

cancer research >>>>>>>>>>
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #13
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Of course.

hundreds of lives my ass dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
What about the fact that he didn't even deny the allegations but took an attitude of "how dare you question me, how could you even suggest such a thing?" and not mention...his victory speech after winning the 7th.. looking back now is a sure face palm.

I don't care about corrupt people in a corrupt sport.

Just how I don't care that baseball and NFL players use roids. People have been cheating with blood doping since the early 1900s.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
Derka
Go C's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
hundreds of lives he destroyed?

come on...

cancer research >>>>>>>>>>

Pathetic reasoning. Jerry Sandusky ran a charity that helped a lot more boys than he was able to get his dick into, and continues to help them. I don't hear anyone giving him a free pass.

Lance Armstrong is a vile human who should be shot at the next sunrise.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Pathetic reasoning. Jerry Sandusky ran a charity that helped a lot more boys than he was able to get his dick into, and continues to help them. I don't hear anyone giving him a free pass.

Lance Armstrong is a vile human who should be shot at the next sunrise.
you're comparing cheating in sports to child rape

wtf...get a grip on what is important and what isn't
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: