Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default WTF, how is Wiz Khalifa so popular?

I hadn't really listened to the dude since "History in the making" and i thought he was just ok back then. Well after watching him at last year's cochella, i decided that to check him out more on youtube. Song after song was nothing but him talking about how much money he has and his success.

I guess i was expecting something half unique, sort of how Kid Cudi has his own thing, and while i'm not his biggest fan, i can see the appeal (and Crookers mix of Day and Night is dope), but Wiz is damn near garbage. Its Lil Wayne type of mediocre all over again.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Budadiiii
Simon Wayne Gretzky

Budadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: WTF, how is Wiz Khalifa so popular?

Because he's likable and makes weed/party music that a lot of teenagers listen to? I personally hate the guys music but he seems like a well rounded dude and I can definitely see why he's famous.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #3
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Better than lil, for sure.
I kind of like some songs of his. Fly solo and homicide are quite good.
CeltsGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

people like marijuana. his style is pretty unique, certainly much more unique than the generic and nostalgic boom bap u post here
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I love marijuana, and none of his songs are what i would want to hear while high. Kid Cudi is good for smoking, Wiz may be marketed as weed tunes, but its anything but. In a lot of songs he just talks about the basic pop rap 101 shit of money, cars, and girls.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #6
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
people like marijuana. his style is pretty unique, certainly much more unique than the generic and nostalgic boom bap u post here

Nothing unique about rapping about cars, girls, and money. You're the last person on here to educate anyone on rap music. Don't you like 2 Chainz and Asap Rocky?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
Budadiiii
Simon Wayne Gretzky

Budadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I love marijuana, and none of his songs are what i would want to hear while high. Kid Cudi is good for smoking, Wiz may be marketed as weed tunes, but its anything but. In a lot of songs he just talks about the basic pop rap 101 shit of money, cars, and girls.
So your personal preference means something? Millions of people disagree, which is why he's famous. You're 1 person and you say you don't enjoy his music while high as if that validates some sort of point you're trying to get across? Think before you post son.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i simply suggest u take the backpack off, and start over with rap

just trust me
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

props to him on Amber Rose...she is good stuff

or WAS good stuff before he knocked her up
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Generic ass rapper, adds nothing to the genre. I don't get it either.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #11
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
So your personal preference means something? Millions of people disagree, which is why he's famous. You're 1 person and you say you don't enjoy his music while high as if that validates some sort of point you're trying to get across? Think before you post son.

Cars, money, hoes. Its pop music disguised as rap music, when its anything but. I'm just surprised people are still eating up the same message over and over. People want to say he's popular because weed is popuiar, and i'm saying nothing about his popularity correlates to weed. Think before you tell someone else to do so. I'm not mindlessly bashing him; i said i was curious what he sounded like today, and all the songs were money, cars, hoes, which surprised me because so many have talked about him like he was more than a pop artist.

I see many even compare the dude to Snoop Dogg. He couldn't hold a candle to current Snoop, let alone Snoop back in the day.

@Al Thornton. Wiz is what the back packers are listening to, that and everything else you promote . They aren't listening to anyone not talking about money and ballin.

Last edited by Loneshot : 01-25-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #12
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Better than lil, for sure.
I kind of like some songs of his. Fly solo and homicide are quite good.
Homicide is my shit
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #13
Budadiiii
Simon Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Generic ass rapper, adds nothing to the genre. I don't get it either.
What don't you get? How a guy can get famous with the assistance of technology? We live in an age where someone like Rebecca Black can get famous. Why is it so hard to believe that a dude who pushed his luck and made likeable music became famous? come on. Some of you just don't have any sort of brain power.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #14
Budadiiii
Simon Wayne Gretzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Cars, money, hoes. Its pop music disguised as rap music, when its anything but. I'm just surprised people are still eating up the same message over and over. People want to say he's popular because weed is popuiar, and i'm saying nothing about his popularity correlates to weed. Think before you tell someone else to do so. I'm not mindlessly bashing him; i said i was curious what he sounded like today, and all the songs were money, cars, hoes, which surprised me because so many have talked about him like he was more than a pop artist.

I see many even compare the dude to Snoop Dogg. He couldn't hold a candle to current Snoop, let alone Snoop back in the day.
You asked why he was so popular and it's easy to see why he is. And you answered your own question. It is pop disguised as rap. pop is short for popular. Is it registering with you yet or do I need to explain further?
Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
What don't you get? How a guy can get famous with the assistance of technology? We live in an age where someone like Rebecca Black can get famous. Why is it so hard to believe that a dude who pushed his luck and made likeable music became famous? come on. Some of you just don't have any sort of brain power.
Rebecca Black got famous for sucking though...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: