Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
GreatGreg
College star

Default Opinion: Should Jimmy Butler start at the 2 when Deng is back?

He's been doing great for us thus far in Deng's absence. Who thinks that he should get moved to the two when Deng is back?
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Default Re: Opinion: Should Jimmy Butler start at the 2 when Deng is back?

No, based solely on his jumpshot. Next year when he's worked on it for another summer? Maybe.

But he should definitely start getting more minutes. Let Rip start, get the offense going because they seem to really like to get up on teams in the first few minutes with Rip. Bring in Jimmy then give Deng rest, move Jimmy to the 3 and bring in Belly/Rip. I think Rip could transition into being the guy who works with the bench, to keep them organized on offense and be the guy who takes the bailout shots. Like how Deng has generally been that guy in the Thibs era.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #3
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

Nah, he should just get minutes from the bench. Jimmy, Nate and Taj off the bench is awesome
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #4
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Slow down.

Damn, it's like you just had your first kiss, and now you want to f*** every moving object.

In due time, Jimmy could very well be the long-term SG solution we have hoped for. But I'm still weary, we have been burned a few times by strong short-run performances. Salmons was better than Jimmy, then he disappeared. Belinelli had a strong string of games, then he went out of control on us.

A few games makes a player not. But I'm still excited to see how high his ceiling is. :)
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:47 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

I wouldn't be upset if it happened, but i don't see Thibs making that move.

Jimmy can very well be our starting two guard of the future, but I would hope that he could develop a more consistent jump shot as well as extend his range. He's shown flashes of course, but I don't know if he can be consistent enough to deserve to be the full-time starter. He may be a year or two away.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
Rose
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
No, based solely on his jumpshot. Next year when he's worked on it for another summer? Maybe.

But he should definitely start getting more minutes. Let Rip start, get the offense going because they seem to really like to get up on teams in the first few minutes with Rip. Bring in Jimmy then give Deng rest, move Jimmy to the 3 and bring in Belly/Rip. I think Rip could transition into being the guy who works with the bench, to keep them organized on offense and be the guy who takes the bailout shots. Like how Deng has generally been that guy in the Thibs era.
Worked pretty darn well tonight.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
idizzle
Good college starter

I think he should play the 2. The Bulls are most likely not going to pick up the 3rd year on Rip's contract and plus they have been trying to trade him this season. Once the offseason comes he can work on that jumpshot and start with D-Rose in the backcourt next season. Jimmy and Belineli are both actuallt scoring 15.3ppg as starters but Jimmy grabs more rebounds and dishes out more assist than Belineli. The only think that Belineli has is a higher FG and 3PT percent than Jimmy. Belineli could backup Deng. Rose took Jimmy under his wing after he got drafted and they worked out together and thats something that can could really help them establish the backcourt.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: