Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation
Default Players better than Dwight Howard

Yesterday i made the apparantly absurd comment that the following players are better than Dwight Howard, some Isher's (well almost all of them) were a bit dismayed and shocked at my list. I for one just dont see it, Dwight is a great defensive force/rebounder but the man is severely limited on offense, he cant create his own shot no moves, makes many mental mistakes, but even against quality big man he can be beat man to man.

I was told that i am literally the only person who thinks like this and that i should commit suicide. So i was hoping for some input on this because i doubt im the only who feels this way.
I dont know, im not some irrational hater but I just dont see it with him.

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Tim Duncan
Paul Pierce
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Al Jefferson
Deron Williams
Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Manu Ginobili
Steve Nash
Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anthony

Updated to the list:

Marc Gasol
Demarcus Cousins
Zach Randolph
Stephen Curry
Derrick Rose
Blake Griffin
James Harden
Tony Parker
Russel Westbrook
Tyson Chandler
Kevin Love
Joachim Noah

Last edited by Horde of Temujin : 01-22-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
PHILA
Decent college freshman

PHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Players better than Dwight Howard

PHILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
treeztuhn
I brick open layups

treeztuhn has decent reputation

chris paul will outrebound dwigt for sure...
treeztuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeztuhn
chris paul will outrebound dwigt for sure...

ok.....
Old 09-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Better skill wise? Tons

Better impact wise? Very few.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #6
olddangerfield
Banned

olddangerfield has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
Yesterday i made the apparantly absurd comment that the following players are better than Dwight Howard, some Isher's (well almost all of them) were a bit dismayed and shocked at my list. I for one just dont see it, Dwight is a great defensive force/rebounder but the man is severely limited on offense, he cant create his own shot no moves, makes many mental mistakes, but even against quality big man he can be beat man to man.

I was told that i am literally the only person who thinks like this and that i should commit suicide. So i was hoping for some input on this because i doubt im the only who feels this way.

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul

Carmelo Anthony

fixed
olddangerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
treeztuhn
I brick open layups

treeztuhn has decent reputation

Quote:
ok.....
but why compare dwight to other players with other position???
treeztuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
Nelson14
Another All Star Year

Nelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation hereNelson14 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Tim Duncan
Paul Pierce
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Al Jefferson
Deron Williams
Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Manu Ginobili
Steve Nash
Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anthony

Dwight Howard is a franchise player, and the best center in the league. He is a super star and players like kobe, wade, lebron and maybe durant and dirk are at his level. You cannot build a team around, roy, melo, nash, manu, pau, deron, al, and crhis and succeed like you can with dwight. He is your defensive anchor, and rebounding monster, as soon as he steps on the floor other teams completely change their offense. Now allot of those guys are much better scorers than dwight, and pau and al both have much better post moves but overall i put dwight ahead of them
Nelson14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson14
Dwight Howard is a franchise player, and the best center in the league. He is a super star and players like kobe, wade, lebron and maybe durant and dirk are at his level. You cannot build a team around, roy, melo, nash, manu, pau, deron, al, and crhis and succeed like you can with dwight. He is your defensive anchor, and rebounding monster, as soon as he steps on the floor other teams completely change their offense. Now allot of those guys are much better scorers than dwight, and pau and al both have much better post moves but overall i put dwight ahead of them

Good point, thanks for the input
Old 09-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #10
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Tim Duncan
Paul Pierce
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Al Jefferson
Deron Williams

Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Manu Ginobili
Steve Nash
Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anthony

As a Jazz fan let me save you some time Deron Williams isn't better then Dwight Howard.

And Al Jefferson isn't better then Dwight ( Until next season hopefully)

Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #11
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
As a Jazz fan let me save you some time Deron Williams isn't better then Dwight Howard.

And Al Jefferson isn't better then Dwight ( Until next season hopefully)

D. Will's the man and Its a shame Al got injured he was on a tear and improving so much, as horrible a GM Mchale was i feel with his tutelage Jefferson was getting a lot better. We'll see if Hakeem has a better impact than Ewing. THe Jazz are definitely looking good for next year, i feel this is their best team since Stockton/Malone.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
D. Will's the man and Its a shame Al got injured he was on a tear and improving so much, as horrible a GM Mchale was i feel with his tutelage Jefferson was getting a lot better. We'll see if Hakeem has a better impact than Ewing. THe Jazz are definitely looking good for next year, i feel this is their best team since Stockton/Malone.

Actually AL Jefferson's production increased every month last season by March he was back to averaging 19-10.

He said he was only about 85% at the end of the season and he's back to 100% now he said.

But yea.

That's why I'm glad Utah didn't actually draft Jefferson. He was a natural post scorer with a lot of moves in his arsenal on Boston. But he became a much better player since He would seek out Mchale after nearly every game to learn something new from him which made him into the post player he is today.

I could write a book about everything I hate that Deron does in games.

Glad to see someone else who realizes how good Al Jefferson is as a player.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
Andrei89
Yes We Did

Andrei89 has decent reputation

Om not fking RG again lol!
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

j3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected poster

Dwight took an equal supporting cast(if not equal then barely better) Bosh had last year to the '09 finals... that's their difference in impact put into perspective.
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #15
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Yesterday i made the apparantly absurd comment that the following players are better than Dwight Howard........

Lebron James
Kevin Durant
Dwayne Wade
Tim Duncan
Paul Pierce
Kobe Bryant
Chris Paul
Al Jefferson
Deron Williams
Pau Gasol
Dirk Nowitzki
Manu Ginobili
Steve Nash
Brandon Roy
Carmelo Anthony
If you are talking in terms of skill and/or hoops IQ only then sure. If you mean productivity and impact on the floor then you're being ridiculous.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: