Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #31
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Basketball Reference finally updated the NBA Finals Stats Boxscores from 1950 to 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Kobe was also great in 4th quarters/overtime. Here's something I put together (not to pimp my own thread, but there are some interesting numbers):

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=276043
Nice. And he was more efficient too (01 & 02).
In 2000 Shaq carried the load, 201 4th quarter points to 107 for Kobe. Didn't 00 Shaq have the highest 4 quarter ppg in a championship run, or top 5? I think I saw that stat somewhere, it had 95 and 00 Shaq, some Jordan, and 11 Dirk.
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #32
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Basketball Reference finally updated the NBA Finals Stats Boxscores from 1950 to 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
Nice. And he was more efficient too (01 & 02).
In 2000 Shaq carried the load, 201 4th quarter points to 107 for Kobe. Didn't 00 Shaq have the highest 4 quarter ppg in a championship run, or top 5? I think I saw that stat somewhere, it had 95 and 00 Shaq, some Jordan, and 11 Dirk.

Not sure. Videos of all the post-merger Finals are available online, but complete play-by-play data only goes back to the late 90s (96-97 is the first season), so I don't know how that could be verified.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #33
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic 32
Kobe is the greatest performer in WCF history. 7-1 record and not one dud as a starter.
He might be. His 4 best series:
'01- 33/7/7 on 57TS
'08- 29/6/4 on 58TS
'09- 34/6/6 on 63TS
'10- 34/7/7 on 64TS

Magic Johnson is probably his best competition. 9-1 in WCF.
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #34
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star

ThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlip
This is what some of us have been trying to tell the "Russell could not score" crowd for a while. It was not his primary job to score, but when the team called on him to do so, he did. He even owns the Finals record for fg% which is 70.2% which was set in 1965. His ft% unlike many other poor shooting big men actually increased from the regular season to the playoffs to the Finals. He also led the Celtics in assists during a couple of those championship runs and owns almost every Finals rebounding record there is. At some point during his career he won a championship leading his team in every available stat other than ft%.

Comparison of Russell's 5 highest scoring Finals to some other all time greats

Russell
23.5ppg-1966
22.9ppg-1962
20.0ppg- 1963
17.8ppg- 1965
17.6ppg-1961

53.8% FG, 74% FT, 57.4% TS in '66
54.3% FG, 74.2% FT, 60.5% TS in '62
As already mentioned, a still-record 70.2% FG in '65

Yet people disparage Russell for his scoring and shooting, dismissing him from GOAT contention.
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: