Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #466
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Career Assists: Michael Jordan 5633 Kobe Bryant 5630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
You guys have been threatening to not take me seriously and putting me on ignore ever since I've been here. But here you all are, acting like Rihanna. You will never get tired of getting smacked around.
I agree with you here lol idk why people threaten blocking like it does something to the other person. Who cares its the internet
juju151111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #467
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You guys have been threatening to not take me seriously and putting me on ignore ever since I've been here. But here you all are, acting like Rihanna. You will never get tired of getting smacked around.
You're right. You just keep owning and "smacking" everyone that comes at you. Clearly your opinion is flawless and everyone else is silly to make suggestions such as DRtg can't and doesn't tell you everything you need to know about defenses; and maybe, just maybe, doing some research and watching some games might be helpful. But yes, you're clearly the only one that knows what he's talking about.

KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #468
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
And? Am I supposed to come to believe that the teams in question were uniquely skilled in stopping Jordan and not the rest of the league? And I'm supposed to come to this conclusion by watching Jordan crush them?

You don't really need to watch how well teams defender other players to know how well they defended Jordan. Just watch how they defended Jordan.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #469
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
i dont really wanna get into the shitstorm that is this thread, and im not agreeing with the kobestans, but i think defense is tougher nowadays. the new handchecking rules have made a difference, but not as much as outlawing zones has.

the new zone rules have completely changed how teams play defense. loading up in the strong side has made it tougher to score.

but its worth noting that these strategic adjustments to the new rukes only really became popular in the last 5 years or so, so only like a third of kobes career.

on the whole, id say the average defenses kobe and jordan faced, were of pretty much equal quality.

I would disagree with this simply because teams very rarely even use the zone. In fact, all the best defensive teams play man to man; they sag, but it's still man to man. I've only seen teams try to run a zone for very brief stints, and they usually wind up getting torched by the other team's shooters. Zone's are pretty easy to score on in comparison with man to man, if you can shoot - that's the catch.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: