Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has decent reputation
Default I'm pretty sure an ATL/LAL trade will happen

This trade or something very similar will happen

Josh Smith is not going to be a Hawk next year and both sides know it. That's why the team is doing stuff like suspending him so he's the bad guy to the fans.

Lakers do this trade to shed salary but Smith is just a rental unless Dwight leaves. I believe the filler players will be very similar to this. LA needs a backup center and bench guard without taking on salary. ATL takes back Steve Blake and hopes he can contribute. Ebanks is a throw in for cheap depth. The main prize is obviously Gasol who would be a nice fit with Horford for a playoff run in the East.

I would be 100% sure of this trade if Lou Williams hadn't gone down. It'll be tough for ATL to trade Harris but seeing as he's a FA next year, I think the final deal could include him.
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Re: I'm pretty sure an ATL/LAL trade will happen

Wouldnt this trade completely erase any chances of Atlanta going after a big name FA next summer? Considering they're giving away 26M of expiring contracts.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex

Josh Smith is not going to be a Hawk next year and both sides know it. That's why the team is doing stuff like suspending him so he's the bad guy to the fans.

Lakers do this trade to shed salary but Smith is just a rental unless Dwight leaves. I believe the filler players will be very similar to this. LA needs a backup center and bench guard without taking on salary. ATL takes back Steve Blake and hopes he can contribute. Ebanks is a throw in for cheap depth. The main prize is obviously Gasol who would be a nice fit with Horford for a playoff run in the East.

I would be 100% sure of this trade if Lou Williams hadn't gone down. It'll be tough for ATL to trade Harris but seeing as he's a FA next year, I think the final deal could include him.

The Hawks were willing to do a Josh Smith deal if it had included Marvin Williams and his contract. But now that Marvin is gone, there is no reason for the Hawks to take on Pau's contract.

Especially when the Hawks can make a run at Pekovic, who is younger.

Horrible trade scenario.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

This trade doesn't improve the Hawks short or long term. Awful trade.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Not only does this not help Atlanta, it doesn't do much for the Lakers either. Pau hasn't been the problem this season. He's playing poorly, but replacing him with Josh Smith doesn't do anything but get Dwight a good friend. He won't fit into D'Antoni's system either.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has decent reputation

I feel Pau improves the Hawks with his inside game and passing. Smith's athleticism would really help the Lakers while showcasing himself for his next team
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

This is a terrible trade for Atlanta. They are better off letting all those contracts expire and using the capspace to try to sing a free agent or two. Pekovic, as someone mentioned, would be a very good fit, cheaper and younger than Gasol
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

It's not going to happen because konex proposed it.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

no trade between Lakers and hawks will happen in the next 20 years.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
Flash31
Local High School Star

Flash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected poster

please tell us why atl wants to get raped pretty much,they give up zaza for ebanks,get Steve Blake and give up a better guard,lose a younger defensive expiring star for an aging 40 million dollar star and absolutely murder their chances in fa.

Why in the blue hell woul atl do that.Its beyond stupid.They could sign Howard and or Paul in the offseason along with having smith,Teague,and horford.

I don't see Jerry west as the atl GM and they're not trying to cut their fa chances and tack on more salary so why do it.Smith and Howard are best friends,atl is his hometown and the hawks would have 40 mill in cap room thus offseason if they don't make any drastic moves and be patient.They could become a championship contender.
Flash31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #11
PimpinZaZa
I brick open layups

PimpinZaZa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex

The hawks laugh and wish the Lakers FO the best of luck in next years lottery! Pau Gasol certainly isn't a "prize" like you say.
PimpinZaZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
ispin69
Banned

ispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aeorbxl
ispin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #13
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

ATL would have to be retarded to do this.

smith>gasol
Harris>Blake
zaza> ebanks
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
The Hawks were willing to do a Josh Smith deal if it had included Marvin Williams and his contract. But now that Marvin is gone, there is no reason for the Hawks to take on Pau's contract.

Especially when the Hawks can make a run at Pekovic, who is younger.

Horrible trade scenario.

pau to minny

pek/dwill to atl

j smoove to la

better chance of signing pek if he has a nice play off run with atl this season.
possible?
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #15
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash31
please tell us why atl wants to get raped pretty much,they give up zaza for ebanks,get Steve Blake and give up a better guard,lose a younger defensive expiring star for an aging 40 million dollar star and absolutely murder their chances in fa.

Why in the blue hell woul atl do that.Its beyond stupid.They could sign Howard and or Paul in the offseason along with having smith,Teague,and horford.

I don't see Jerry west as the atl GM and they're not trying to cut their fa chances and tack on more salary so why do it.Smith and Howard are best friends,atl is his hometown and the hawks would have 40 mill in cap room thus offseason if they don't make any drastic moves and be patient.They could become a championship contender.

Haha....I was going to say all this
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: