Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #16
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm pretty sure an ATL/LAL trade will happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Not only does this not help Atlanta, it doesn't do much for the Lakers either. Pau hasn't been the problem this season. He's playing poorly, but replacing him with Josh Smith doesn't do anything but get Dwight a good friend. He won't fit into D'Antoni's system either.

That can't be right.

Lakers main problems are slow players and bad defense, Pau is poor at guarding forwards and too slow to guard them as well. Smith is a good defender and very good help defender.
Pau is slow and not much of a transition player these days, Smith could look really good running the floor with Nash instead of Pau.
These are also the reason Pau is the 6th man now, he plays so much better matched up with other centers, he deserves credit for that, he's playing better right now comming off the bench than at any point this year.

It's an added bonus that he's a very good friend of Dwight, it could give them both extra energy to play with each other.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #17
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
pau to minny

pek/dwill to atl

j smoove to la

better chance of signing pek if he has a nice play off run with atl this season.
possible?

This one seems more plausible IMO.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #18
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people

How about a Toronto-Atlanta Trade

Atlanta gets:

Kyle Lowry
Andrea Bargnani
Linez Kleiza
2nd round pick

Toronto gets:

Josh Smith (considering he resigns thats another issue though)
Korver

Atlanta gets a quality young pg under a good contract to team up with Horford. Put Bargnani can be the pf next horford. Kleiza has an option for 2013.

toronto gets their star 3, cap space by offering the sweetner of 2nd round pick, part ways with Barngani finally

Does this work? would you do it?
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #19
shady6121
NBA Fan

shady6121 has decent reputationshady6121 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
Wouldnt this trade completely erase any chances of Atlanta going after a big name FA next summer? Considering they're giving away 26M of expiring contracts.

No big name FA is going to sign with Atlanta lol.
shady6121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
CP3MVP
soon

CP3MVP has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady6121
No big name FA is going to sign with Atlanta lol.

This. A lot of Hawk fans seem to think they're in LA or NY, or that they have an appealing winning franchise.
CP3MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #21
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The team that would make the most sense to trade for Pau Gasol is Milwaukee, if the Lakers wanted to do a straight salary-dump.

The Bucks would send out Dalembert, Udrih, and Dunleavy so the Lakers get rid of Gasol's monster contract.

Clearly this isn't a fair swap in terms of talent.

Add Gasol to the Bucks and they go from being a top 8 seed to a top 4 seed in the East.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucks make a run at Josh Smith in the off-season.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #22
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
This trade or something very similar will happen

Josh Smith is not going to be a Hawk next year and both sides know it. That's why the team is doing stuff like suspending him so he's the bad guy to the fans.

Lakers do this trade to shed salary but Smith is just a rental unless Dwight leaves. I believe the filler players will be very similar to this. LA needs a backup center and bench guard without taking on salary. ATL takes back Steve Blake and hopes he can contribute. Ebanks is a throw in for cheap depth. The main prize is obviously Gasol who would be a nice fit with Horford for a playoff run in the East.

I would be 100% sure of this trade if Lou Williams hadn't gone down. It'll be tough for ATL to trade Harris but seeing as he's a FA next year, I think the final deal could include him.

josh smith thinks he is a max player....

lo so u give howard max...and then Josh smith max....how much is left?

I would prefer them to go after Wilson Chandler instead of josh smith
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #23
Big Cheese
I hit open 5-footers

Big Cheese has decent reputationBig Cheese has decent reputation

the hawks dont want gasol and his contract. If they did the trade would of happened by now.
Big Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #24
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshaveacorona
How about a Toronto-Atlanta Trade

Atlanta gets:

Kyle Lowry
Andrea Bargnani
Linez Kleiza
2nd round pick

Toronto gets:

Josh Smith (considering he resigns thats another issue though)
Korver

Atlanta gets a quality young pg under a good contract to team up with Horford. Put Bargnani can be the pf next horford. Kleiza has an option for 2013.

toronto gets their star 3, cap space by offering the sweetner of 2nd round pick, part ways with Barngani finally

Does this work? would you do it?

1. We already have Teague. Why do we want Lowry?
2. Why trade Smith for AB, who is the worst rebounder in NBA history?

Now AB for Petro and Morrow, who are both expirers, as a reserve, ok that make sense, since we keep Smith, Horford, Pachulia and add Bargnani for depth.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #25
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Holy shit, you know you're in trouble when Hawkfan is dissing your trades.
El Kabong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #26
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

if gasol hasnt been traded by now, hes not getting traded with that monster contract.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:41 AM   #27
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Hawks get Dwight, amare, derozen, d Morris, c copeland

Lakers get horford, ray Felton, d Stevenson, l fields

Knicks get Bargnani, Calderon, korver, pachulia

Raptors get d Harris, petro, morrow, j white, ny 1st, atl 1st
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: