Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
sportsfan76
Decent college freshman

sportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partssportsfan76 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Why is there always overreaction when the Lakers win ONE GAME??

Damm, can the fans and ESPN wait for a 7 game winning streak before they start getting excited and highlighting Kobe's stats. Why can't people realize that it was one game and that more works needs to be done since the Lakers are so many games under .500?

What happens when they get blown out by OKC on Sunday????? So I just wish ESPN and some of the lakers shut the f*ck up
sportsfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
ispin69
Banned

ispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Why is there always overreaction when the Lakers win ONE GAME??

Kobe/Laker fans gave us cancer. We must purge it.
ispin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

It's because when the Lakers win and clicking on all cylinders, it's the most beautiful basketball seen this year. It's too bad they are not consistent.

If they showed a little bit more consistency they would probably get the top playoff seeds just coasting.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

correct me if im wrong as I didn't watch the game

I agree with OP in general, but in this case it looks like Kobe was given Nash's role and Nash took more of a shooter\2nd facilitator role. If both players accept this role that will be a great starting point to winning games consistently. If they can then learn to swap roles fluidly, they will be in much better shape and perhaps be interesting to watch.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Consider the source. There will be extremists on both sides looking to fuel the agenda. Those against the Lakers, and Lakers fans who also do a little trolling.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
correct me if im wrong as I didn't watch the game

I agree with OP in general, but in this case it looks like Kobe was given Nash's role and Nash took more of a shooter\2nd facilitator role. If both players accept this role that will be a great starting point to winning games consistently. If they can then learn to swap roles fluidly, they will be in much better shape and perhaps be interesting to watch.

This.

I said it the first game of the season that the Lakers should go to ISO Kobe ball and let him create like he did last year. I know his usage rate would go up and he's asking to do a lot more but this is when they were most successful.

The Lakers have a better record when Bickerstaff was the coach and all he did was run ISO Kobe and let him create and they had a winning record.

I say Nash can bring the ball up and play the PG but he must immediately pass the ball to Kobe in the post or let him create.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #7
Mrofir

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
This.

I said it the first game of the season that the Lakers should go to ISO Kobe ball and let him create like he did last year. I know his usage rate would go up and he's asking to do a lot more but this is when they were most successful.

The Lakers have a better record when Bickerstaff was the coach and all he did was run ISO Kobe and let him create and they had a winning record.

I say Nash can bring the ball up and play the PG but he must immediately pass the ball to Kobe in the post or let him create.

I basically agree with you, except your last sentence is true only in the sense that it is the only way for everyone to be engaged, and not that it's necessarily the most effective thing all the time. There are situations where Nash should be the primary playmaker, as an alternative. But for now it's best to keep things simple and Nash is able to adapt so..

edit: in the current system Nash could set a non existent record for secondary assists per game. That is, a pass that leads to an assist. That's what is going to be very effective for LA. Not just an immediate iso pass, but a Nash pass that gets kobe a split second ahead of his defender, so he can then facilitate for d12 or whoever, depending on how the defense reacts.

Laker's offensive options should be

1b (not the primary option, but the first in the sequence) - Nash PnR to set up Kobe or D12 or create a shot for himself
2a (the primary option) - Kobe in position to create following 1b, either backdoor assist, post assist, 3-pter, or create shot for himself
3c - Kobe iso
4d - Nash iso
5z - D12 postup

Last edited by Mrofir : 01-26-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's because "nobody cares about the Lakers anymore lol".
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #9
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
I basically agree with you, except your last sentence is true only in the sense that it is the only way for everyone to be engaged, and not that it's necessarily the most effective thing all the time. There are situations where Nash should be the primary playmaker, as an alternative. But for now it's best to keep things simple and Nash is able to adapt so..

edit: in the current system Nash could set a non existent record for secondary assists per game. That is, a pass that leads to an assist.

I don't mean ISO Kobe full time because that's not good but on certain runs and situations, it's best to let Kobe create.

Late in the game or when the Lakers are making their run...they should definitely feed him the ball.

I don't know why people think Nash's offense and style would be more successful. Nash is a good 3point shooter and should just play that role, as he can hit the shot or penetrate from outside.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #10
Mrofir

Quote:
I don't mean ISO Kobe full time because that's not good but on certain runs and situations, it's best to let Kobe create.

Late in the game or when the Lakers are making their run...they should definitely feed him the ball.

I don't know why people think Nash's offense and style would be more successful. Nash is a good 3point shooter and should just play that role, as he can hit the shot or penetrate from outside.

see, I honestly believe nash, with his resume, would do a roughly equal job as d'antoni initiator as kobe, if kobe could adapt to the shooter role as well as Nash is able to. But that's not the case. I do think a long term goal should be to figure out which specific situations Nash is more effective, and have flexibility at the end of games to keep teams guessing at least a little.

It should be noted that Kobe publicly rejected this role earlier in the season without Nash, after a nice looking win against Houston. Maybe he's embracing it now, but it remains to be seen if he will stick with this approach.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #11
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Overreaction for the Lakers still doesn't top the overreaction of Jeremy Lin's last season of Linsanity.

Last edited by 9512 : 01-26-2013 at 06:21 PM.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #12
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:

Laker's offensive options should be

1b (not the primary option, but the first in the sequence) - Nash PnR to set up Kobe or D12 or create a shot for himself
2a (the primary option) - Kobe in position to create following 1b, either backdoor assist, post assist, 3-pter, or create shot for himself
3c - Kobe iso
4d - Nash iso
5z - D12 postup

I like this and think this should definitely be the order of attack but I also want to see more Kobe ISO because he can draw the double team and kick out. I think that is a better option than the PnR where it's 2 versus 2.

D12 is definitely last on the list.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
Mrofir

Quote:
I like this and think this should definitely be the order of attack but I also want to see more Kobe ISO because he can draw the double team and kick out. I think that is a better option than the PnR where it's 2 versus 2.

D12 is definitely last on the list.

If option 1b yields no advantage, it basically turns into a kobe iso
Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan76
Damm, can the fans and ESPN wait for a 7 game winning streak before they start getting excited and highlighting Kobe's stats. Why can't people realize that it was one game and that more works needs to be done since the Lakers are so many games under .500?

What happens when they get blown out by OKC on Sunday????? So I just wish ESPN and some of the lakers shut the f*ck up

because they have the talent to be a top team and they shouldl be one if they weren't a bunch of individualists. miami took much longer to jell when everyone was shit'ing on them, its not even the all star break. lakers easily have the talent its on the players at this point who have been more or less a disappoiantment. dwight and pau most specifically
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #15
lebeast666
I Do This

lebeast666 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
It's because when the Lakers win and clicking on all cylinders, it's the most beautiful basketball seen this year. It's too bad they are not consistent.

If they showed a little bit more consistency they would probably get the top playoff seeds just coasting.

the Miami Heat say Hi
lebeast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: