Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

I feel cheated by these three because they didn't have the longevity as some past and present players. For them to only play a little over 12 seasons is cheating the fans. A lot of fans wished that Magic, if he acted like a true leader and professional wouldn't have caught HIV. If MJ was more durable he wouldn't need to years off to recoup his body. Bird for playing so reckless that he basically took years off of his career.

Fans definitely feel cheated because of their lack of longevity. Imagine if these guys had the longevity of Kareem and Kobe.

I guess I will always have youtube.

Anyone wished they played longer?
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
GreatGreg
College star

GreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGreatGreg is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

What I wish is that the ignore feature on ISH would completely wipe out a troll's posts, so I wouldn't have to see that their threads, posts, and quoted posts exist. Almost like you ****ers never existed. Jeff, any way to upgrade the feature?
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Bird had a really bad back. Magic got HIV from sleeping with men. And Jordan got tired of beating up on elite defensive players like Craig Ehlo, John Starks, and the expansion Raptors team.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
bukowski81
Serious playground baller

bukowski81 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
I feel cheated by these three because they didn't have the longevity as some past and present players. For them to only play a little over 12 seasons is cheating the fans. A lot of fans wished that Magic, if he acted like a true leader and professional wouldn't have caught HIV. If MJ was more durable he wouldn't need to years off to recoup his body. Bird for playing so reckless that he basically took years off of his career.

Fans definitely feel cheated because of their lack of longevity. Imagine if these guys had the longevity of Kareem and Kobe.

I guess I will always have youtube.

Anyone wished they played longer?

I wish they played longer, but to feel cheated by 3 of the best players ever who gave us incredible performances, rivalries, finals and put the sport higher that it has ever been is just dumb. I feel more grateful than cheated by those guys.
bukowski81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wonder how long Bird's career would've lasted if McHale never became a bigger part of those Celtics teams (or alternatively, if McHale was a starter from day 1). He had his most dominant statistical seasons when he slid from the 4 to the 3, but many feel that he was more impactful at PF (with such exploits as outrebounding Moses Malone over playoff series).
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
I wonder how long Bird's career would've lasted if McHale never became a bigger part of those Celtics teams (or alternatively, if McHale was a starter from day 1). He had his most dominant statistical seasons when he slid from the 4 to the 3, but many feel that he was more impactful at PF (with such exploits as outrebounding Moses Malone over playoff series).

He probably would have played a couple of more years but Bird, as great as he was, was sort of reckless. Whether that was good or bad, we will never exactly know.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Roundball_Rock
NBA lottery pick

Roundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation hereRoundball_Rock has an incredible reputation here

Jordan played for 15 seasons. I love how his 2 seasons in D.C. are airbrushed from history.

Quote:
Imagine if these guys had the longevity of Kareem and Kobe.

Dedication to one's craft and the desire to maintain elite productivity year after year is a skill in and of itself. Kareem, Malone, Kobe and some others have/had it but Jordan did not. Unfortunately, Bird and Magic had no choice in this regard but Jordan simply lacked the motivation to have elite longevity.
Roundball_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
He probably would have played a couple of more years but Bird, as great as he was, was sort of reckless. Whether that was good or bad, we will never exactly know.
Like he actually saw them play. ^^^^
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Dude, you did this thread already.

Plus, these guys are still on video as players if you ever want to watch them again (which I seriously doubt).
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Who was better -- PF Bird (79-80 through middle of 84-85 season) or SF Bird (rest of 84-85 through the end of his career)?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #12
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Who was better -- PF Bird (79-80 through middle of 84-85 season) or SF Bird (rest of 84-85 through the end of his career)?

That's a tough one because he was consistently good through out his career. Probably going to go with the 80 to 85 due to all the Finals they won in that span.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #13
fpliii
sick of agendas...

Quote:
That's a tough one because he was consistently good through out his career. Probably going to go with the 80 to 85 due to all the Finals they won in that span.

good stuff
Old 01-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #14
3peated
Good High School Starter

3peated has an OK reputation so far

all 3 of those guys had 4 full years of college ball too, factor that in as well
3peated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #15
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
Jordan played for 15 seasons. I love how his 2 seasons in D.C. are airbrushed from history.

Dedication to one's craft and the desire to maintain elite productivity year after year is a skill in and of itself. Kareem, Malone, Kobe and some others have/had it but Jordan did not. Unfortunately, Bird and Magic had no choice in this regard but Jordan simply lacked the motivation to have elite longevity.
You're still saying stupid shit about Jordan?
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: