Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #16
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Glide2keva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,289
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3peated
all 3 of those guys had 4 full years of college ball too, factor that in as well
Jordan did 3 years in college.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #17
KG215
NBA Legend
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,303
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide2keva
Jordan did 3 years in college.
And Magic only stayed in college two years. Bird was at Indiana State for three years, but he had that time off where he went to Indiana for a few weeks, dropped out, and went home and worked for a year or so before ultimately ending up at Indiana State.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #18
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

I have heard Magic got the HIV by dipping his stick in men, Jon Amechi style.

Think of all the pink NBA players get, and NO ONE since has gotten HIV? Beyond suspicious. Rumor was Magic and Arsenio Hall were an item.

Jordan could've EASILY played 18 / 19 / 20 seasons. He was dropping 51 just a few days before turning 39. Dropped 40+ at 40 years old, on terrible knees.

MJ was gone in '94, could've stuck around just ballin and not competing for rings on a stripped down post PJ / Pippen Bulls roster in '99, 2000, and 2001.

If he was dropping 26/5/5 before injury in 2002, you really don't think he could've easily stuck around as an elite player for a few extra seasons? He's the most durable basketball player I've ever seen this side of LeBron.

He had his freak foot break in his 2nd season, and then didn't have a MAJOR injury until he put his body through the ringer as a 38 year old, after letting his body rot and get fat for 3 years from the ages of 35 to 38. And then put it through too much stress trying to re-format it for NBA competition against kids almost half his age.



If he played in '94 he would've gave you another year of 32/6/6 and then in '95 another year of 30/5/5.

He had no one challenging him. He had no Bird, he had no Durant, he had no Wade. He obliterated any personal competitor in front of him and sent them packing.

Magic? Drexler? Barkley? On to the next one, and none were presented so he played baseball for a couple years as a new challenge.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #19
Legends66NBA7
Dinosaurs live again
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 14,245
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Stop making the same topics over and over again.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #20
gengiskhan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,574
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Go complain this to Jerry Krause & Jerry Reinsdorf

MJ wanted to play another 2 yrs till 2000.

probably win 1 more title & eventually loose to 2000 Shaq led Lakers in 2000 NBA Finals & then MJ retire at age 37.

Krause wanted to rebuild Chicago Bulls, the greatst modern day dynasty till now incl Dallas Cowboys & New York Yankees.

Reinsdorf said "some day he'll regret paying MJ $35 million pay check per year" & he wanted it dismantled too.

Both were not interested in giving Pippen 4 year $60 Million deal

Both were not interested in Phil. & neither Phil in coming back.

This would've happened if Bulls werent broken up prematurely !

1998 - 1999 season: Bulls vs Spurs NBA Finals. Bulls WIN it in 6 again. MJ wins 7th FMVP & 11th Scoring Title.

1999 - 2000 Season: Bulls vs LAL NBA Finals. Lakers WIN in Game 7 in LA. Shaq's dominant FMVP performance since 1991-1993 MJ FMVP performances. MJ also loses scoring title of Shaq this year. Torch is passed to Shaq.

MJ retires after 2000 NBA Finals Loss @ age 37.

Pippen forces a trade to Kings or Blazers @ age 35.

MJ tries to make a comeback @ age 40 after 2 yrs retirement with WAS. Plays 1 year & WAS dont make it to playoffs & MJ retires for good.

This is what suppose to happen to MJ if Bulls were not FORCEFULLY dismantled.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #21
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 10,026
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
Go complain this to Jerry Krause & Jerry Reinsdorf

MJ wanted to play another 2 yrs till 2000.

probably win 1 more title & eventually loose to 2000 Shaq led Lakers in 2000 NBA Finals & then MJ retire at age 37.

Krause wanted to rebuild Chicago Bulls, the greatst modern day dynasty till now incl Dallas Cowboys & New York Yankees.

Reinsdorf said "some day he'll regret paying MJ $35 million pay check per year" & he wanted it dismantled too.

Both were not interested in giving Pippen 4 year $60 Million deal

Both were not interested in Phil. & neither Phil in coming back.

This would've happened if Bulls werent broken up prematurely !

1998 - 1999 season: Bulls vs Spurs NBA Finals. Bulls WIN it in 6 again. MJ wins 7th FMVP & 11th Scoring Title.

1999 - 2000 Season: Bulls vs LAL NBA Finals. Lakers WIN in Game 7 in LA. Shaq's dominant FMVP performance since 1991-1993 MJ FMVP performances. MJ also loses scoring title of Shaq this year. Torch is passed to Shaq.

MJ retires after 2000 NBA Finals Loss @ age 37.

Pippen forces a trade to Kings or Blazers @ age 35.

MJ tries to make a comeback @ age 40 after 2 yrs retirement with WAS. Plays 1 year & WAS dont make it to playoffs & MJ retires for good.

This is what suppose to happen to MJ if Bulls were not FORCEFULLY dismantled.

wishful thinking.

If Krause didn't dismantle the team....Tim Duncan would have dismantle them himself.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
gengiskhan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,574
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
wishful thinking.

If Krause didn't dismantle the team....Tim Duncan would have dismantle them himself.

Lets go back to drawing board again !!

1999 NBA season:. !!!! Only 50 games !!!!!. Perfect for very old aging 36 yrs old MJ, 34 yrs old Pip, 38 yrs old Rodman. team with tons of NBA finals experience is Bulls NOT SAS. Bulls WIN in 6 because of being still fresh off only 50 reg sea games

MJ: FMVP. Tim Duncan: reg season MVP. MJ: 11th & his last Scoring Titles at age 36.

Phil & Jerry & Jerry just dont get along. Phil signs with LAL, a long contract.

2000 NBA season belongs to Shaq. Wins Season MVP + Scoring Title + FMVP
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #23
ihoopallday
King James
 
ihoopallday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,433
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Either way, they'll always be better than your "gawdbe". If they played longer, it would just separate them even more from your favorite player.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #24
gengiskhan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,574
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
Either way, they'll always be better than your "gawdbe". If they played longer, it would just separate them even more from your favorite player.

In a short 50 games reg season of 1999. MJ was definitely due for 7th FMVP & 11th Scoring Title.

That was too easy for GOAT.


Its the 2000 season that Shaq's long awaited peak prime storm was coming.

Hence the passing of the torch from GOAT to Shaq.

MJ retires in 2000 for 2 yrs before making a 40 yrs of age comback with WAS.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #25
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quality>Quantity. If Jordan hadn't played baseball, he'd be sitting on 7 or 8 championships, as many finals MVPs, 12 scoring titles, an MVP or two more. Hakeem would've retired without a ring like Ewing, Malone, Barkely, etc.

It was the only way to level the playing field
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #26
selrahc
Local High School Star
 
selrahc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,452
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Yup, as great as those players were, none of them had the ability to do dominate as long as Kobe has
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #27
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960
 
fpliii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: nbastats.net
Posts: 7,496
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Quality>Quantity. If Jordan hadn't played baseball, he'd be sitting on 7 or 8 championships, as many finals MVPs, 12 scoring titles, an MVP or two more. Hakeem would've retired without a ring like Ewing, Malone, Barkely, etc.

It was the only way to level the playing field

Unless they acquired Rodman two seasons earlier, how would Chicago stop Hakeem in a seven game series?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #28
gengiskhan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,574
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Quality>Quantity. If Jordan hadn't played baseball, he'd be sitting on 7 or 8 championships, as many finals MVPs, 12 scoring titles, an MVP or two more. Hakeem would've retired without a ring like Ewing, Malone, Barkely, etc.

It was the only way to level the playing field

Here is the reality.

ROCKETS & SAS are two WC teams that gave Bulls match up nightmares.

ROCKETS frequently beat Bulls in Chicago & Houston regularly btw 1991-1993.

SAS frequently beat Bulls in Chicago & San Antonio regularly btw 1991-1993.

Hakeem & D'Rob played incredible against Jordan-Pippen combo. Bulls struggled with their rebounding against these 2 all time big men.


Just a reality.

After 3-peating, I dont see Bulls winning both 1994 & 1995 & 5-peating.

Bulls were due for loosing either 1994 NBA Finals or 1995 NBA Finals.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #29
senelcoolidge
Good college starter
 
senelcoolidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: At home
Posts: 3,245
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

MJ not durable? WTF. He left the game because he was bored of the game, he wanted to try something else. He was still in his prime. He could have had 8 championships. His boyhood dream was to play baseball, so he tried it. None of these guys were stat padders like Kobe and some of the current crop of players.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #30
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner
 
DonDadda59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Killing Fields
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Unless they acquired Rodman two seasons earlier, how would Chicago stop Hakeem in a seven game series?

The same way they won 3 straight without the worm. They dealt with Ewing, Daugherty, Barkley, etc in series just fine. Hakeem would be no different. If anything, they'd have an easier time doubling him since his supporting casts were weaker than those other guys mentioned.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy