Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #31
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation
Default Re: I feel cheated by Jordan, Bird and Magic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
The same way they won 3 straight without the worm. They dealt with Ewing, Daugherty, Barkley, etc in series just fine. Hakeem would be no different. If anything, they'd have an easier time doubling him since his supporting casts were weaker than those other guys mentioned.

wishful thinking.

Hakeem is the best center of '90s decade. Ewing had weakness called John Starks, a chucker on regular basis.

Hakeem added Drexler, an all-time great to his team. How would bulls deal with him in 1995 NBA Finals.

Bulls are not winning both 1994 & 1995 NBA Finals against Rockets.

Drexler could've easily been revenge minded against MJ of 1992 NBA Finals defeat.

Nobody stopping Rockets from winning 1995 NBA Finals with Hakeem-Clyde Phi Slamma Jamma combo as leader, especially Grant-LESS Chicago Bulls will be destroyed.

Thats the reality.
gengiskhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #32
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
wishful thinking.

Hakeem is the best center of '90s decade. Ewing had weakness called John Starks, a chucker on regular basis.

Hakeem added Drexler, an all-time great to his team. How would bulls deal with him in 1995 NBA Finals.

Bulls are not winning both 1994 & 1995 NBA Finals against Rockets.

Drexler could've easily been revenge minded against MJ of 1992 NBA Finals defeat.

Nobody stopping Rockets from winning 1995 NBA Finals with Hakeem-Clyde Phi Slamma Jamma combo as leader, especially Grant-LESS Chicago Bulls will be destroyed.

Thats the reality.

Why are you guys acting like the Rockets were some unbeatable juggernaut?

The Knicks were a John Starks game 7 rotten egg away from beating them and they were taken to 7 in the second round against the Suns the next year. Luckily they faced a sophmore Shaq after his team had gotten through a Bulls team that had been mediocre before Jordan played a relative handful of games after being away for almost 2 seasons.

The Rockets would have a much harder time trying to figure out how to stop Jordan at 100% than the Bulls would have containing Hakeem. Clyde Drexler would've been embarrassed even more thoroughly than he was in '92.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #33
gengiskhan
Banned

gengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputationgengiskhan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Why are you guys acting like the Rockets were some unbeatable juggernaut?

Stop right there !!

& you acting like MJ led Bulls were unbeatable team.

1995 Shaq led Magic took care of 1995 Bulls in 6 games !!

You think Hakeem wouldn't take of Bulls in 6 games if Shaq took care of Grant-LESS bulls in 6.

Rockets were cerebral team. Extremely well balanced. with great 3 pts shooters. clutch game winners in horry & kenny smith etc etc.

Bulls cound't pass Magic in 1995. Rockets destroyed Magic.

My predictions:

1994 NBA Finals: Rockets Win in 7 games in Houston.
1995 NBA Finals: Rockets Win in 4 games in Orlando. ORL took care of Grant-LESS CHICAGO BULLS in 6 Games.

1996: Bulls acquire Dennis Rodman after 2 failed seasons to balance rebounding powers of ORL & HOU
Old 01-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #34
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Lets go back to drawing board again !!

1999 NBA season:. !!!! Only 50 games !!!!!. Perfect for very old aging 36 yrs old MJ, 34 yrs old Pip, 38 yrs old Rodman. team with tons of NBA finals experience is Bulls NOT SAS. Bulls WIN in 6 because of being still fresh off only 50 reg sea games

MJ: FMVP. Tim Duncan: reg season MVP. MJ: 11th & his last Scoring Titles at age 36.

Phil & Jerry & Jerry just dont get along. Phil signs with LAL, a long contract.

2000 NBA season belongs to Shaq. Wins Season MVP + Scoring Title + FMVP

I like your logic but I'm going to say no. These are still speculations.

Delusional thinking.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #35
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Stop right there !!

You think Hakeem wouldn't take of Bulls in 6 games if Shaq took care of Grant-LESS bulls in 6.

That Bulls team only had Jordan for a relative handful of games as I pointed out. MJ hadn't had an offseason, preseason, etc to get into game form and it showed. What happened to Shaq (who was a lot harder to gameplan/defend against than Hakeem) and ORL the next year when the Bulls were at full strength? Exactly what would've happened had everyone been 100% that season (94-95).

Quote:
Rockets were cerebral team. Extremely well balanced. with great 3 pts shooters. clutch game winners in horry & kenny smith etc etc.

My predictions:

1995 NBA Finals: Rockets Win in 4 games in Orlando. ORL took care of Grant-LESS CHICAGO BULLS in 6 Games.

1996: Bulls acquire Dennis Rodman after 2 failed seasons to balance rebounding powers of ORL & HOU

Even without Rodman the Bulls were a great defensive team (2nd in 95, 7th in 94) and had recorded a 3-peat with no signs of slowing down before Jordan retired. A full strength Bulls team and Jordan at the height of his powers do what they did throughout the decade- rattle off back-to-back-to-back etc championships, Rodman or not.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #36
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Stop right there !!

My predictions:

But Jordan didn't led the Bulls during the 1994 season. And in the 1995 season, he came back in March, just one month before the playoffs.

BTW, the Rockets barely beat Ewing's Knicks in '94. Jordan toyed with the Knicks everytime he played them.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #37
gengiskhan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
But Jordan didn't led the Bulls during the 1994 season. And in the 1995 season, he came back in March, just one month before the playoffs.

BTW, the Rockets barely beat Ewing's Knicks in '94. Jordan toyed with the Knicks everytime he played them.

1992 Knicks nearly knocked off Bulls in 7 games series.

1993 Knicks series was Brutal too. Knicks were clearly better team. If it wasn't for Charles Smith in Game 5. Knicks would've knocked Bulls in Game 7 at MSG.

I wouldn't call this TOYING !!

Maybe you're only looking at 1991 Knicks-Bulls 3 games PO series.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #38
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Stop right there !!

My predictions:

Quote:
Originally posted by gengiskhan

Considering that they won three straight with Jordan, then took the Knicks to seven games without Jordan , who in turn lost in a tough seven game series in the Championship to the Rockets, Id say they were unbeatable when at full strength.

I dont think they were good enough to win in 95 without any lowpost defense and rebounding.

I do believe they wouldve beaten San Antonio in 99. But lost to the Shaq/Kobe Lakers in 00
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #39
gengiskhan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Considering that they won three straight with Jordan, then took the Knicks to seven games without Jordan , who in turn lost in a tough seven game series in the Championship to the Rockets, Id say they were unbeatable when at full strength.

I dont think they were good enough to win in 95 without any lowpost defense and rebounding.

I do believe they wouldve beaten San Antonio in 99. But lost to the Shaq/Kobe Lakers in 00

NBA Fans tend to underestimate Rockets & Spurs of '90s decade.

If you notice the whole '90s decade, 2 West. Conf. teams gave the most trouble & regular season LOSSES every year in that Decade @ home & Away.

1. Rockets
2. Spurs.

Now look at Bulls' Finalist opponents. LAL, Blazers, Suns, Sonics, Jazz. Bulls did not had much problems against their 5 opponents like Rockets & Spurs the whole decade.

-Also, notice the only 2 West. Conf. teams to become NBA Champs in '90s Bulls Decade of 6 titles.

1. Rockets x 2
2. Spurs.

Why so?

Both Rockets & SAS were cerebral teams. Both gave '90s Bulls a match up problems. Hakeem was unstoppable. D'Rob's quickness & guard like Agility was Unstoppable against Bulls.

ROCKETS were slightly better than SAS because they had clutch game winners like Robert Horry & Mario Ellie on their bench besides their usual suspects in Starting Line Up.

-Horry alone will light up Pippen in crunch time in 2-3 out of 7 games in each NBA finals of 1994 & 1995.

For the sake of argument. If Bulls played 10 straight NBA finals, I see the following results:

First Bulls 3-peat
1991 NBA Finals. Bulls beat LAL in 5 games
1992 NBA Finals. Bulls beat POR in 6 games
1993 NBA Finals. Bulls beat PHO in 6 games

2 back-2-back NBA Finals Losses
1994 NBA Finals. HOU beat CHI in 7 games (HOU destroys CHI in RPG. too many offensive rebounds to Hakeem)
1995 NBA Finals. HOU beat CHI in 6 games (NO Horace Grant in Bulls, HOU >> CHI in RPG. Drexler finally performs in career's 3rd NBA Finals. Bulls )

Bulls 4-peat make history
1996 NBA Finals. Bulls beat SEA in 6 games (Bulls acquire Rodman much needed Rebounding Champ)
1997 NBA Finals. Bulls beat JAZZ in 6 games
1998 NBA Finals. Bulls beat JAZZ in 6 games
1999 NBA Finals. Bulls beat SAS in 6-7 games (Bulls make history with 4-peat. short 50 game reg sea helps aging Bulls & MJ in particular. MJ dominates with clutch plays & game winners in NBA Finals)

Summer 1999. Phil departs. Joins LAL with huge contract. Jordan calls 1999-2000 season his "FINAL last dance"

2000 NBA Finals. LAL beat CHI in 7 games (Shaq dominates enters prime peak. Young Kobe makes aging 34 yrs old pippen look old. Torch from MJ passes to Shaq as he dominates with FMVP performance)

Summer 2000- Jordan retires with 7 rings & 7 FMVPs.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:33 AM   #40
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Jordan and Bird played literally every bit of every possession. Kareem and even Kobe have not always done that.

You never heard of Jordan having a less impressive defensive season due to carrying too big a load on offense. He was a legit DPOTY every year. Larry Bird flung himself everywhere.

It's all relative.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 01-27-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:22 AM   #41
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

94 Bulls with MJ would've beaten the Rockets. The 94 Bulls roster is better on paper than 93 (take out Jordan). 94 had Kukoc, Paxson, Kerr, Wennington, Longley, Armstrong, Pippen, Horace Grant, Cartwright, Stacy King, Perdue. That's a lot of bigs to throw at Hakeem, and Jordan and Pippen would crap on Drexler again.

95 Bulls with MJ and without Grant would still lose to Orlando.

There's no point in talking about 99 since the Bulls lost everybody and you'd have no clue how the East would pan out.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 AM   #42
tomtucker
Very cute

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Bird had a really bad back. Magic got HIV from sleeping with men. And Jordan got tired of beating up on elite defensive players like Craig Ehlo, John Starks, and the expansion Raptors team.

proof ?
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #43
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

Grant Hill = Work ethic + Passion

He truly had misfortunate events occur during his prime. But despite the adversity, Grant Hill stuck with it and is able to play past 40. More players should have his passion.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 AM   #44
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
NBA Fans tend to underestimate Rockets & Spurs of '90s decade.

If you notice the whole '90s decade, 2 West. Conf. teams gave the most trouble & regular season LOSSES every year in that Decade @ home & Away.

1. Rockets
2. Spurs.

Now look at Bulls' Finalist opponents. LAL, Blazers, Suns, Sonics, Jazz. Bulls did not had much problems against their 5 opponents like Rockets & Spurs the whole decade.

-Also, notice the only 2 West. Conf. teams to become NBA Champs in '90s Bulls Decade of 6 titles.

1. Rockets x 2
2. Spurs.

Why so?

Both Rockets & SAS were cerebral teams. Both gave '90s Bulls a match up problems. Hakeem was unstoppable. D'Rob's quickness & guard like Agility was Unstoppable against Bulls.

ROCKETS were slightly better than SAS because they had clutch game winners like Robert Horry & Mario Ellie on their bench besides their usual suspects in Starting Line Up.

-Horry alone will light up Pippen in crunch time in 2-3 out of 7 games in each NBA finals of 1994 & 1995.

For the sake of argument. If Bulls played 10 straight NBA finals, I see the following results:

First Bulls 3-peat
1991 NBA Finals. Bulls beat LAL in 5 games
1992 NBA Finals. Bulls beat POR in 6 games
1993 NBA Finals. Bulls beat PHO in 6 games

2 back-2-back NBA Finals Losses
1994 NBA Finals. HOU beat CHI in 7 games (HOU destroys CHI in RPG. too many offensive rebounds to Hakeem)
1995 NBA Finals. HOU beat CHI in 6 games (NO Horace Grant in Bulls, HOU >> CHI in RPG. Drexler finally performs in career's 3rd NBA Finals. Bulls )

Bulls 4-peat make history
1996 NBA Finals. Bulls beat SEA in 6 games (Bulls acquire Rodman much needed Rebounding Champ)
1997 NBA Finals. Bulls beat JAZZ in 6 games
1998 NBA Finals. Bulls beat JAZZ in 6 games
1999 NBA Finals. Bulls beat SAS in 6-7 games (Bulls make history with 4-peat. short 50 game reg sea helps aging Bulls & MJ in particular. MJ dominates with clutch plays & game winners in NBA Finals)

Summer 1999. Phil departs. Joins LAL with huge contract. Jordan calls 1999-2000 season his "FINAL last dance"

2000 NBA Finals. LAL beat CHI in 7 games (Shaq dominates enters prime peak. Young Kobe makes aging 34 yrs old pippen look old. Torch from MJ passes to Shaq as he dominates with FMVP performance)

Summer 2000- Jordan retires with 7 rings & 7 FMVPs.
Im sorry bro. But most of this post makes no sense. The Bulls record vs the Rockets in 94 and 95 was 2-2. And that was without Jordan. I dont see the point of bringing up the other seasons because they werent even good enough to get out of the Western Conference. But for some reason you believe theyd beat the Bulls? The team that beat the teams that beat them?

And while I agree the playoffs are about matchups, as has been mentioned, the Bulls manhandled alot of teams with great bigs in the East. Shaq? Ewing? Smits? Daughtery? Mourning? Mutombo?

I also dont see the point of referencing who the Bulls beat in the Finals. The bottom line is neither Houston or San Antonio were good enough or capable of getting past the teams of the West.

And Ilike how you say Horry would light up Pippen in crunctime. Thats a Joke.

The Spurs were continual underachievers until 99. They shouldnt even be brought up.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:40 AM   #45
Kovach
Decent playground baller

Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool

Yeah I do wish they played for a while longer but I do have about a 1000 games with them which I can always give a spin when i want to, so I'm fine :)
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: