Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Shaquille O'Neal
Serious playground baller
 
Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 475
Default Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

Do you see him flipping back into KoMe mode tomorrow for the game against the Thunder and chucking full time?

Pop quiz - who's the last NBA player to win 4 titles in a row?
Shaquille O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
fpliii
:confusedshrug:
 
fpliii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: nbastats.net
Posts: 10,198
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
Do you see him flipping back into KoMe mode tomorrow for the game against the Thunder and chucking full time?

Pop quiz - who's the last NBA player to win 4 titles in a row?

Is it one of Kerr or Horry?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
Thorn
High school junior varsity star
 
Thorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: there
Posts: 616
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

It's Steve Kerr. Second threepeat Bulls, first Spurs ring in '99.
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Shaquille O'Neal
Serious playground baller
 
Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 475
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn
It's Steve Kerr. Second threepeat Bulls, first Spurs ring in '99.

Correct! Who's the last 4 in a row winner before that?
Shaquille O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
Thorn
High school junior varsity star
 
Thorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: there
Posts: 616
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

I guess it'd have to be anyone on the Celtics team from '63 to '66. Russ, Jones boys, Havlicek, Sanders.
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
JellyBean
College superstar
 
JellyBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,724
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
Correct! Who's the last 4 in a row winner before that?

Frank Saul, played for the MPLS Lakers and Rochester Royals back in the day....and I gotta give credit to Wikipedia and NBA Reference for this one...I had no flippin clue. My first guess was Robert Horry. And to answer the other question, I hope Kobe plays it smooth and takes casual shots and not force the issue against the Thunder.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Vienceslav
Local High School Star
 
Vienceslav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,591
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

If i remember correctly he could have won the scoring title last year if he decided to play the last game of the season and scored 38 points , he elected to sit the game out which indicates that he does not care about scoring titles at this point in his career.
If you strip this question down of its agenda it's actually pretty interesting now that we saw how easily they can win if Kobe creates for his team mates instead of just reverting into the 'hero ball' scenario.
It all depends on the ability of the people who he intends his early passes to in my opinion if they make the shots he will continue to feed them ,but if they miss he will shoot it bc in his mind he is the best scoring option in the league.
It's very hard to predict this one because we are talking about OKC who are one of the two best teams in the league , Lakers might play a tight game with these guys and in the end come up a little short ,but ultimately it might be the nail in the coffin for them.
This Utah game gave them some hope for the future , but more often then not this season the were able to beat up on some bottom feeder and when the big boys came to town they came up short and as a result of that[partially at least]they went on a losing streak.
I'm not very confident they can beat OKC on Sunday as they play some amazing ball and Durant is simply the best offensive player on the planet , if the lose however the number of FG attempts Kobe puts up is probably not going to be the main reason for the loss[inb4 16/42].
Vienceslav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
jstern
College star
 
jstern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,926
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienceslav
If i remember correctly he could have won the scoring title last year if he decided to play the last game of the season and scored 38 points , he elected to sit the game out which indicates that he does not care about scoring titles at this point in his career.
If you strip this question down of its agenda it's actually pretty interesting now that we saw how easily they can win if Kobe creates for his team mates instead of just reverting into the 'hero ball' scenario.
It all depends on the ability of the people who he intends his early passes to in my opinion if they make the shots he will continue to feed them ,but if they miss he will shoot it bc in his mind he is the best scoring option in the league.
It's very hard to predict this one because we are talking about OKC who are one of the two best teams in the league , Lakers might play a tight game with these guys and in the end come up a little short ,but ultimately it might be the nail in the coffin for them.
This Utah game gave them some hope for the future , but more often then not this season the were able to beat up on some bottom feeder and when the big boys came to town they came up short and as a result of that[partially at least]they went on a losing streak.
I'm not very confident they can beat OKC on Sunday as they play some amazing ball and Durant is simply the best offensive player on the planet , if the lose however the number of FG attempts Kobe puts up is probably not going to be the main reason for the loss[inb4 16/42].

Kobe cares, but he would have looked stupid if he played that last meaningless game rather than let Mike Brown rest him. I mean can you imagine how bad it would have looked if Kobe played a meaningless game and went all out to win the scoring title?
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
INDI
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,071
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
Kobe cares, but he would have looked stupid if he played that last meaningless game rather than let Mike Brown rest him. I mean can you imagine how bad it would have looked if Kobe played a meaningless game and went all out to win the scoring title?

Didn't Durant do that? Matter of fact the past couple of games last season he stayed in the 4th when the games was already decided and was firing away. Don't get it twisted he wanted that scoring title
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
jstern
College star
 
jstern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,926
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
Didn't Durant do that? Matter of fact the past couple of games last season he stayed in the 4th when the games was already decided and was firing away. Don't get it twisted he wanted that scoring title

From what I remember, there were Kobe fanboys saying that trying to discredit Durant, while Durant was basically scoring his average. I'll look it up...


The last 6 games for Durant last season he scored, 24, 29, 29, 35, 32, 32. The one that he scored 35, and the last game of the season OKC lost, so it sure doesn't look like he was staying in the 4th during blowouts to try and win the scoring title, unless a person is an obsessive Kobe fan boy.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
rmt
National High School Star
 
rmt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default Re: Now that Kobe's 3rd in the scoring title race...

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDI
Didn't Durant do that? Matter of fact the past couple of games last season he stayed in the 4th when the games was already decided and was firing away. Don't get it twisted he wanted that scoring title

Difference is that Durant was 23 years old and doesn't need as much rest as a 34 year old Kobe. KD can basically play the whole game and it doesn't affect his next game. (impact the playoffs). Ah, the beauty of youth.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy