Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #46
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who would you draft over Shaq?

Wilt, Bill Russell, Kareem, 18 year old Sabonis are 4 players I would consider
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #47
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Michael Jordan
Hakeem Olajuwon
Lebron James
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Oscar Robertson
Wilt Chamberlain

..and ofcourse Reggie Miller :)

Last edited by pauk : 01-30-2013 at 11:20 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #48
livingby3's
The 1-man fastbreak.

livingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation here

Tim Duncan is underrated imo. I will take him. A big man who function relatively great at both ends, loyal, longevity, he's one of the few guys I think will excel in many different eras of basketball.
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #49
LockoutOver11
KIDD & A.I. ERA

LockoutOver11 has an OK reputation so far

IVERSON... duh!
LockoutOver11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 AM   #50
gin17
High School JV MVP

gin17 has an OK reputation so far

hakeem, wilt, kareem

if i had the benefit of foresight, jordan or bird. i may also try picking duncan.
gin17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #51
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan

Despite pathetic resume, no one ever questioned Shaq's Top 50 players ever spot like they questioned Scottie Pippen's as 'Nique was Excluded.

Everyone who voted Shaq in the Top 50 players Ever in 1997 new one thing.

Shaq is a GUARANTEED MULTIPLE TITLES in near future in his peak prime. Its just a matter of "WHEN" & with which franchise.
For once I actually agree with you.
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #52
deja vu
Form is temporary

deja vu is considered somewhat cooldeja vu is considered somewhat cooldeja vu is considered somewhat cool

I'd draft Wilt Chamberlain over him. Dude was a beast. He would have thrown Shaq around like a rag doll since he was one of the strongest men in the world. Wilt bench pressed 500 pounds like it's nothing and killed a mountain lion with his bare hands. Call me when Shaq can do those herculean feats.

deja vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #53
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja vu
I'd draft Wilt Chamberlain over him. Dude was a beast. He would have thrown Shaq around like a rag doll since he was one of the strongest men in the world. Wilt bench pressed 500 pounds like it's nothing and killed a mountain lion with his bare hands. Call me when Shaq can do those herculean feats.

I'm sure he could take on a herculean feast though
ralph_i_el is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #54
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k is considered somewhat coolFoster5k is considered somewhat cool

Without hindsight, I'm not taking anybody over Shaq. Hopefully, I can also draft/trade and get a good SG to pair with Shaq, then it's game over for the leauge.

With hindsight, I'll take Michael Jordan. Dude was/would be unstoppable no matter what era. If he didn't retire early and come back, probably would of won more rings than Bill Russell.

So, Shaq without hindsight.

The G.O.A.T(Michael Jordan) with hindsight.
Foster5k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #55
MisterAmazing
Good High School Starter

MisterAmazing has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Kareem, Hakeem, Duncan, Oscar, Lebron, Magic since I take loyalty to a franchise into account

MisterAmazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #56
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kareem, Hakeem, Russell, Wilt, Kobe, Magic
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #57
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I always say take the big man first over all.

But the only exception I would make of course is Jordan.
LeBron is looking like he may be an exception as well and is a good argument.

There for....

Jordan
Kareem
The Dream

and that's it.

This does not mean I think Shaq is the 4th greatest player of all time.
But if I had the 4th pick of an all time team I will be getting Shaq over Wilt.
Maybe I am a homer to my era but I would get Shaq at 4 and the three above players before Shaq.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #58
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

If we are talking about big men..than Wilt easily. Unstoppable offensively and defensively. Great passing big man.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #59
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think about this all the time, about the truely great prospects I've seen. Not so much how they turned out, but how they were percieved entering the league, and how I viewed their potential at that point.

Shaq is right at the top, just for his shear size and athleticism alone. One of the issues I think people have with Shaq is that inspite of his rediculous resume, you could make a pretty good case that he still underachieved.

Shaq, Lebron, immediately come to mind. So does Chris Webber, who's the first guy I remember coming out of HS with the kind of hype he did. And his skill set was so enormously complete. Of course he was taken first then traded, but still, that was due to the presence of Shaq on this list. Derrick Coleman, who's from my favorite school, and played in a way I found particualarly appealing, and I was pretty young at that point. Of course that didn't work out so well.
Much before that I don't remember a ton, as I was pretty young. But I do actively remember Ewing and Hakeem were both considered franchise changers, to the point where the Ewing draft fix is a pop culture fixture. And Ralph Sampson was a 7-4 do everything guy with a 3 National Player of the Year Pedigree coming in, who'd allegedly been offered the opportunity to go first in drafts going back to HS (a story he tells first person about Red Aurbach in the Jim Valvano 30 for 30, which was spectacular by the way).

So I'm looking at guys more in terms of how you'd draft them if every prospect were thrown in the same pot together, so it makes anyone who didn't go one a little tricky to guage, like Jordan, who was a dynamic prospect.

If you're asking it the other way, I'm building a team, and knowing what I know after the fact, who would I want to build it around, I'd take Kareem.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #60
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation hereJust2McFly has a near all-star reputation here

Only Kareem.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: