Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
Anaximandro1
High School Varsity 6th Man

Anaximandro1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Kaman says David Stern "hates the Spurs"

Chris Kaman

Quote:
On fans following players more than they follow a specific team.

“One exception to that is the Spurs. They understand what they have. That’s why David Stern hates the Spurs. I probably shouldn’t say that but he doesn’t like when the Spurs are in the finals because the ratings go down.

People say that all the time. I don’t know how true it is but you hear stories all about that is that the ratings are down. Their basketball is the purest basketball you’re going to find, in my opinion, in the NBA, just watching them play.

They play a nice pace game. They’re defense is solid. Their plays are solid. They get all their guys involved. That’s why when he sat them guys against the Heat and sent them home, they still almost won that game.”

Anaximandro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Kaman says David Stern "hates the Spurs"

He's right though, Spurs basketball is about as pure as it gets. Shared responsibility, well executed plays, great leaders. Team defense is almost a religion to the Spurs... Stern can suck it
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Does he? If so, why did he hand the Spurs 2007 NBA titles by destroying the Suns? Id say Stern is about neutral towards the Spurs.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Chris Kaman always speaks his mind

If and when Hill goes back to his usual play. Butler + Clips 2013 first for Kaman. Shave off Butler's salary for next year and get an upgrade at C.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Does he? If so, why did he hand the Spurs 2007 NBA titles by destroying the Suns? Id say Stern is about neutral towards the Spurs.
That was more illegal sports betting reasons and a dumb ref getting exposed for it. Do you know how bad Stern would look now if he still supported the Spurs? It is all politics anyway.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A successful small market team is a problem when your priority is business.
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Yep. Spurs = small market and successful. Stern hates that. Stern also hates Indiana and managed to sabotage that franchise with Artest as his secret weapon. He can't do that to the Spurs yet.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

How about you try to play some pure boring Tim Duncan defense you lazy sack.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Kaveman speaking the truth! F*ck you Stern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets

It was Amare's dumbass fault for getting suspended (for leaving the bench along with Diaw, iirc). Let's not forget how much Stern has screwed us in between.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiw60NusOY

As one example...
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #10
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
Kaveman speaking the truth! F*ck you Stern.

It was Amare's dumbass fault for getting suspended (for leaving the bench along with Diaw, iirc). Let's not forget how much Stern has screwed us in between.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiw60NusOY

As one example...
Are you going to ignore the fact that Tim Donaghy reffed that series and the league admitted it was rigged? He did prison time for his amazing officiating in that series. Tim Duncan wanted to replay the entire series because he felt it was tainted and didn't want to win that way. The league didn't cooperate because they just wanted to forget it ever happened.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:36 PM   #11
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
Are you going to ignore the fact that Tim Donaghy reffed that series and the league admitted it was rigged? He did prison time for his amazing officiating in that series. Tim Duncan wanted to replay the entire series because he felt it was tainted and didn't want to win that way. The league didn't cooperate because they just wanted to forget it ever happened.

Not that it matters, but I would gladly been pro redoing the series. We were clearly the better team regardless, as we had been for years prior. The only team that could have stopped us that year was the Dallas Mavericks.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #12
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just can't understand how anyone can hate the Spurs or there players other than Stephan Jackson. The whole team is as humble as it gets and the basketball is proper pure delightful basketball to watch. If you hate the Spurs for the way they play than you don't understand basketball.
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #13
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

Add Bruce Bowen to that list as well.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #14
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
Not that it matters, but I would gladly been pro redoing the series. We were clearly the better team regardless, as we had been for years prior. The only team that could have stopped us that year was the Dallas Mavericks.
Tainted series. Asterisk title. They didn't earn it. Shouldn't be in the history books.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #15
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
Tainted series. Asterisk title. They didn't earn it. Shouldn't be in the history books.

Same thing with Miami's ECF last season, as well as multiple officiating question marks in the Finals. I don't see any asterisks on their title.

Fact is, there are always going to be 'what ifs' on the course to a title. Doesn't mean at the end it's worth any less. Get over yourself.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: