Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #16
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Could You Score in an NBA Game?

Yeah maybe if I play the full 48 minutes and I'm on a super team.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

me, i think i could average 20/5/5
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
me, i think i could average 20/5/5
Cool
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Yes, 45ppg easily in the 50s, 60s tho
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #21
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheQuick31
I dont post much on here but I dont think it would'nt be hard to score if you have any sort of an outside jump shot. Im sure I could sit in the corner, wait for someone to penetrate and draw my man and get an open look. Im a decent shooter, played all my life Im sure id knock down 3/10 if given space in the corner.
I agree. I'd be 1/50th of the next worst player on the floor, so it'd almost be silly for an NBA defender to not cheat off me and help out elsewhere on the floor. If the stars align and my awesome NBA teammate is able to penetrate and draw a quick double team from my guy and no one decides to rotate to me because I suck, there's a chance I'll hit that 15 footer.

To be clear, 99.9% of non-NBA players are not going to come into an NBA game and operate. I don't think I've seen anyone here say they'd step into the game and start going to work via iso on the wing. But, if we have enough time to get off a shot without getting blocked, off a kick out or whatever other random situation of that nature, we've all got a chance to hit that shot in that one moment.

Yes, it's silly when people act like they wouldn't be completely obliterated by a guy like Toney Douglas. But I think it's almost equally as silly to treat an NBA basketball game as a place where it'd be forever impossible to ever even think about possibly hitting an open shot because one believes there'd never be a shot any one of us would be able to take without being blocked. If the question was, "You have one trip down the floor in an NBA game, could you score on it?" Then I'd agree we're all in trouble. But, if we had 48 minutes to luck into an open look (or being intentionally fouled at the end of a game), I think there's definitely a chance.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 01-27-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
PistolPete44
Banned

PistolPete44 has decent reputation

thought about this previously... glad that it gets discussed here lol
PistolPete44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #23
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

im faster and stronger than most nba gaurds. i cant shoot for shit but if i got the shots i could probably average 10ppg on 20 shots easy.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #24
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

of course you all will... if steve nash guards you....

but if tony allen is all over your nuts for 48 minutes, not only you wont score... but you fatsos will probably collapse on the floor...

get real.
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #25
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysio
im faster and stronger than most nba gaurds. i cant shoot for shit but if i got the shots i could probably average 10ppg on 20 shots easy.

Bust out the Kleenex and wipe up, after you're done slurping yourself you can come back to reality

"I'm faster and stronger than most nba guards"

TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Bust out the Kleenex and wipe up, after you're done slurping yourself you can come back to reality

"I'm faster and stronger than most nba guards"

whatever. i dont even need speed for these clowns just back em up and fade every time i'll hit a shot or 2 for every 5-6 missed.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #27
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
whatever. i dont even need speed for these clowns just back em up and fade every time i'll hit a shot or 2 for every 5-6 missed.

How tall are you
Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #28
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

No, yeah, they'd put the worst defender of the team on me and he's double off me somewhen in the game, but I couldn't hold on with the speed of the NBA. Means I would have one chance and that would be the first offensive set for my team and I'd have to score. I highly doubt I would receive the ball.
Overdrive is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #29
Rysio
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
How tall are you
5'11
Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #30
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

Quote:
5'11

So you're 5'11 and your plan is to back down nba players and shoot fadeaways to get points..

Ok
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: