Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #31
plowking
well DENG

Default Re: Why Isn't Miami a Dominant Team?

Would you not call 2 finals in the 2 years they've been together dominant? And a 3rd looking very likely...
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #32
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

IMO, another reason for lack of dominance is they get Complacent when their back is not against the Wall or not in MUST WIN situation.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #33
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

Not impressed by the Finals appearances, they play in the freaking east. ZERO challengers.
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #34
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk
Not impressed by the Finals appearances, they play in the freaking east. ZERO challengers.

They have zero competitors but aren't dominant? Some of you are very counter productive against your own arguments.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #35
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
Because their best two players are fairly redundant, and building with wings is historically not a very great idea (though Pip/MJ fared well due to exceptional fit...West/Baylor had issues in the postseason, in no small part due to those legendary Celtics teams).

That being said, if they win a couple more championships in their existence (which is at least two more years, probably a few more of LeBron resigns) I think some people will look back and say that they were a dominant team.

If they win 1 more championship I'd consider them dominant.

But this hasn't been an overwhelming dominant team like many expected. When they first got together, I thought they'd be a team that every ring chasing veteran wanted to join. To date, the only one of note has been Allen this year.

This year they have figured out that they need to balance playing with Joel Anthony at C or not. Not means they can play an uptempo offense that allows Wade and James to really coexist well with shooters on the floor and with Bosh at the C out of the pick and roll. With him in they can actually defend. Regardless they can't rebound without Herculean efforts from Wade and James.

First season they had difficulties, and in the postseason lucked out IMO when Wade broke Rondo. And of course the Bulls needed extra ammo. I feel the Bulls with Rip last year really could've beaten them had they had Rose of course. And this year they've gotten guys really confident without Rose and he should be in good shape come playoff time and have the entire post all star break to incorporate him. **** the Pacers. But the Knicks are built to beat the Heat, and pretty much everybody else. I feel like if they can generally stay healthy and bring back either Wallace or Camby or both, they would truly have no weaknesses from a personnel standpoint.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #36
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
If they win 1 more championship I'd consider them dominant.

But this hasn't been an overwhelming dominant team like many expected. When they first got together, I thought they'd be a team that every ring chasing veteran wanted to join. To date, the only one of note has been Allen this year.

This year they have figured out that they need to balance playing with Joel Anthony at C or not. Not means they can play an uptempo offense that allows Wade and James to really coexist well with shooters on the floor and with Bosh at the C out of the pick and roll. With him in they can actually defend. Regardless they can't rebound without Herculean efforts from Wade and James.

First season they had difficulties, and in the postseason lucked out IMO when Wade broke Rondo. And of course the Bulls needed extra ammo. I feel the Bulls with Rip last year really could've beaten them had they had Rose of course. And this year they've gotten guys really confident without Rose and he should be in good shape come playoff time and have the entire post all star break to incorporate him. **** the Pacers. But the Knicks are built to beat the Heat, and pretty much everybody else. I feel like if they can generally stay healthy and bring back either Wallace or Camby or both, they would truly have no weaknesses from a personnel standpoint.

Knicks and Bulls are now the only 2 teams IMO that can beat the Heat this year. Maybe Philly, but that all depends on Bynum's Impact and rickety knees.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #37
HEAT111
Sonic Boom

Is this because of the loss yesterday? The Heat only lost by two with 20 turnovers, Wade going 6-20, and Celtics on the free throw line more than the Heat. The game was loss by the Coach...but it doesn't really matter anymore.
HEAT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #38
Hank
Heatles = Dynasty

<<<-------------------- Looky looky

"Conference and NBA championships aren't won during the regular season" Pat Riley

See you in April
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: