Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Michael Jordan's first 40 pt game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP-EIeGW4lk

Dropped 45..it came in his 9th Pro game. Ended up with 45/10/4

Watching his moves, dude was as polished as they come. Every move was damn near perfect. Rookies nowadays, they come in and we're like "yea eventually he'll learn to do this and that". Pretty amazing what he was doing as a rookie then...looked like a vet out there

Check out other videos by this dude: Hoopsencyclopedia. got some good stuff

Last edited by hotsizzle : 02-05-2007 at 07:39 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Michael Jordan's first 40 pt game

Cheers sizzle that was freakin' cool.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.

watching some of the other videos made by that user.. con man is sweet, forgot all about that one
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

he's a joy to watch. some of they plays he makes..i find my self laughing, just at the impossible plays/shots he makes so easily..definately the greatest player of all time. thanks for posting.

captain marvel :
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:07 AM   #5
junwin
I hit open 5-footers

junwin has decent reputation

im so glad i subscribed to hoopsencyclopedia. they dig up the best games.
junwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP-EIeGW4lk

Dropped 45..it came in his 9th Pro game. Ended up with 45/10/4

Watching his moves, dude was as polished as they come. Every move was damn near perfect. Rookies nowadays, they come in and we're like "yea eventually he'll learn to do this and that". Pretty amazing what he was doing as a rookie then...looked like a vet out there

Check out other videos by this dude: Hoopsencyclopedia. got some good stuff

Hot shyt. I haven't seen anyone who comes close to playing like him, which should be clear to anyone who watched a good part of his career.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #7
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Hoopsencyclopedia has a sh!tload of classic Jordan videos. This game, though significant for the fact that it was MJ's first 40-pointer, is one of the worst ones, actually. Check his video page (note that there are two pages):

http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...psencyclopedia
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #8
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Nice video man, you could see it was all there even at the beginning. Jordan did change the way he shot though his shot action looks different there then the second threepeat years. Anyone know what year the change came about?
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #9
KobeBalboa
Banned

KobeBalboa has an OK reputation so far

Awesome. You can just see that he is the most talented player to ever step on a basketball court.. He had it all from day 1.
Combine that with hard work, dedication and everything and you get...well, the goat.

The biggest difference between Kobe and Jordan IMO is the athleticism.
Don't get me wrong. Kobe's definitely a fine athlete but Jordan...he was incredible as an athlete. He's one of the best athletes of all time.
That quickness, strength, jumping ability...Kobe can't challenge that.
Kobe is playing a bit smarter now so he's even more like MJ but he"ll never quite get there...he just doesn't have the talent IMO no matter how much he wants it.
KobeBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #10
gb8
Extra Cheese

Great list loki. I love watching Mj operate in the post, could seriously just watch entire highlights of his moves in the post, just a joy to watch.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #11
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBalboa
Awesome. You can just see that he is the most talented player to ever step on a basketball court.. He had it all from day 1.
Combine that with hard work, dedication and everything and you get...well, the goat.

The biggest difference between Kobe and Jordan IMO is the athleticism.
Don't get me wrong. Kobe's definitely a fine athlete but Jordan...he was incredible as an athlete. He's one of the best athletes of all time.
That quickness, strength, jumping ability...Kobe can't challenge that.
Kobe is playing a bit smarter now so he's even more like MJ but he"ll never quite get there...he just doesn't have the talent IMO no matter how much he wants it.

The biggest difference for me between the two is with jordan you get a sense that he can get any shot he wants at any time. With kobe I get the sense he can make any shot at anytime. Dont kow if that makes sense at all?
Old 02-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #12
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

i think it was Magic Johnson who once said that you'll never be able to realize just how good Jordan was unless you were a pro basketball player or a genius coach.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #13
Batchoy
Decent playground baller

Batchoy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
The biggest difference for me between the two is with jordan you get a sense that he can get any shot he wants at any time. With kobe I get the sense he can make any shot at anytime. Dont kow if that makes sense at all?
No. Both players can get a shot off anytime, but the difference is that Jordan "knew" he could make every shot he took, while Kobe "thinks" he can make every shot no matter how difficult.
Kobe is a great player, but hasn't reached Jordan's level of play yet. Saying that, I think Kobe has a chance of reaching the level of the all-time greats. He's slowly learning how to change his game to maximize his teammates talents while incorporating his own game within the team.
Batchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #14
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Michael as a 30 year old was an amazing thing to watch. MJ as a rookie was probably the most incredible thing i've ever watched.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #15
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8

No, it doesn't make any sense when you consider that Jordan shot FIFTY THREE PERCENT during his 35ppg year (compared to Kobe's 44% during his), and he shot FORTY NINE PERCENT during his 37ppg year. Further, his scoring performances in the playoffs blow away anything Bryant has ever done. This was before these guard friendly rules changes as well. Lastly, Kobe never even shot 50% with a MONSTER like Shaq drawing defendes away from him. Nor has he dropped 50 or 60 on teams that were bruising defensive powerhouses like the Bad Boy Pistons or mid 90s Knicks.

Some people have taken to thinking that Kobe is on par or an even BETTER scorer than MJ because of the 81 points I guess. Nothing could be further from the truth.

MJ had him on efficiency, scoring in big games, consistancy everything. Only and idiot would think two games (81 points, 62 in 3 quarters) challenges MJ's OVERALL scoring abilities.

Anyone who's seen a lot of both players knows that Jordan was a vastly superior offensive player.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: