Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #31
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Jordan's first 40 pt game

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
That's part of the problem. If you look at the moves that Kobe has done over his career, he's done just that. Replicating.. I mean, just looking at Kobe's career, you have to give credit to Jordan for the originality.

I think Kobe is like the rest of us, he was just a kid wanting to be just like mike. Others might go to their local park and try and replicate a mj move but kobe just tried to emulate him on the nba court.
gb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #32
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
That's part of the problem. If you look at the moves that Kobe has done over his career, he's done just that. Replicating.. I mean, just looking at Kobe's career, you have to give credit to Jordan for the originality.
Of course, no one is disputing that. Just as Jordan verbally paid homage to George Gervin, and Julius Erving who he bite off as well. It's only natural. What's wrong with Kobe trying to play like Jordan? Nothing, because as of now he's one of the greatest players to ever play the game, and is a top 3 player in the NBA. He does Jordan-esque moves, because he was influenced by the man. Just as a whole generation of basketball players was. The thing is, there is only few people who have the ability to replicate Jordan's game. T-Mac, VC, Wade, Kobe all have combined elements, movements, etc. and have used MJ's game as template for their own. It isn't just Kobe. It's just, Kobe gets the comparisons because he is best at it, and he is the best player of that bunch of guys.
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #33
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb8
I think Kobe is like the rest of us, he was just a kid wanting to be just like mike. Others might go to their local park and try and replicate a mj move but kobe just tried to emulate him on the nba court.

alright, but then when you hear the kobe vs. jordan comparisons how can you say that Kobe is better when he's taken so many moves from Jordan himself. It's hard to say that the replica is better than the original.

Kobe is a great player in his own right, but I have more respect for those who come into the nba as themselves and try to make a name in their own way.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:30 PM   #34
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Who said Kobe was better? Jordan aped alot of Dr. J moves, but who was the better player? Your argument makes no sense. But apart from that, no one said Kobe was better.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #35
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
alright, but then when you hear the kobe vs. jordan comparisons how can you say that Kobe is better when he's taken so many moves from Jordan himself. It's hard to say that the replica is better than the original.

Kobe is a great player in his own right, but I have more respect for those who come into the nba as themselves and try to make a name in their own way.

Only stupid 13 yr old would claim kobe is a better player then jordan overall. Its not even a question. Kobe is the best we have right now though shows just how good jordan was, his diluted replica is the best in the league.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #36
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Well, maybe nobody said it in this thread, but it most definitely has been said. Tell me that nobody has said that Kobe's 81 and 62 in 3 quarters makes him>>>>>> Jordan..

And even if nobody in this thread said it, you are the one's who even brought up his name when this was originally a Jordan thread.. so that's why people are debating. Blame yourselves.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #37
The Mamba
High School Starter

Who brought up Kobe? Wasn't me. Hell, the first person who actually did was Knoe. You just know with his first post he was taking a subtle shot at any Kobe fan who happens to think otherwise. It was quite obvious, via the tone of his posts and the subject matter he always talks about. Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
Hot shyt. I haven't seen anyone who comes close to playing like him, which should be clear to anyone who watched a good part of his career.

Person to bring him up was "KobeBalboa", and no where did he say Kobe was better. Kobe isn't better than MJ. And if the reasoning of any "fan" of his is to say that because he scored 81 points in a game, shouldn't even be taken seriously.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #38
goldgrill4me
Banned

goldgrill4me has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
Of course, no one is disputing that. Just as Jordan verbally paid homage to George Gervin, and Julius Erving who he bite off as well. It's only natural. What's wrong with Kobe trying to play like Jordan? Nothing, because as of now he's one of the greatest players to ever play the game, and is a top 3 player in the NBA. He does Jordan-esque moves, because he was influenced by the man. Just as a whole generation of basketball players was. The thing is, there is only few people who have the ability to replicate Jordan's game. T-Mac, VC, Wade, Kobe all have combined elements, movements, etc. and have used MJ's game as template for their own. It isn't just Kobe. It's just, Kobe gets the comparisons because he is best at it, and he is the best player of that bunch of guys.
no kobe gets more of the flack for copying jordan bc he does it right down to the mans mannerisms.
goldgrill4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #39
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

The thing Kobe fans like to do is pretend that Kobe is now the Jordan of the NBA (that is clearly well above everyone else).

Unfortunately for them, today's NBA doesn't have that player and if it did the choice would be closer to Tim Duncan than anyone else.

There's just no way you can argue that Bryant is definitely better than Bron, Wade, Dirk, Duncan, KG, Nash.

He just doesn't dominate the league like Michael did.

No matter how loud and how often Bryant fans chant "Kobe's the best player in the game" over and over, it doesn't make it so.

Further, I HAVE seen SEVERAL Bryant fans try to claim that Kobe is a better scorer than Michael because of the 81 and 62, which is just flat out bullshyt for the reasons I indicated on the previous page.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #40
The Mamba
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrill4me
no kobe gets more of the flack for copying jordan bc he does it right down to the mans mannerisms.
That too. He catches flack for it, just as he is the one steadily compared to MJ.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:49 PM   #41
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Who brought up Kobe? Wasn't me. Hell, the first person who actually did was Knoe. You just know with his first post he was taking a subtle shot at any Kobe fan who happens to think otherwise. It was quite obvious, via the tone of his posts and the subject matter he always talks about. Here:

Person to bring him up was "KobeBalboa", and no where did he say Kobe was better. Kobe isn't better than MJ. And if the reasoning of any "fan" of his is to say that because he scored 81 points in a game, shouldn't even be taken seriously.

WTF, saying what I said is bringing Kobe up? Don't be an idiot. It's not my fault that Bryant fans get their panties in a bunch if someone says no one plays like Jordan.

That's your issue, not mine and there's no way you can twist what I said into being about Kobe, unless you're a Bryant fanatic who feels insulted that I said I've never seen anyone who plays like him.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #42
gb8
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Well, maybe nobody said it in this thread, but it most definitely has been said. Tell me that nobody has said that Kobe's 81 and 62 in 3 quarters makes him>>>>>> Jordan..

And even if nobody in this thread said it, you are the one's who even brought up his name when this was originally a Jordan thread.. so that's why people are debating. Blame yourselves.

Someone before me mentioned what he viewed to be the betwen what seperated mj from kobe. Infact he actually stated his opinion on why he felt Mj was Better then kobe. Thought I would share my thoughts on that, never once did I say he was better or that 81 although it is the best individual performance by a player in my lifetime makes him better than mj at all. Why would you argue points which have never been raised in this thread? Would you like me to make a whole new thread on a topic that really has been discussed to death already where we will continue to rehash done and dusted arguments with the same posters saying the same biased nonesense?
Old 02-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #43
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Knoe says this....
Quote:
Hot shyt. I haven't seen anyone who comes close to playing like him, which should be clear to anyone who watched a good part of his career.
i don't see kobe's name anywhere...

then KobeBalboa says this..
Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBalboa
Awesome. You can just see that he is the most talented player to ever step on a basketball court.. He had it all from day 1.
Combine that with hard work, dedication and everything and you get...well, the goat.

The biggest difference between Kobe and Jordan IMO is the athleticism.
Don't get me wrong. Kobe's definitely a fine athlete but Jordan...he was incredible as an athlete. He's one of the best athletes of all time.
That quickness, strength, jumping ability...Kobe can't challenge that.
Kobe is playing a bit smarter now so he's even more like MJ but he"ll never quite get there...he just doesn't have the talent IMO no matter how much he wants it.

Now Kobe is mentioned. So yes it was a Kobe fan who brought him up originally. Unless you're trying to say that someone saying nobody is close to Jordan's level is automatically calling out Kobe.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #44
The Mamba
High School Starter

Quote:
WTF, saying what I said is bringing Kobe up?
You that thick, McBuddy? You think that you have to literally refer to someone by name in order to be taking about someone? Come on now, I know you're smarter than that. Don't play dumb, I know you were referencing Bryant. I mean, what was the point of that comment anyway? We were talking about MJ's first 40 game. It goes without saying no one has played like MJ. Or do you just like stating the obvious? But of course, the statement had a different intent.

Quote:
Don't be an idiot. It's not my fault that Bryant fans get their panties in a bunch if someone says no one plays like Jordan.
I didn't say that was a problem. I just know who you were referring to by even bringing him up in the thread, in a non-direct manner.

Quote:
That's your issue, not mine and there's no way you can twist what I said into being about Kobe, unless you're a Bryant fanatic who feels insulted that I said I've never seen anyone who plays like him.
Who's insulted? To an extent I even agree. Read my posts in this thread. All I said was I knew who, and what you were talking about. You left the statement vague enough to allow for a Kobe v.s. Jordan discussion, that any over-zealous Kobe fan would bite on your word play. Don't play dumb now, Knoe. And also, don't even try to insult my intelligence.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #45
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
You that thick, McBuddy? You think that you have to literally refer to someone by name in order to be taking about someone? Come on now, I know you're smarter than that. Don't play dumb, I know you were referencing Bryant. I mean, what was the point of that comment anyway? We were talking about MJ's first 40 game. It goes without saying no one has played like MJ. Or do you just like stating the obvious? But of course, the statement had a different intent.

I didn't say that was a problem. I just know who you were referring to by even bringing him up in the thread, in a non-direct manner.

Who's insulted? To an extent I even agree. Read my posts in this thread. All I said was I knew who, and what you were talking about. You left the statement vague enough to allow for a Kobe v.s. Jordan discussion, that any over-zealous Kobe fan would bite on your word play. Don't play dumb now, Knoe. And also, don't even try to insult my intelligence.

I can't insult something you don't have. The only type of person that could twist what i said into referring to Kobe is a fanatic.

I didn't even say something like "No player, especially one in LA, has ever played like him" or "No wannabes with the benefit of a monster center to get him titles" plays like him or something like that.

What I said contained NO even hidden references to Kobe except in the minds of fanatics who think saying no one's come close to him is an insult to Bryant.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: