Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-03-2007, 03:38 AM   #1
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here
Default Images of Tehran, Iran you don't see every day

http://www.lucasgray.com/video/peacetrain.html
reppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
JMEWLS

Default Re: Images of Tehran, Iran you don't see every day

looks like a beautiful place, do you know when these pictures where taken?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:52 AM   #3
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

No I don't.. you might want to look at www.lucasgray.com though and see if the information is listed. I got the link from another website.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Pretty interesting, couple of very hot women in there too.

Bush is a mass murderer.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 04:27 AM   #5
reppy
Apparently likes anime

I was surprised by that, too. At first I thought the woman in the glasses was Paris Hilton or something.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

when did the us have beef with iran or has george bush just leanred the vowles in the alphabet and hes going to take out one country begining with A, two with e, three with i, 4 with o and 5 with u?
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

yeah Iran has some beatiful sights to see. so does every region. but iran can still suck my balls for being a brutal dictatorship theocracy.

down with theocracy.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:21 AM   #8
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star

LongBeachLakers has an OK reputation so far

We must invade Iran to save those beautiful women from Evil Iranian Men...
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:19 AM   #9
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
yeah Iran has some beatiful sights to see. so does every region. but iran can still suck my balls for being a brutal dictatorship theocracy.

down with theocracy.

basically.

Bush is still a wretched piece of **** though.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #10
kenuffff
Great young streetballer

kenuffff has an OK reputation so far

iran is leading a dangerous path right now as far as pursuing nuclear weapons at the warnings of the US/europe/most of the middle east. so i don't really feel sorry for their leadership just the people which is an unfortunate side-effect of war. im not worried about what bush would do to iran im worried about what isarel will do.
kenuffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
Chairman_Yao
Kids at the park dunk on me

Chairman_Yao has an OK reputation so far

Wow, looks like a very nice place. . .too bad Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants to "wipe Israel off the map". . .
Chairman_Yao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman_Yao
Wow, looks like a very nice place. . .too bad Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants to "wipe Israel off the map". . .

He never said that. It was a mistranslation. Not surprising, considering the fact that it was MEMRI that did the translation.

Quote:
Sorry that I misremembered the exact phrase Ahmadinejad had used. He made an analogy to Khomeini's determination and success in getting rid of the Shah's government, which Khomeini had said "must go" (az bain bayad berad). Then Ahmadinejad defined Zionism not as an Arabi-Israeli national struggle but as a Western plot to divide the world of Islam with Israel as the pivot of this plan.

The phrase he then used as I read it is "The Imam said that this regime occupying Jerusalem (een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods) must [vanish from] from the page of time (bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad)."

Ahmadinejad was not making a threat, he was quoting a saying of Khomeini and urging that pro-Palestinian activists in Iran not give up hope-- that the occupation of Jerusalem was no more a continued inevitability than had been the hegemony of the Shah's government.

Whatever this quotation from a decades-old speech of Khomeini may have meant, Ahmadinejad did not say that "Israel must be wiped off the map" with the implication that phrase has of Nazi-style extermination of a people. He said that the occupation regime over Jerusalem must be erased from the page of time.

Again, Ariel Sharon erased the occupation regime over Gaza from the page of time.

I should again underline that I personally despise everything Ahmadinejad stands for, not to mention the odious Khomeini, who had personal friends of mine killed so thoroughly that we have never recovered their bodies. Nor do I agree that the Israelis have no legitimate claim on any part of Jerusalem. And, I am not exactly a pacifist but have a strong preference for peaceful social activism over violence, so needless to say I condemn the sort of terror attacks against innocent civilians (including Arab Israelis) that we saw last week. I have not seen any credible evidence, however, that such attacks are the doing of Ahmadinejad, and in my view they are mainly the result of the expropriation and displacement of the long-suffering Palestinian people.

http://www.juancole.com/2006/05/hitc...-hitchens.html

I should note, I also agree entirely with the bolded part. The guy is disgusting. Also, for all the stupid, hateful (denying the Holocaust) and dumb things that Ahmadinejad has done.. a mistranslation is the best they can come up with? It harms their credibility in the end. And really, it shouldn't be that hard to make the guy look bad.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #13
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

it does look rather nice...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:42 AM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
when did the us have beef with iran or has george bush just leanred the vowles in the alphabet and hes going to take out one country begining with A, two with e, three with i, 4 with o and 5 with u?

since 1979 when the leader of the country Ayatollah Khomeni sent terrorists into our embassy and kidnapped 69 of our people and held them for nearly 400days... it is why jimmy carter was not reelected in 1980 due to his futile efforts to free them using diplomacy, he ok'd a rescue attempt but would'nt ok the use of special forces units or navy seals, when two out of three rescue helicopters crashed into each other he used that as the justification of not sending elite troops... in november 1980 president reagan was elected soundly defeating carter, one of his main campaign pldges had been to get the people out of there, they were released the day after he took office.. many said it was because iran was afraid of regan and that may have been part of it but there was alot of pressure out of the arab countries to release the people and i'm sure carters efforts must have had something to do with their release in the end..
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #15
Mahmoud
Decent playground baller

Mahmoud has an OK reputation so far

As a Muslim, I ain't gonna lie, most of the leadership in the Middle East is ****. The entire Middle East is run by psychopath's. Talk to most Muslims who aren't stupidly biased, and they will tell you the same. The countries are beautiful, there are many wonderful places, but there is much corruption and evil, especially at the top.

Ahmadinejad is rapidly losing popularity, most people don't agree with his apocalyptic cult, and it should only be a matter of time before his crazyass is booted out by the people, hopefully replaced by a more competent and honorable person.
Mahmoud is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: